GABA and Glycine Questions

1. Is supplemental GABA useful for neural recovery, reducing anxiety, improving sleep, reducing cortisol. If so, when and how much?

2. Have you ever known of people who actually benefit from Glycine right BEFORE training like people who get overexcited or even scatterbrained in training like training ADD?

And I’ll throw in a neurotype questionnaire question here too. I took the neurotype test twice and got 3 and 1a but am 95% sure I’m 2a. Let’s say that I am answering the question of whether I like to jump, well I am actually scared of jumping, getting hurt or embarrassing myself but I would also LIKE to be able to jump confidently. I even dream about jumping, and when I build confidence I like it as long as I am in control. There are other questions like that, and I can answer them one way or another which totally changes my score. How should I answer a question like that, something that scares me but that I wish I could do with confidence?

1 Like

I just started a thread about phenibut and strength levels. My neural output usually seems higher the day after taking it. I have not tried supplemental GABA.

Phenibut is likely more effective than GABA itself since the later doesn’t cross the blood-brain barrier that well while phenibut will lead to an increase in GABA production, which bypasses the problem.

As for your neurotype. 1A and 3 actually have a lot in common neurologically. Both have slow COMT and are undermethylators which leads to an adrenaline level that is always high because the body doesn’t degrade it well, as well as low acetylcholine and serotonin because of the poor methylation.

The main difference is in their glutamic acid decarboxylaze enzyme. 1A have a fast/efficient GAD which means that they “over” convert glutamate into GABA while Type 3 have slow/inefficient GAD meaning that they keep glutamate high and GABA low.

1A and 3 are two sides of the same coin. 1A externalize their stress by trying to control (boss around) others and act aggressively whereas 3 internalize their stress making them a lot more OCD and focused on self-control.

Is there anywhere I can learn more about this information, like the neurochemistry parts? Is that what your neurotype course teaches?

Long or low acetylcholine and serotonin? Sorry I can just see it both ways.

low, sorry

Thx !

How does Phenibut increase GABA production? I always read it was just a mimetic. Because that would be even better!

Is it possible for [quote=“Christian_Thibaudeau, post:3, topic:261793”]
As for your neurotype. 1A and 3 actually have a lot in common neurologically. Both have slow COMT and are undermethylators which leads to an adrenaline level that is always high because the body doesn’t degrade it well, as well as low acetylcholine and serotonin because of the poor methylation.
[/quote]

I scored between 55-65 on all types except 1B where I was at 30, but I still don’t know about how to answer questions about things like jumping, where I generally am hesitant to do something where I am less in control, or that may risk an injury, or embarrassment in public, but I would love to be ABLE to confidently do in public. For another example, I used to have panic attacks before public speaking with hyperventilation, but after speaking to groups multiple times a day for several weeks I appeared to be a dynamic speaker and people thought I was an extrovert-still I ended up mentally tired by the end of the day, or a week. I have one more test purchased already but didn’t want to take it until I get some kind of idea on how to answer questions about those things that I dreaded, or caused anxiety, but where I enjoyed after gaining competence, or things that I would LIKE to do competently, but would avoid if not feeling completely confident.