Gained 9 Pounds in 5 Wks

The Glenn Pendlay Secret article is ABSOLUTELY shocking, natural bbuilders take note!!!

I owe my best gains to the superior training advice and programs here on TNATION without a doubt. Pendlay challenges natural bbuilders(iv been natural for ten years now anyway haa) to break away from the individual bodypart splits and once a week frequency that is so common today into a bigger workout that involves working more muscle per session. 

He talks about the increases in anabolic hormone output his program produces by combining big movements like squats into pressing days and working more of your body at once.Wel hes fuckinA right it does,I changed my split into what he reccomends with the press,squat two days a week and various pulling and deadlifting on the other two days with a lil extra concentrics and oommffg.

5 weeks later im 9 pounds heavier, all lifts up, and noticeably leaner at 37 yrs old and natural but feelin like im assisted again llol!! Absolutely worth the work if u wana do it!!!

Nothing works forever. Glad you found something that is working.

Fascinating. Who knew?

Glad it works for you but I’m slightly confused.

You state you have been natural for 10 years, then that you feel “assisted again”?

Pretty sure if you’ve used it affects the way you gain permanently?

Ya i was using a lil gear a decade ago but none since. I was comparing the gains from the totally new program from Pendlay to my gear gains of a decade ago. Obviously its not quite as much as the gear but was saying that I havnt gained like this naturally ever or performed a program like it. Definately agree that is probably why it is working so well, as it is something my body isnt used to at all!! I was pointing out that Pendlay who did alot of masters level post graduate work on the hormonal response to training was spot on right when he said a natural guy will gain from this setup because of the increased natural anabolic hormones the split produces if worked hard enough. Emperically speaking after using it,Im 37 and noticing acne again,increased vascularity, noticable size and strength increases, and burning fat at the same time. Point is that bbuilders should give Pendlays methods a try and not b afraid to squat and deadlift more often and throw in explosive work to boot cause damn it helps.

Uh, before and after pics or this is useless?

Dont have any before pics as I havnt been photographing myself lol! Pendlays method isnt useless, it produces results in the field much larger in scale than myself… What is useless is having a perspective that makes u not open to trying different programs offered for free on TNATION by the worlds best coaches because u somehow know better:>

No link to said article? I checked pendlay site no info.

[quote]sesumatse wrote:
Dont have any before pics as I havnt been photographing myself lol! Pendlays method isnt useless, it produces results in the field much larger in scale than myself… What is useless is having a perspective that makes u not open to trying different programs offered for free on TNATION by the worlds best coaches because u somehow know better:>
[/quote]

SSC is right happy you found someting that works for you. but no pics or vid no care really.

[quote]sesumatse wrote:
The Glenn Pendlay Secret article is ABSOLUTELY shocking, natural bbuilders take note!!!

I owe my best gains to the superior training advice and programs here on TNATION without a doubt. Pendlay challenges natural bbuilders(iv been natural for ten years now anyway haa) to break away from the individual bodypart splits and once a week frequency that is so common today into a bigger workout that involves working more muscle per session. 

He talks about the increases in anabolic hormone output his program produces by combining big movements like squats into pressing days and working more of your body at once.Wel hes fuckinA right it does,I changed my split into what he reccomends with the press,squat two days a week and various pulling and deadlifting on the other two days with a lil extra concentrics and oommffg.

5 weeks later im 9 pounds heavier, all lifts up, and noticeably leaner at 37 yrs old and natural but feelin like im assisted again llol!! Absolutely worth the work if u wana do it!!![/quote]

I’m very glad to see someone as happy and making progress as you are. Seriously!

However, at 37 and unassisted, you didn’t gain nine pounds of muscle in 5 weeks.

It’s good to change things up here and there, even if one is a hardcore bodybuilder, even one who competes, to get some novelty, a change in stimulus, or just to have some damn fun. But I don’t see how such routines are optimal for long periods of time for the hardcore bodybuilders as there are inherent flaws regarding bodybuilding aims in that they allow for little specialization of each bodypart, stuff trained towards the end doesn’t get a fair shake, and there is little room for enough volume per bodypart else someone likes spending three hours in a gym each time (if they can even make it through a workout that length).

Not every bodybuilder trains stuff once per week.

Not every bodybuilder trains one muscle group at a shot. Most train two or three at a session.

99% of elite bodybuilders use splits.

Changes in hormone levels from exercise are transient and insignificant.

Yup I agree, the need to change the program is the most important thing! Pretty happy with the results and I was really wanting to basically say that bbuilders shouldnt be afraid of overtraining and trying something new and very different.

I have yet to find a program that worked forever and thinking about going to a westside speed day/max day bi weekly split as I am really enjoying the lower rep,explosive,and more athletic type training lately. Really wanted to share the points Pendlay makes about how lifters get stuck cause they train at only one speed and how much the explosive speed work has helped.

I was making the mistake of trying to gain on too strict of a diet and gains really went nuts when I started training like a football player,running sprints, and eating more quality food and am actually leaner and heavier. I do agree tho that specialized work and splits are the moneypot in hypertrophy gains over the long term.

Coach Poliquin points out in his article lactic acid training for fat loss that the growth hormone release from low rest period weight training can be as high as 9 times the levels that pro bbuilders artificially inject.His 6-12-25 program certainly works well for a natural trainee!

For sure, hormone levels determine body composition to a great degree, was great learning how to do it from a few great coaches!

To bump another great coach on here, Thibadeaus HSS100 really worked well for me also. Has anyone tried his 6 weeks to superhero program using the star complexes, it looks pretty interesting as it mixes many movement types and speeds for the targeted bpdyparts and the upper/lower split is similar to what im doing already.

I also admit I have been a gymrat for 5 weeks going twice a day many days and doing a 45 min wkt the first session and a 30 min the second to really hit it fresh and killing my squats and deads,my legs do not look like the same persons lol.Poliquin reccomends this for advanced trainees who need a hypertrophy boost and I gotta bump him too on that.

I really notice an improvement as a natural keeping my workouts under an hour and splitting the larger volume days over two sessions.

Im all about saying what works best so if anyone wants to throw their very favorite pet program on here at me Im all ears...Didnt come to brag or flame just jacked outa my mind and ready to train after healing up all my injuries and back to training at 100 percent finally after 2 hard long injured years and losing 35 lbs of muscle, gained about 20 of it back so far!

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

However, at 37 and unassisted, you didn’t gain nine pounds of muscle in 5 weeks.
[/quote]

Don’t think I agree with you. Obviously it can’t be a sustained jump that keeps happening, but it is IMO very possible for that to happen. One of my clients is a 50 year old doc. I have been training him for about 8 months, and he just jumped 7 pounds in 3 weeks with no significant increase in waist measurement and a very visible difference in legs and back as well.

Again, it’s not something I think is sustainable, but it’s not water weight (we’ve already tested that hypothesis), and it’s definitely not fat. If anything, he’s leaner now than before. Clearly I don’t believe that it’s 7 lbs of “stage weight” but I don’t think I have to make that distinction for the purposes of this thread…

Incidentally he squats, benches and deadlifts 3x a week.