Gain 34lbs of Muscle in 28 Days?

So apparently this guy believes he did just that:

geek-to-freak-how-i-gained-34-lbs-of-muscle-in-4-weeks/

Your thoughts?

He was obviously using acai berry.

Old. I’m looking forward to reading his new book though, where he goes into more detail and about a lot of other things.

This is quite old sir. There have been at least two topics that I can remember on this very topic.

IIRC if you look at his befores, he looked like a malnourished political prisoner, so 34 lb doesn’t sound too crazy.

/logic

Guyz we should contact him. He was obviously on the creatinez for those 28 days! We gotta tell him that his kidneys are gonna fail!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Your thoughts?[/quote]

Great, new topic. Maybe you should use a search function and just bring up the 100 other threads about this guy.

If you don’t think 34 pounds is possible in 28 days with a beginner, you sure haven’t been around freshman wrestlers. I’ve seen wrestlers blow up 20-40 pounds after wrestling season if they just eat properly and lift weights because of the drastic drop in cardio.

Warning bells started going off right about here - “Oh, and I forgot to mention, all of this was done with two 30-minute workouts per week, for a total of 4 HOURS of gym time”. (That’s per month).

The before and after shots were taken on the very same day. Getting a pump, shaving, tanning and this time actually flexing made “34 lbs” difference.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
He was obviously using acai berry.[/quote]

Stole the words right out of my mouth you asshole.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
The before and after shots were taken on the very same day. Getting a pump, shaving, tanning and this time actually flexing made “34 lbs” difference.[/quote]

lol

‘arther-jones principles’ waves a massive red flag- muscle memory anyone?

I don’t believe it.

Let’s extrapolate and say he continued for another month…then he’d be up 68lbs right? Then maybe he can go another 2 weeks, just for shits and giggles, so now he’s up 85lbs?

Naw.

Future Olympia competitor.

Oh, wait… he’s natty.

Never mind.

Everything on his blog is vague enough in detail and outrageous enough in claims to draw just about every gullible person in.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Everything on his blog is vague enough in detail and outrageous enough in claims to draw just about every gullible person in.[/quote]
Sounds awesome. What’s the link!?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
The before and after shots were taken on the very same day. Getting a pump, shaving, tanning and this time actually flexing made “34 lbs” difference.[/quote]

lol
[/quote]

and the after pictures are larger… anyone notice that? Apparently he grew 4-6 inches in that one month of training

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Oh, wait… he’s natty.

Never mind.[/quote]

Wait, whats your definition of a “natty”? I heard theres like 3 or 4 different definitions…

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Oh, wait… he’s natty.

Never mind.[/quote]

Wait, whats your definition of a “natty”? I heard theres like 3 or 4 different definitions…[/quote]

Any of these are techinically “natty”

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Oh, wait… he’s natty.

Never mind.[/quote]

Wait, whats your definition of a “natty”? I heard theres like 3 or 4 different definitions…[/quote]

If you don’t have any bionic limbs or wiener, you’re good.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Your thoughts?[/quote]

Great, new topic. Maybe you should use a search function and just bring up the 100 other threads about this guy.

If you don’t think 34 pounds is possible in 28 days with a beginner, you sure haven’t been around freshman wrestlers. I’ve seen wrestlers blow up 20-40 pounds after wrestling season if they just eat properly and lift weights because of the drastic drop in cardio.[/quote]
Quite unbelievable, Wrestling is the toughest cardio.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I don’t believe it.

Let’s extrapolate and say he continued for another month…then he’d be up 68lbs right? Then maybe he can go another 2 weeks, just for shits and giggles, so now he’s up 85lbs?

Naw.[/quote]

Attributing the rate to beginner gains, to support that rate of growth we’ll way overgeneralize and assume a pound of bodymass is 3500 calories. Assuming he needs 3000 calories to support his frame/level of hulkish exorcise, he had to have taken in 6500 kcal every day. For a tiny weakling… that’d be impressive. I have a hard time with anything over 4500 kcal