T Nation

G-Flux, SS, NROL: Help Putting It Together

Hi!

I recently ordered an E-book called "Fat Loss Troubleshoot" by Leigh Peele..

www.fatlosstroubleshoot.com/index3.html

As I wanted to reduce my body fat down from 23%..

I'm 35, 6'3", 218 pounds..

And so I started measuring my food, eating clean, paying attention to good pre and post workout nutrition, drinking about 4L of water a day, and eating at a 500 cal daily deficit (2600 cals, according to the Harris Benedict Equation + activity modifier [x 1.4])..

So after 3 weeks I've lost 12 pounds (I was at 230)..

Training-wise, I'd been following the Starting Strength program, by Mark Rippentoe..

*** A ***

SQUAT
BENCH
CHIN UPS
FRONT AND SIDE PLANKS
CRUNCHES

*** B ***

DEADLIFTS
SPLIT SQUATS
BOSU PUSH UPS
FACE PULLS

*** C ***

SQUATS
MILITARY PRESS
SINGLE ARM ROWS

And have been getting good strength gains, though I'm stalled on the chin-ups and benches..

For cardio I have just been doing 3 mile walks on my off days, so as not to compromise recovery..

NOW I read this book called "The New Rules of Lifting" by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove, and I'm wondering if I should indeed start eating at maintenance at the very least, after he mentions this concept of G flux..

Especially after reading the article on G-Flux on T Nation:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/gflux_building_the_ultimate_body

and here:

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2007/04/gflux_part_3_the_conclusion_ex.php,

And ditch the Starting Strength program for the fat loss and hypertrophy programs in this book "The New Rules of Lifting" ..

I've also ordered "Maximum Strength" by Eric Cressey.

But to finally get to my point, I am very much interested in this concept of G-flux..

What would be the best way to learn the mechanics of this system, find out exactly how much I should be eating and excersizing according to my body stats..

Do I order the "Precision Nutrition System"?

www.precisionnutrition.com/products/system

Please give me your unbiased opinion on how best to go about ALL of this!!

Thanks!!!!

Pick something, one thing, and do it. Don't overcomplicate too much.

Hmmm?

So, I should keep doing something potentially wrong (lifting while eating at a deficit), rather than get advice/consensus on what direction I should take?