T Nation

G-Flux, SS, NROL: Help Putting It Together

Hi!

I recently ordered an E-book called “Fat Loss Troubleshoot” by Leigh Peele…

www.fatlosstroubleshoot.com/index3.html

As I wanted to reduce my body fat down from 23%…

I’m 35, 6’3", 218 pounds…

And so I started measuring my food, eating clean, paying attention to good pre and post workout nutrition, drinking about 4L of water a day, and eating at a 500 cal daily deficit (2600 cals, according to the Harris Benedict Equation + activity modifier [x 1.4])…

So after 3 weeks I’ve lost 12 pounds (I was at 230)…

Training-wise, I’d been following the Starting Strength program, by Mark Rippentoe…

*** A ***

SQUAT
BENCH
CHIN UPS
FRONT AND SIDE PLANKS
CRUNCHES

*** B ***

DEADLIFTS
SPLIT SQUATS
BOSU PUSH UPS
FACE PULLS

*** C ***

SQUATS
MILITARY PRESS
SINGLE ARM ROWS

And have been getting good strength gains, though I’m stalled on the chin-ups and benches…

For cardio I have just been doing 3 mile walks on my off days, so as not to compromise recovery…

NOW I read this book called “The New Rules of Lifting” by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove, and I’m wondering if I should indeed start eating at maintenance at the very least, after he mentions this concept of G flux…

Especially after reading the article on G-Flux on T Nation:

and here:

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2007/04/gflux_part_3_the_conclusion_ex.php,

And ditch the Starting Strength program for the fat loss and hypertrophy programs in this book “The New Rules of Lifting” …

I’ve also ordered “Maximum Strength” by Eric Cressey.

But to finally get to my point, I am very much interested in this concept of G-flux…

What would be the best way to learn the mechanics of this system, find out exactly how much I should be eating and excersizing according to my body stats…

Do I order the “Precision Nutrition System”?

www.precisionnutrition.com/products/system

Please give me your unbiased opinion on how best to go about ALL of this!!

Thanks!!!

Pick something, one thing, and do it. Don’t overcomplicate too much.

Hmmm?

So, I should keep doing something potentially wrong (lifting while eating at a deficit), rather than get advice/consensus on what direction I should take?