G-Bay

Alright, well, I’ve just done a huge project on it for one of my classes, and I did just see Harol and Kumar (which holds less prevalence,) but I have to ask, what do people think about Guantanamo Bay? Not only that, but things like waterboarding (which was banned by America because that’s what the Japanese did to us in the 40’s.)

I’m personally against anything related to or concerning G-Bay in the least bit. I’m just not sure what happened to the Writ of Habeas Corpus or the Geneva Conventions in general. Most of the people in GB haven’t even been accused of anything in general, but because they’ve lost their citizenships and been accused of terrorism, no country can take them back. It’s just rediculous, and something that NEEDS to be addressed with our next ‘president.’

If what you say about it is true, i am against it too. i personally dont know much of anything about guantanamo except the basic stuff i know just through cultural osmosis. it does seem like we dont care too much about the geneva convention, or our own constitution for that matter. if either prevents a president from doing something he wants to do, he will get it overruled or changed, or flat out ignored.

Habeas corpus does not apply to foreign enemies captured on a foreign battle field and the GC does not apply to non-signatories.

During WWII would you have tried every captured enemy in a court of law?

Here’s John Ashcroft blumbering something about it in a recent video in Knox College.

Apparently, pouring water in the mouth of a person in a recline position does not equate forcing water into his/her lungs. The man literally denies gravity.

Anyway, the Naval Base in Guantanamo is considered by some to be an illegal occupation by the Cuban government. Here’s one good piece on the subject:

As for the infamous detention camp in the base, it’ll be history in a few months. Last I checked, the “viable” presidential candidates have all expressed outrage at the situation.

With so many thugs and tyrants in Washington’s pocket, one wonders why they don’t send people to get tortured in their prisons. Oh, wait…

It’ll be interesting to see how they soldier on without Brett Favre.

Obviously there needs to be some process for weeding out people who were detained under false charges or mistaken identity, and there should be some oversight by the judicial branch of the government, instead of leaving those powers to the executive. But the notion that we should just shut it down and release everyone is insane.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Obviously there needs to be some process for weeding out people who were detained under false charges or mistaken identity, [/quote]

Obviously? Tell that to Dubya!

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
It’ll be interesting to see how they soldier on without Brett Favre.[/quote]

GBay? It’s like Ebay except you bid on a gangstas.

Use the search function. This topic was done to death a couple years ago.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

GBay? It’s like Ebay except you bid on a gangstas.[/quote]

Do you bid on electrons on eBay?

[quote]lixy wrote:
dk44 wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

GBay? It’s like Ebay except you bid on a gangstas.

Do you bid on electrons on eBay?[/quote]

Personally, No. I normally only bid on cool stuff like Boondocks t-shirts and posters to give to my friends, you know what that means Lixy Poo? If you start being nice to me…

[quote]lixy wrote:

Apparently, pouring water in the mouth of a person in a recline position does not equate forcing water into his/her lungs. The man literally denies gravity.

[/quote]

Who the hell is doing that? (This is not what they do in waterboarding.)