Gaining has Stalled

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I’m not going to really have anything to add here… I am curious though how tall you are I checked your hub its not listed.

X2 on pics and not just because I’m kind of a perv

Also hella x2 on the protein shakes. Obvi I’m not now nore have I ever fought to add size like you guys do BUT the puppies I know at the gym this is the first thing I check with them… getting in the protein and yes shakes most logical way. Esp. Whey protein which is fast digested within 30 min PWO. [/quote]

I’m 5’10".

Sorta, yea. That and you have to have the necessary energy to sustain growth or even maintain muscle mass.

Some of that weight is water, if you have been on creatine for 6-8 weeks stop taking it for 1 or 2 weeks. Personaly suggest 1 and a half to 2.
Then load up again. 5g’s 3-5 times a day for a week and continue maintanance. 5 gs a day.

6 weeks of 5/3/1 will really get thqat strength up. Id def. Trying advqnced gvt at this time.
Looks like u built up some tolerance to volume. And at 5 reps per set will give u more of a hypertrophy effect.
Would really allow you to cap on the strength training.

Weight should sky rocket.
Hss-100 would be pretty good to get ur weight up/slap on muscle after 5/3/1.

Personal opinions ofcourse.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I’m not going to really have anything to add here… I am curious though how tall you are I checked your hub its not listed.

Also hella x2 on the protein shakes. Obvi I’m not now nore have I ever fought to add size like you guys do BUT the puppies I know at the gym this is the first thing I check with them… getting in the protein and yes shakes most logical way. Esp. Whey protein which is fast digested within 30 min PWO. [/quote]

I’m 5’10".[/quote]

Ah! Two hundo really is a good threshold then. You’ve put on good size good work!
Now, more :slight_smile:

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
Some of that weight is water, if you have been on creatine for 6-8 weeks stop taking it for 1 or 2 weeks. Personaly suggest 1 and a half to 2.
Then load up again. 5g’s 3-5 times a day for a week and continue maintanance. 5 gs a day.

6 weeks of 5/3/1 will really get thqat strength up. Id def. Trying advqnced gvt at this time.
Looks like u built up some tolerance to volume. And at 5 reps per set will give u more of a hypertrophy effect.
Would really allow you to cap on the strength training.

Weight should sky rocket.
Hss-100 would be pretty good to get ur weight up/slap on muscle after 5/3/1.

Personal opinions ofcourse.[/quote]

I’ve been at 5/3/1 for 5 1/2 months, and have no intention of dropping that, as I’m literally making strength gains on all core lifts as rapidly as when I first started lifting 2 years ago. At this time, I am not looking to change that; however, the accessory work, which makes up the bulk of my time in the gym anyway, is where I will definitely be looking to modify and ramp up intensity for a more hypertrophic focus.

I have been on creatine for probably 4-5 months now. At 5g a day I don’t even notice bloating. I have never tried loading, but have read it’s pretty superfluous. What’s the idea behind it?

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

I’m 5’10".[/quote]

Ah! Two hundo really is a good threshold then. You’ve put on good size good work!
Now, more :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Why thank you, ma’am.

You seem to know what’s up. Nothing to it but to do it.

You can’t just keep gaining steadily and linearly forever. sometimes the body just doesn’t wanna put on more weight, and sometimes if you force it too hard, you’ll end up fat. If you’re still 200 in 2 months, then maybe make some changes, but 2 weeks is literally nothing.

Good work so far.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
You seem to know what’s up. Nothing to it but to do it.[/quote]

x2

I still stand by my opinion on stopping the creatine for a week or 2. Then do a few days of loading.

Then 5G’s a day again.

I would almost promise it will help with the weight gain.

Your body adapts to supps like it adapts to training. You should let that 5 months flush out for 2 weeks and drive it back into your cells hard( loading)

[quote]Mike T. wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
You seem to know what’s up. Nothing to it but to do it.[/quote]

x2

I still stand by my opinion on stopping the creatine for a week or 2. Then do a few days of loading.

Then 5G’s a day again.

I would almost promise it will help with the weight gain.

Your body adapts to supps like it adapts to training. You should let that 5 months flush out for 2 weeks and drive it back into your cells hard( loading)[/quote]

Sure thing. I’ll give it a go.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
You can’t just keep gaining steadily and linearly forever. sometimes the body just doesn’t wanna put on more weight, and sometimes if you force it too hard, you’ll end up fat. If you’re still 200 in 2 months, then maybe make some changes, but 2 weeks is literally nothing.

Good work so far.[/quote]

Thanks. I’m not freaking out about the 2 weeks. It has happened before. More concerned with the loss of appetite actually. Not sure how to interpret that. Not sure if I should “listen” and hold it for a few months, or bulldoze past 200.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

I agree, this seems pretty reasonable

update: weight stalled at same place for 3 weeks after I made the OP, then last week jumped to 203, and about a lb heavier yet this week.

Finally got the scale to spike! I didn’t really do anything drastic tbh. Just slowly added ~200 cal each week until I saw it move.

OK…so the advice should have been “eat more…/thread”

Just keep hitting the weights and the food hard, and the size will come. Don’t be put off by the strength curve. It sounds like you’re not really stalling, you’re just not progressing as rapidly as you started (which is pretty typical). Congrats on making slow, steady progress though. Most trainers totally miss the boat on real size and strength because they’re afraid of that kind of progress.

As for your diet, etc., keeping track of calories and steadily increasing them is the way to go. You obviously pay attention to them, which is why you’re 5’10’’ 203 and not the typical 5’10’’ 155 poster asking the forum if his first steroid cycle “looks good.”

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

I agree, this seems pretty reasonable [/quote]

Yeah, I would say it takes more “force” to gain muscular weight past 200lbs than it does to get to that point, assuming average height.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OK…so the advice should have been “eat more…/thread”[/quote]

Yes and no. I was concerned about my loss in appetite, and the fact that my weight was staying the same despite “force feeding.” It wasn’t as much about quantity as it was about WHAT I was eating. I shifted my macros a bit and I’m on the right path now.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

I agree, this seems pretty reasonable [/quote]

Yeah, I would say it takes more “force” to gain muscular weight past 200lbs than it does to get to that point, assuming average height.[/quote]

What do you mean by “force?” I mean I have an idea already based on my limited time over 200, but I’m curious what exactly you mean by it.

Update: 207, bitchezz!