Gainer Shakes and Skin?

so ive never had good skin but lately its been gettin worse and worse, especially on my body, not much on my face.

anyway, im wondering if the cause of this could be from my protein shakes?

im drinking probaly 3-4 daily mixed with whole milk

heres the ingredient list

malodextrin, protein blend (whey isolate, whey concentrate, calcium caseinate, egg albumen, hydrolized whey peptides, glutamine peptides) Lipid blend (medium chain triglycerides high olecic sunflower oil) paritally hydrolized guar gum,

then the list keeps going on, theres mad shit in this stuff, its by Optimum Nutrition called pro-complex gainer plus.

but i was just wondering what the likely hood of the increased acne being from my shakes could be and if theres any other gainer shakes out there that i could switch to…unfortunately Biotest doesnt make a gainer shake.

I’ve had the same problem. Any form of milk protein [such as casein]can irritate the immune system and thicken mucus secretions, thus folding acne vulgaris.

In any event, I recommend calcium-fortified soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk for those any individual who drinks a lot of milk. Remember that rice milk contains little protein, and other sources should be added to the diet, especially in growing adolescents or teenagers. Regarding soy milk, I would recommend buying organic products and looking for brands that don’t have carageenan, a thickening agent which may not be safe.

Another theory is the indisposed hormones produced by cows when being milked. Many of these hormones carry over into whole milk, and are ingested by us when we choose to eat these products.

From experience, I’ve used 2 servings water [for a quicker absorption] and two servings milk for a post workout and before retiring shake. I’ve noticed my skin clear up when I use less than 4 servings of Protein-associated dairy for my daily diet.

Hope this helps…

im also taking a cassien based shake for before bed, im guessing that could be worsening it too?

I would’ve guessed it was the maltodextrin elevating your blood glucose levels causing prolong periods of increase insulin in your blood. This has a inflammatory effect and can lead to acne.

I think. lol.

i have learned that laying out in the sun can be a temporary cure for acne.

dude its like 40 degrees and mad windy here

i should look into tanning though

Do you still drink ten gallons of milk a week?

That might do it.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I would’ve guessed it was the maltodextrin elevating your blood glucose levels causing prolong periods of increase insulin in your blood. This has a inflammatory effect and can lead to acne.

I think. lol.[/quote]

i believe that more than the cassien theory b/c ive always drank a ton of milk and my skin wasnt perfect but it wasnt as bad as now either even when i was drinking 2 gallons a day.

Go see a dermatologist, and cut back on the milk. Seriously… two gallons a day? How? PS taking anything to boost T and such? Also ON protein sucks balls. Please switch to something better! IDS Smart Gainer. Or just take some Metabolic Drive and throw in a banana and sugar.

I’ve dealt a lot with acne. What it came down to is how much protein I was consuming and how acidic I was. And going low carb helps a little too. If you consume a lot of protein (which obviously looks like you do) you need to consume A LOT of alkaline veggies and fruit. This is what literally cured my acne. I was eating a ton of protein but little to no veggies and fruit. Needless to say I’m cured :] ALSO, Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing for acne! Why? Because it makes the body alkaline. Drink up and eat your freakin veggies!

Also… Take digestive enzymes. My favorite is Betaine HCL and Aminogen. You aren’t what you eat, you are what you absorb.

Fish oils/omega-3 fatty acids helped a great deal for me, as well.

Livefromthe781 I’m going to help you not because I like you but because I too hate pimples… EAT SPINACH! Spinach is the best anit-inflammatory food out there, and pimples are inflamations. Go on a spinach binge eat a whole bowl do it for 3 days straight I gurantee you your pimples will go down. Why does Spinach do this? Because it’s the shit thats why! High in Vitamin A and anti-inflamatories. Vitamin A= Accutane’s cousin by the way , what the dermy might give you. Also stay away from masturbating so much.

mmm spinach. it’s power food! maybe that’s why my skin has gotten better recently? i started taking vitamin d because i figure i don’t get enough sun, but i also started eating raw spinach every day. spinach keeps me moving too, if you know what i mean.

How long have you been off the Havoc/Tamoxifen?

[quote]Beershoes wrote:
Also ON protein sucks balls.[/quote]

Please elaborate on why you made this statement?

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
Livefromthe781 I’m going to help you not because I like you but because I too hate pimples… EAT SPINACH! Spinach is the best anit-inflammatory food out there, and pimples are inflamations. Go on a spinach binge eat a whole bowl do it for 3 days straight I gurantee you your pimples will go down. Why does Spinach do this? Because it’s the shit thats why! High in Vitamin A and anti-inflamatories. Vitamin A= Accutane’s cousin by the way , what the dermy might give you. Also stay away from masturbating so much.[/quote]

Again, spinach is a great food to alkalize the body. I put some in the magic bullet with some lemon juice and ACV and drink that a few times a day. Although it sounds disgusting… It’s not all that bad.

Do you eat much peanut butter?

Peanut butter makes me break out. If a jar lasts me two weeks, I’m ok, but if I go through it in a week, I get zits on my shoulders.

I’m just finishing up my cycle…of Accutane. This stuff is the shit and I highly recommend it.

It sucks to have chapped lips for 4 months straight…but it’s extremely effective. It’s the only thing that’s ever really worked for me.