Gained 20 Pounds in 3 Months

Recently I adjusted my diet and lifting routine and have been on this new “plan” i guess you can call it
for the past 3 months and I have gained
20 pounds and one 1% body fat. I started
taking creatine when I started the plan so
I know a few pounds is water weight obviously
theres some fat but how much muscle could
it possibly be.

My diet before was very poor and only 2,000 kcal
and i was still seeing some gains.

Its now around 4500 a day and my strength gain is rediculous and my size is more impressive
but still theres no way i gained 15 pounds of pure muscle
in 3 months.

What do you all think?

No i’m not on AAS or anything either

Sounds like you were a beginner and you made newb gains.

The before and after pics should be good if you gained 20 pounds of muscle

No, I think 15 lbs of muscle is possible in 3 months for a beginner for sure. I did it when I started. It’s just a matter of how active you really were before you started lifting. I was scrawny as hell before I started lifting, so gaining 15 lbs of muscle was really easy.

Beginner.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Sounds like you were a beginner and you made newb gains.[/quote]

rofl

newbie gains… once i actually started eating i went from 155-175 in 3 months

From Nov 07 to Feb 08 Gained 15lbs of muscle and lost 6lbs of fat… of course I’m a beginner :slight_smile: Hadn’t weight lifted in years so the body loves me!

I have been lifting fairly consistently for the last three years, but in the last 6 months I have gained 20 pounds and lost 3% bf. For me, i think its the first time that I have gotten enough protein.

Also, i tried meltdown training for 4 weeks and gained 10 pounds while losing 1% bf it was definately the most impressive 4 weeks of my life. My roommate also works out with me and gained 8 pounds and no bf change in 3 weeks. We are both all natural also. Anyone else ever heard of gains like this for non noobs?

Mind_Freak what was your cardio like?

Legacyfighter: which meltdown training did you do, and what did your diet and training look like prior to those four weeks (and diet during). I tried meltdown 1 once before with some fat loss, but not as staggering improvements as I had hoped, though I was pretty lean before it. - I just didn’t feel it was heavy enough to have much of a body comp effect… did you do meltdown 2 or 3?

[quote]IMCS614 wrote:
Legacyfighter: which meltdown training did you do, and what did your diet and training look like prior to those four weeks (and diet during). I tried meltdown 1 once before with some fat loss, but not as staggering improvements as I had hoped, though I was pretty lean before it. - I just didn’t feel it was heavy enough to have much of a body comp effect… did you do meltdown 2 or 3?[/quote]

I did meltdown 1 actually, before I did it though diet was pretty poor, i’m at college so its hard to eat right, but during meltdown i cut out desserts and ate clean as much as i could, upped my protein intake by about 80-100 grams per day, i also added BCAA’s for the first time and fish oils and CLA, but nothing major. I think alot of it had to do with it being the first time i have squatted or deadlifted since i had knee surgery.

[quote]bmitch wrote:
post some pics… I’d be interested to see 'em[/quote]

Wish i had before and afters, but i dont have a camera, and i didnt expect a change that drastic. I gained pretty much all my weight in the posterior chain, hams, glutes, lower and upper back. so basically just look alot thicker from the side. Only thing that would have been really noticeable would have been my ab definition starting to pop and i can now see my seratus muscles

pics are nice.

[quote]legacyfighter wrote:
bmitch wrote:
post some pics… I’d be interested to see 'em

Wish i had before and afters, but i dont have a camera, and i didnt expect a change that drastic. I gained pretty much all my weight in the posterior chain, hams, glutes, lower and upper back. so basically just look alot thicker from the side. Only thing that would have been really noticeable would have been my ab definition starting to pop and i can now see my seratus muscles[/quote]

Amazing how all the people we want to post pics never have a camera. But plenty of unimpressive idiots on the other forum do. Weird.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
legacyfighter wrote:
bmitch wrote:
post some pics… I’d be interested to see 'em

Wish i had before and afters, but i dont have a camera, and i didnt expect a change that drastic. I gained pretty much all my weight in the posterior chain, hams, glutes, lower and upper back. so basically just look alot thicker from the side. Only thing that would have been really noticeable would have been my ab definition starting to pop and i can now see my seratus muscles

Amazing how all the people we want to post pics never have a camera. But plenty of unimpressive idiots on the other forum do. Weird.

[/quote]

Yes very weird…sound newbies or roids all over the place …

ive gained 20lbs in two months
foreal though whats with all the haterism

[quote]mingledorff7 wrote:
Mind_Freak what was your cardio like?[/quote]

Wel i was doing morning HIIT but I switched my
workout up and now i do about 20 min. after i lift.
and i lift one body part a day and the whole lift
takes no longer then an hour.

and the switch i made was going from 2000 kcal
about 3 months ago, and now i’v doing about 4500
but only went up 1% body fat.
and The only thing im a Newb at is the nutrition,
Iv been lifting for years and played football my
whole life.

Also i can get pictures from now but i dont have any before
which is lame, i know.

[quote]Amazing how all the people we want to post pics never have a camera. But plenty of unimpressive idiots on the other forum do. Weird.

[/quote]

I love how everyone expects others to have access to things like cameras or even computers. I am poor trying to pay my way through college, cant afford a camera. The computer i am using is the one in the lab at school. Good to know that everyone who is poor are automatically liars. The picture of me in my profile is one i found on the internet, at 160 pounds, how is that for a before?

hey legacyfighter do you happen to go to college at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville? I noticed your from TN so was just curious.