Gained 34 lbs Muscle in 4 Weeks

Looking through the blog of Tim Ferriss I came across this:

Think it’s legit?

Tim Ferriss:
“I’ve put friends even vegetarians on this program, who have gained 10-20 lbs. in four weeks despite consuming insufficient calories”

Apparently he can also defy the laws of the universe!

Bullshit.

That would be outrageous even with heavy steroid use.

He is a massive bullshitter but there are plenty of gullible people that send him money so he only has to work a few hours a week.

No it’s not legit.

Anyone with half a brain should see it’s too good to be true.

Yeah… right.

What fat burner/crash diet is he marketing again?

He doesn’t market any such thing. He sells a product called Bodyquick, which is a mental/neural performance-related “focus” type of product, along the lines of Spike or Power Drive.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Yeah… right.

What fat burner/crash diet is he marketing again?[/quote]

[quote]Ramone wrote:

Think it’s legit?

[/quote]

You’re not very bright, are you?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Ramone wrote:

Think it’s legit?

You’re not very bright, are you?[/quote]

Why am I not very bright? Maybe you thought that “is this legit” implied that I believe these results. Maybe a better choice of words would have been, What is everyone’s opinion of this?

I found the link to “The Colorado Experiment” to be interesting, anyone ever tried it?

[quote]ajax11 wrote:
I found the link to “The Colorado Experiment” to be interesting, anyone ever tried it?

The Colorado Experiment, Casey Viator's Workout, Arthur Jones Nautilus Bulletin 1 2 3 [/quote]

Not that I’d call complete BS or anything but it appears to be an experiment in creative photography as much as anything.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it’s the same guy 4 weeks apart but while there’s improvement note: 1) everything including his waist, ankles, and head are about 10% wider in the “after” photo;

1. in the “before” photo he has rolled his shoulders forward while in the “after” he has rolled them back to widen the appearance of his back;

2. his hands are rotated such that the biceps aren’t seen on the edge of his arms in the “before” photo while he slightly rotated his hands in the “after” such that his biceps are a bit visible which lends a lot of apparent thickness to his arms;

3. he’s fairly muscular in the “before” photo as well but he’s lit from directly behind the camera so there are no shadows to highlight his musculature while in the “after” photo he’s lit from the side in order to highlight his muscles;

4. the “after” photo features a bunch more contrast (see e.g., the birthmark on his right shoulder) which also highlights the muscles more as compared to the lighter “before” photo;

5. either his hair grows pretty fast or his neck got shorter; etc.

He is a bit leaner in the “after” photo but then it’s certainly believable that he could lean out a bit in a 4-week span, no?

[quote]BackForMore wrote:
ajax11 wrote:

[/quote]

Fucking bollocks.

[quote]ajax11 wrote:

[/quote]

Casey Viator [the subject]

‘The study was a lesson in muscle memory…’

http://www.i-a-r-t.com/articles/viatorinterview.html

Although I’m pretty sure Arthur Jones tried to pass it off as new muscle.

[quote]Ramone wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Ramone wrote:

Think it’s legit?

You’re not very bright, are you?

Why am I not very bright? Maybe you thought that “is this legit” implied that I believe these results. Maybe a better choice of words would have been, What is everyone’s opinion of this?
[/quote]

Definitely would have been a better choice of words. Is this legit made it seem like you might have believed it.

[quote]A-Dog wrote:
BackForMore wrote:
ajax11 wrote:

Fucking bollocks.[/quote]

Actually it is more to do with muscle memory you will find.

[quote]will to power wrote:
ajax11 wrote:

Although I’m pretty sure Arthur Jones tried to pass it off as new muscle.[/quote]

I believe Casey was also compensated based on the weight/muscle “gained”, so do you think maybe he underate beforehand? Nah…it would be dishonest to not disclose that little tidbit of detail and this was “science”.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
will to power wrote:
ajax11 wrote:

Although I’m pretty sure Arthur Jones tried to pass it off as new muscle.

I believe Casey was also compensated based on the weight/muscle “gained”, so do you think maybe he underate beforehand? Nah…it would be dishonest to not disclose that little tidbit of detail and this was “science”.[/quote]

I think beforehand he lost it due to disease, I’m not sure that’s just what I remember reading.