T Nation

FYI UK Members - Grass Fed Beef

Anyone in the UK may be interested to check out this site ( http://www.deerviewfarmshop.co.uk ) for their meat. I got an order through yesterday and can confirm the quality is top notch.

Awesome

great, just what ive been looking for, thanks!

Hijack: Are there any ag types from the UK that can tell me why they’re so concerned with silage effluent across the pond? It seems like I see it mentioned in a lot more literature from England than I ever hear it mentioned here.

Thanks for the link!

Sorry for the Hijack!

Here’s some more for you guys, there’s also a good one for Bison and Elk in there, all Organic Grass fed meats.

It includes farms in Scotland and Wales as well as England.

http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/meat/index.shtml

LR

This looks great. Pity I live in a pissant little studio flat with no rom for a freezer.

[quote]conorh wrote:
Hijack: Are there any ag types from the UK that can tell me why they’re so concerned with silage effluent across the pond? It seems like I see it mentioned in a lot more literature from England than I ever hear it mentioned here.[/quote]

What do you wanna know mate? What have you heard? It gets into the watercourse quite easily over here with it raining so much and there being a widespread network of ditches, small streams and rivers and everything being so close together. It just takes a bit of managing not a big deal though.

Hijack: Can anyone here get Biotest products delivered to the Uk?

[quote]HeavyweightH wrote:
conorh wrote:
Hijack: Are there any ag types from the UK that can tell me why they’re so concerned with silage effluent across the pond? It seems like I see it mentioned in a lot more literature from England than I ever hear it mentioned here.

What do you wanna know mate? What have you heard? It gets into the watercourse quite easily over here with it raining so much and there being a widespread network of ditches, small streams and rivers and everything being so close together. It just takes a bit of managing not a big deal though.[/quote]

It’s just not a concern I hear about as often over here, I only ever here about managing manure. I’ve only ever heard of managing silage effluent in the context of it being corrosive to equipment. I thought I heard y’all use open stacks to make silage, which would obviously offer less containment of seepage.

I figured there must be some management, weather or topography differences over there.

Open stack? What do you mean by that? All ours is made in a clamp and the majority around us. Also grass over here has a high moisture content which causes quite a lot of seepage.

[quote]HeavyweightH wrote:
Open stack? What do you mean by that? All ours is made in a clamp and the majority around us. Also grass over here has a high moisture content which causes quite a lot of seepage. [/quote]

For some reason I had it in my head that you guys made silage by making a large hay stack, essentially like putting up wet hay in an anachronistic fashion. I had to google clamp. That’s what we would call a bunker silo.

Learning about other cultures is fun.

[quote]blaque.ops wrote:
Hijack: Can anyone here get Biotest products delivered to the Uk?[/quote]

Peformance Foods are the UK distributor and now have Metabolic Drive and Surge back in stock, as well as L-Leucine/BCAA’s/Flameout/Alpha Male/TRIBEX/Spike/Power Drive. Basically everything except HRX for some reason!

Bodyactive and Affordable Supplements carry HRX though.

Just have to look a bit harder for Biotest stuff in the UK.

What a RIP OFF, your better off ordering from Biotest direct and paing the tax on import.

LR

Thats what I thought, until I did a little bit of research on it. Unless you have a license to do so, you can’t import dairy products, which is the category that whey powders and stuff like that come into. I was about to import enough stuff to V-Diet! Would have been mighty pissed off if that got destroyed!

Same with L-Leucine, SWF, Superfood, BCAA, etc. If you get a clued up customs officer, who will know what you’ve ordered, then you’ll get the items mentioned above. If your unlucky, they incinerate.

If a parcel turns up, they open it, are clueless and its “Whey Protien” chances are they will look on the list, see that its dairy and just incinerate the whole lot. Unless you have a license or, interestingly enough, are a vetenarian.

Stuff like TRIBEX/Alpha Male/HRX is fine IIRC from talking to a guy down the gym who is a customs officer. (I’m from Folkestone, so we have the Chunnel and the Port of Dover, is 8 miles away). But again, if its in a shipment of dairy based protein, then off to the incinerator!

Another interesting aside, that he found out last week, that a certain amount of DECA is legal to bring into the country, providing it’s for personal use. I think D-Bol is in the same category.

[quote]sidewalkdances wrote:
Thats what I thought, until I did a little bit of research on it. Unless you have a license to do so, you can’t import dairy products, which is the category that whey powders and stuff like that come into. I was about to import enough stuff to V-Diet! Would have been mighty pissed off if that got destroyed!

Same with L-Leucine, SWF, Superfood, BCAA, etc. If you get a clued up customs officer, who will know what you’ve ordered, then you’ll get the items mentioned above. If your unlucky, they incinerate.

If a parcel turns up, they open it, are clueless and its “Whey Protien” chances are they will look on the list, see that its dairy and just incinerate the whole lot. Unless you have a license or, interestingly enough, are a vetenarian.

Stuff like TRIBEX/Alpha Male/HRX is fine IIRC from talking to a guy down the gym who is a customs officer. (I’m from Folkestone, so we have the Chunnel and the Port of Dover, is 8 miles away). But again, if its in a shipment of dairy based protein, then off to the incinerator!

Another interesting aside, that he found out last week, that a certain amount of DECA is legal to bring into the country, providing it’s for personal use. I think D-Bol is in the same category.[/quote]

I believe most steroids are legal for personal use.

OTOH, I have yet to see someone on here complain about their Biotest order getting seized/destroyed. I think you may be slightly cynical or misinformed - I’ve placed about 4 or 5 orders and have had no problems. I know others have placed many more.

Interesting, perhaps I was being over cautious. The jist I got from the guy I was talking to was basically "Its pot luck, someone who knows what it is, will let it through if opened, someone who is clueless wont.

Roughly how much tax did you end up paying for Biotest stuff bought over? Were you ordering Met. Drive and/or Surge or just the pill form supps like HRX/Flameout?

[quote]sidewalkdances wrote:
Interesting, perhaps I was being over cautious. The jist I got from the guy I was talking to was basically "Its pot luck, someone who knows what it is, will let it through if opened, someone who is clueless wont.

Roughly how much tax did you end up paying for Biotest stuff bought over? Were you ordering Met. Drive and/or Surge or just the pill form supps like HRX/Flameout?[/quote]

I’ve order powders and tabs, but mostly pill types supplements.

You are looking at (last time I checked) around £35 tax per £100 of product, though it is better to order in large quantities as you save on shipping.

If you know anyone in the US, and they are willing to get the packaged shipped to them and send it to you, you will not pay any customs charges. I believe LR used to (still does?) import and seel Biotest stuff for cheaper than it would be buying it yourself - maybe he can chime in.

[quote]blaque.ops wrote:
Hijack: Can anyone here get Biotest products delivered to the Uk?[/quote]

My girlfriend once got an order delivered form Biotest to the UK. No problemo.