G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I would rather have seen some one like Guillermo Del Toro take this on. Yet with that being so booked and I imagine he wouldn’t have touched this movie anyways. Seems from the trailer to they tried to fuckin’ hard. Seems like it’s just going to be another overly CGI loaded film that will be “ok”, but forgotten as quickly as it came. [/quote]

Replace Guillermo Del Toro with Zack Snyder. It would’ve been accurate AND completely kick ass. Unfortunately it would never happen because Snyder only does “R” movies.

Anyways, I may go see it, just to watch Snake Eyes fight. Otherwise, I am sad Recondo isn’t in this film.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Cobra Commander also had that alternate, blue hood he’d wear sometimes instead of the metal mask. They could take that road too if they wanted and not F it up entirely.[/quote]

Or they could go the route of the cartoon movie and just use a huge talking snake to play him.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Cobra Commander also had that alternate, blue hood he’d wear sometimes instead of the metal mask. They could take that road too if they wanted and not F it up entirely.[/quote]

Yea, I can see that.

Ray Park as Snake Eyes.

Have Tarantino do it and it would have been bloody the way I like it. I am going to see this movie, and if you didn’t like the cartoon I think you need your head examined. You can watch old episodes on Youtube, and I was reminded of how well done this cartoon was. While the graphics might not be up to par with today’s technology, the story line and plot were fantastic. I saw the M.A.S.S. Device episodes and thought wow, this is good even for today’s standards.

I look forward to the battle between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, I hope they actually go into how Snake Eyes ended up the way he did. They also got Ray Park (Darth Maul) to play him, which is great because he can pull of the stunts, gymnastics, and martial arts better than most people. I think the cast could have been better selected though, Channing Tatum is not what I would call convincingly tough. I would have liked to see Destro as Michael Clarke Duncan or similar. Cobra Commander should have been someone older, and not this pussy they cast to play him. I don’t think he even shaves yet. I will report back after I see it.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
… Cobra Commander should have been someone older, and not this pussy they cast to play him. I don’t think he even shaves yet. I will report back after I see it. [/quote]

As long as the director and editor let him do his thing, you’ll be suprised at how good he is. Remember, there were more than a few critics about casting Heath Ledger as the Joker. Joseph Gordon Leavitt is close to that level.

Yah the commercials don’t make the movie look too promising, but maybe I will love it because my expectations will be way down…

I was first disappointed by seeing the posters with Marlin Wayans and that dancing dude…I like Dennis Quade though. Marlin Wayans always plays goofballs…I’m sure he will add some funny moments to the movie.

I heard that they were going to have that guy from that seventies show “toffer grace”? play cobra commander.

Let’s cross our fingers that they don’t ruin our fav cartoon.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Sideshow wrote:
Ray Park as Snake Eyes.[/quote]

They want him as Iron Fist also and he has agreed to that role. He will also be in the 4th season of Heroes.

It looks like his career is really taking off.

Iron Fist has been “In Development” for like 3 years now.

Don’t think we will see it.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Iron Fist has been “In Development” for like 3 years now.

Don’t think we will see it.[/quote]

I think the success of the movies has much to do with that…plus the fact that Luke Cage was also scheduled. With Iron Man now bringing all of these guys together, they can’t just make individual movies with no hope of cross over…and Luke Cage goes with Iron Fist like babies and pacifiers.

Wait a minute… I thought YOU were Luke Cage?

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Wait a minute… I thought YOU were Luke Cage?[/quote]

I am. They are getting some guy named Tyrese to play me.

lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Therizza wrote:

I am. They are getting some guy named Tyrese to play me.[/quote]

Lol

That’s a shame. I think Tyson Beckford is a better match for you

This guy at my work and I were talking about it today, we both think it’s going to blow donkey dick, but he’s going to give it a shot anyway. Me, I’m boycotting this movie by not going to see it. Hollywood won’t get my 6 bucks this weekend - NO SIR! :slight_smile: From the trailer this movie looks fucking stupid, especially little Marlon Wayans going “WHOOOOOOOO!” Anything with a guy going “WHOOOOOOOOO!” fucking sucks donkey balls. Go ahead and try it, scream out WHOOOOOOOOO! and see if it doesn’t make whatever you are doing really, really lame.

I’ll wait for the dvd rental at the Redbox so I’ll only be out a buck.

And Hollywood needs to start comimg up with some original ideas. 90% of the movies being released for the past 8 or so months have sucked filthy goat balls.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Therizza wrote:

I am. They are getting some guy named Tyrese to play me.[/quote]

The ball rolling on that at all ? I remember hearing about the casting for that like 2 years ago, right around the time Transformers 1 came out.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
This guy at my work and I were talking about it today, we both think it’s going to blow donkey dick, but he’s going to give it a shot anyway. Me, I’m boycotting this movie by not going to see it. Hollywood won’t get my 6 bucks this weekend - NO SIR! :slight_smile: From the trailer this movie looks fucking stupid, especially little Marlon Wayans going “WHOOOOOOOO!” Anything with a guy going “WHOOOOOOOOO!” fucking sucks donkey balls. Go ahead and try it, scream out WHOOOOOOOOO! and see if it doesn’t make whatever you are doing really, really lame.

I’ll wait for the dvd rental at the Redbox so I’ll only be out a buck.

And Hollywood needs to start comimg up with some original ideas. 90% of the movies being released for the past 8 or so months have sucked filthy goat balls.[/quote]

Imagine how many movies you wouldn’t go see if you had to pay a normal price to see a movie, like $12.50

Im afraid this movie is going to suck… We shall see though. Im not happy that Destro does not have a metal face that is one of the things I like about him plus wasnt he black?

In the UK they called it Action Man because british kids didnt know what the hell a GI was. I, however, never got into that cartoon for some reason. I was more of a MASK/Wheel Warriors/Ulysses kind of kid. Ooh ooh, Centurians … and Visionaries … I hate you guys. Now I have to go watch them all over again.

… and Stingray was way better than Thunderbirds.

Special mention goes to Captain Scarlet, and the horror that was Terrorhawks (seriously, that show gave me nightmares).