Gainer Shakes and Digestion

Lately I’ve experimented with a couple of different weight gainer shakes, usually yielding 600 - 700 kcal per serving. This week I bought the cheapest one I could find, costing me a bout 40 bucks for 20 shakes. Not bad, right?

WRONG.

In their “Proprietary Blend” of High and Low GI carbs, they neglect to mention what sources these come from. IE Lactose, or milk sugar. For those who aren’t lactose intolerant, this may not be a problem. However, the “Average American” typically is.

My point is, whey protein is just that. Protein. But an unknown amount of maybe lactose in a shake? What the hell? I’ve been having two of these per day, and all of a sudden, WHAM!

Diarrhea, diarrhea, diarrhea everywhere.

Has anyone else had a problem with gainer shakes and digestion? If so, please tell me what kind so i know what NOT to buy.

This review was on Vitamin Shoppe’s Bodytech: Mass Gainer X

This is a Biotest sponsored forum. I would suggest you buy Biotest products. Metabolic Drive complete would be a good choice.

So when people talk about steroids on here, are they Biotest steroids? Most weight gainers are definitely of inferior quality, just trying to pack in tons of calories in one shake. I’d try to find the best, cleanest gainer. I’m going to try Parisi’s Mass-Peak soon. He’s a great strength coach and it is safe for collegiate and hs athletes.

or we could not mortgage our houses to buy m.d.c…

it would be cheaper to just use some sort of protein powder and add in a banana and some pb or some ground oats or whatever else you may want to add for cals.

[quote]Brett295 wrote:
This is a Biotest sponsored forum. I would suggest you buy Biotest products. Metabolic Drive complete would be a good choice. [/quote]

I just said how the aforementioned non-Biotest product gave me the shits. I’m sure Biotest is really upset about that.

Or you could real food and not have to worry about such silly things.

[quote]RICrazyGym wrote:
So when people talk about steroids on here, are they Biotest steroids? Most weight gainers are definitely of inferior quality, just trying to pack in tons of calories in one shake. I’d try to find the best, cleanest gainer. I’m going to try Parisi’s Mass-Peak soon. He’s a great strength coach and it is safe for collegiate and hs athletes. [/quote]

I saw that the other day for some big local promotion, I might give it a try, but im def. doing my research first.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
or we could not mortgage our houses to buy m.d.c…

it would be cheaper to just use some sort of protein powder and add in a banana and some pb or some ground oats or whatever else you may want to add for cals.[/quote]

True, it might be cheaper. Ive been adding natural almond butter to my meal shakes for some extra texture and good fats as of late.

Basically my goal has been to get in all of my carbs in the morning and fats in the PM for insulin sensetivity and glycogen loading purposes.

so I bought a TV from this guy on the street corner and guess what, it broke after only 1 month. I expect more when I buy the cheepest shit I can find.

[quote]elih8er wrote:
Or you could real food and not have to worry about such silly things.[/quote]

Eating a chicken breast pre, peri, and post workout doesn’t satisfy my blood sugar needs. Thanks though.

[quote]Rek wrote:
so I bought a TV from this guy on the street corner and guess what, it broke after only 1 month. I expect more when I buy the cheepest shit I can find.[/quote]

Haha, I know you get what you pay for.

I wasn’t expecting anything amazing when I bought it. Like I said, Ive bought many dif. brands to experiment with. I haven’t had issues with all of them but some I have, including the BodyTech one and some others.