T Nation

Gained Weight, Need Diet Help

Hi guys,

I haven’t worked out in a long time due to an injury and operation. I have put on a whole lot of weight that is…and will kill me soon!

I am 5’10 and weight 224lbs, I have read quite a few articles but I need some direction more into guidance of things too eat and not to eat. But more in the way of meals and not specific individual items.

Basically my diet has taken a hell of a crash course and I need some serious input to correct it.

If anyone can help it, my wife-to-be and I will muchly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

All of these are stupid easy programs a monkey could do.

Green face Diet:

N.O.V Eating Plan
http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

Carb Night Solution: (You may need to know what foods have carbs)
carbnite.com

T-Nations Guide to the Warrior Diet: (Book is online for free also)

OP, there are a TON of diet threads right here on this page.

No one is going to tell you exactly what to eat for each meal. That is called a meal plan and people pay a lot of money to have those designed for them. No one is going to do that for you for free.

Your best bet is to read articles (like was suggested above) or read any one of the thousand diet threads on this forum and then plan out your own meals.

Just pick a diet or start up your own diet plan and get to work. I don’t know what your surgery was but you can probably still do some sort of exercise. For most injuries, being completely sedentary isn’t the only option.

IF you’re that lost, why not invest in a few sessions with a trainer educated in nutrition or an RD that has their own practice or check out www.PrecisionNutrition.com and there Lean Eating program

[quote]Wildman85 wrote:
Hi guys,

I haven’t worked out in a long time due to an injury and operation. I have put on a whole lot of weight that is…and will kill me soon!

I am 5’10 and weight 224lbs, I have read quite a few articles but I need some direction more into guidance of things too eat and not to eat. But more in the way of meals and not specific individual items.

Basically my diet has taken a hell of a crash course and I need some serious input to correct it.

If anyone can help it, my wife-to-be and I will muchly appreciate it! :-)[/quote]

Lots of great healthy recipes to be found here:

Your exercise will benefit you more if you eat as clean as you can. The weight will drop almost effortlessly.

[quote]Wildman85 wrote:
I haven’t worked out in a long time due to an injury and operation.[/quote]
Can you share details?

Are you cleared for any kind of exercise? If you can’t stimulate muscle growth through some kind of exercise (preferably lifting), your body will only change so much.

That Green Faces article JLo linked to is pretty cool.

This is another solid step-by-step guide to getting your nutrition in order:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1114905353200449375

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
That Green Faces article JLo linked to is pretty cool.[/quote]