Gaining Fat or Muscle?

so im three months into proper training after 12 plus months of screwing up. i know im not going to see barely any change in that time but i want to see what ppl think of my progress so far. i think i might need to scale back a couple hundred calories but could do with an opinion.

lol god knows how why picture is sideways. the second image is three months later.

Why do you think you need to scale back on calories?

I think you look noticeably thicker all over and you do not look like you’ve gained fat. I would keep doing what you’re doing.

ok thanks man. good to hear :wink:

Definitely don’t scale back the calories.

At a pinch, up them a little and maybe even increase your volume a little. I’m not sure what your training looks like but if you are going to add volume spread it evenly between main and assistance.

You’ve definitely put on some thickness and apparently no extra body fat, which is some damn good work.

[quote]MarkKO wrote:
Definitely don’t scale back the calories.

At a pinch, up them a little and maybe even increase your volume a little. I’m not sure what your training looks like but if you are going to add volume spread it evenly between main and assistance.

You’ve definitely put on some thickness and apparently no extra body fat, which is some damn good work. [/quote]

thank you! i am currently doing a begginers strength rountine. its basically 5x5 on all the major lifts such as bench, squat and row with some accesory lifts thrown in there for arms at the end. i was doing a more hypertrophy focused plan before but figured i needeed to focus on building some good strength for a month or two.