Future FFB Club

After breaking my leg and putting on a ton of weight suffering some financial set backs and deaths in my family I’ve been in to much of a funk to change. Well screw that, I will live up to my potential. I am making the commitment today to take this shit off my bod and fast.

Anyone else out here want to join me and we can discuss what is working for us and what is not in terms of diet and exercise? You can PM me or send a message to this post. Everyone is welcome but if you come here to cry that diet and exercise do not work call Carny Wilson or Oprah this is not a forum for you.

I plan to lose a 100+ (I am weighing in today) I plan to get back to 205-225 I was in college. Looking good does matter to me but more importantly I want to get back to the things I love to do and do them well like skiing, biking, boxing,kayaking and anything active. So anyone game?

Been there bro. I used to weigh well over 350 now I’m between 180-200 depending on how active I am. I can give you a few pointers that really helped me.

1. Diet/Exercise Log; (It’s a must) I sometimes go to the boostore and buy one of pre made ones but I have much better success making one up myself and having it bound at Kinkos.

2. Good Doctor; Most doctors that aren’t creampuffs themselves love to see their patients loose weight. Mine was no different. He perscribed AndroGel to keep the T high and body strong. Also, you may want to ask about a mild anit-depressant. It’s going to be tough but I take a light dose of Lexapro and it really helped. Lastly, I don’t know how your schedule is but mine changes everyday. Staying fired up and awake is a real problem. I take Provigil for ‘shift worker syndrome’ but it is chemically similar to speed and will really give you a major kick in the ass.

3. Goals; Your goals are tools. Use them accordingly. Use small intermediate goals to keep your focus. The larger goals frame the picture and can keep you inspired as you accomplish the smaller tasks.

4. Have a backup plan; I keep nuts, jerkey, and a baggie of protein with me at all times. Also, I have an alternate workout I can do at home in case I can’t make it to the gym or weather does not permit.

5. Keep good food at eye level. You can’t assume everyone in your house is going to hide their crap just because you are dieting. Instead, put good food at eye level, and ANYTHING that gives you a problem goes in a cabinet somewhere below your waist level. When you open the cupboard you see dried fruit instead of ding-dongs.

If I can think of some other stuff I’ll post it. Good luck, you sound like to be off to a good start.

I was very happy to see this post. I was pretty sure I was the only heavy guy over in the corner of this forum. I hit an personal high in weight this past year and have finally made some changes and I am reaping the benefits. I have lost a considerable amount of weight but still have about 100 pounds to go. I am lookign forward to loosing and gaining along with you.

Hey dont feel alone I’m right there with you. been on and off T-Nation for about a year great site with great info.
I started at 295 and dropped to 255 using edt style program and proper nutrition HOT-ROX and Grow!. then school started got lazy and started eating poorly again with expected results. I’m back on the wagon now
and following jb’s tailor made nutrition part 1. lost 5lbs the first two weeks so far
which is a modest goal. I also employed
a tip from Dan johns article about pre cooking meals and freezing them. this really makes it easier to stay on track. good luck and stay strong.

Count me in. I am 375 down from 385 last week. Diet is my down fall. I started a log and realized I have been under eating so severely. No wonder I cant strip off the fat. I bought Precision nutrition from JB and I am doing his one size fits all diet. I lost 10 pounds with very little working out. I had lasik (best thing ever) and they recommend not working out for a week. So other than 2 workouts before the surgery and some grip work. Things are going well. More of a life change than a diet.

I would like to be between 300 and 320. I want to be far more competitive in strongman. The endurance and speed kills me. I may also go out for the AFL next year. I Tried out this year and got a call back from and AF2 team so, we will see what happens when I am not carrying so much fat. I am getting a little old for football but it is a big challenge so why not.

Patrick

[quote]PGH wrote:
Count me in. I am 375 down from 385 last week. Diet is my down fall. I started a log and realized I have been under eating so severely. No wonder I cant strip off the fat. I bought Precision nutrition from JB and I am doing his one size fits all diet. I lost 10 pounds with very little working out. I had lasik (best thing ever) and they recommend not working out for a week. So other than 2 workouts before the surgery and some grip work. Things are going well. More of a life change than a diet.

I would like to be between 300 and 320. I want to be far more competitive in strongman. The endurance and speed kills me. I may also go out for the AFL next year. I Tried out this year and got a call back from and AF2 team so, we will see what happens when I am not carrying so much fat. I am getting a little old for football but it is a big challenge so why not.

I was 170lbs thru most of HS my coaches kept pushing me to get bigger, it took 7 meals a day of everything I could get my hands on so I never learned to eat right. I played DE plus LT in HS played a little free safety in college. How old are you? The AFL is cool did you ever try out for NFL Europe or the CFL I would think someone at your size would excel more in the traditional game.

[quote]xalfred wrote:

I was 170lbs thru most of HS my coaches kept pushing me to get bigger, it took 7 meals a day of everything I could get my hands on so I never learned to eat right. I played DE plus LT in HS played a little free safety in college. How old are you? The AFL is cool did you ever try out for NFL Europe or the CFL I would think someone at your size would excel more in the traditional game.
[/quote]

I am 28. I am a little short too at 6’2". I do think I would be better at traditional football but AFL has a lot of walk on try outs. That is why I said why not try. The call back just encouraged me. I haven’t played since early HS. I was thinking of trying for a Semipro team here in Chicago. See how it goes and get some experience.

Patrick

I am in fellas. I have been going good for alittle while now. I am 290 down from 325 and my goal is to get down to 250 while maintaining my current bench of 300 and also getting my squats on track. I am 6’8" and cant squats for crap. 1, my legs are weak from not squating, 2, I weight almost 300lbs and 3, I have along way down to go to get parallel with the floor. That’s allot of excuses but I am getting better and I will make it.

Diet is great during the week when i am working. The weekend I am bored at times, ill motivated and end up ordering something good to eat,not too bad but certainly not foods that make you look good nekid. I have been lifting like an animal thought. 300lb bench might sound low for a guy who is 290lbs but my arms are so friggin long that it has taken great work to get this far.

If I get to 250 with a 315 bench, a decent sqaut, I will have made my goals. Let’s all share how we are doing as a motivator to keep going and help each other. In honor of MLK, “We Shall overcome.”

This has been a tough week. I am looking forward to weighing in Sat. My shoulders feel so creaky and my forearms keep cramping up. I have been doing lots of wrist work to ward off carpal tunnel which I had once before.

I feel better and stronger each day it’s just a matter of hanging tough. Did the assisted dip machine today it was quite humbling to need the whole stack to counter balance me, when I was in college I could strap on a pair of 45’s and do 5 real dips. But the battle will rage til victory is ours.

How’s it going my brethren.

I’m in also. I’m about to finish my Phd and have gotten a little lazy. I’m 6’4 and was about 297, but I’ve been dieting for about 1 1/2 weeks and I’m weighing in at about 286. I basically following a moderate carb,high protein diet. I get most of my carbs in the a.m. and some post-workout.

I’m a competitive powerlifter and also compete in triathlons, but I’ve gotten lazy the past year and didn’t do either.

So, here comes the charge to looking good nekid. I plan to get down to about 230, Hopefully my bench, squat, and deadlift won’t suffer to much.

Lets make this a friendly competition for bragging rights, something along the lines of the biggest loser, but try to include a legit BF% as one of the indicators. Anyone up for it?

I am going to toss in as well. The motovation with having others working the with similar goals might just help keep me going. Right now I am 23, 6 feet tall weighing 263lbs. I have about 30% BF and really want to get that down…

I eat pretty well, my only problem with food is that I am eating nearly 5000 cals a day. I have tried even dropping it down to around 4000 and doing that caused me to fell really sluggish and have a lack of concetration. So I am still trying to figure that one out, so any tips on that would be a huge benefit.

I am planning on starting taking HOT-ROX in the hopes of it helping me lower that BF while allowing me to eat as much as I do. For me my largest goal is lowering the BF%. Yes it would be nice for the weight to go down too, but that is secondary. But I like this whole idea of this support and pushing each other on here.

Good luck to all

I will share stats for bragging rights. Let’s grant the first set of bragging rights on February 19th as sort of a checkpoint. That’s one month to bust your ass and not only hear from friends how well your doing, but also your friends online @T-Nation.
ounds good? Who’s in?

Everyone interested should post current height, weight, bench, squat and deadlift. OH yeah and the dreaded BF%. I will compile them all and post them all in one post as a point of reference for everyone. Let’s get 'er done.

You came to the right place for help. Let’s check your basics first to see where you are with a few things:

I bet you dont get nearly enough fiber in your diet.(30grams/day) I can also almost say for sure that your ESW is pretty low.(<3-4 week@1/2 hour intervals) Those 2 things alone will help lower your appetite. Yeah, the cardio for me cuts my hunger, could be my heart beating through my chest but it helps, especially tibatta sprints. OH yeah, also eat more frequent meals, this should help with the sluggish feeling. I dont know at what level you are at now and apologize for hitting you with the beginner stuff, but these basic should help a bit. Good Luck!

[quote]Raimisch wrote:
I am going to toss in as well. The motovation with having others working the with similar goals might just help keep me going. Right now I am 23, 6 feet tall weighing 263lbs. I have about 30% BF and really want to get that down…

I eat pretty well, my only problem with food is that I am eating nearly 5000 cals a day. I have tried even dropping it down to around 4000 and doing that caused me to fell really sluggish and have a lack of concetration. So I am still trying to figure that one out, so any tips on that would be a huge benefit.

I am planning on starting taking HOT-ROX in the hopes of it helping me lower that BF while allowing me to eat as much as I do. For me my largest goal is lowering the BF%. Yes it would be nice for the weight to go down too, but that is secondary. But I like this whole idea of this support and pushing each other on here.

Good luck to all[/quote]

Thankx JJaynutz, going to have to try and up that fiber intake…and figure out what the ESW stands for. … But onto the previous post asking for stats.
hieght: 6 foot
weight: 262
BF %: 28
Bench: 140 5 rep havent tested for 1 rep in awhile
squat: 200 5 rep
deadlift: 180 5 rep just started doing them, so have to see they go.
And yet again good luck to everyone, and just always remember there’s lots of time to be thin when your dead :slight_smile:
Peace

I am in. 5" 7’ and two weeks ago started at 233 and am down to 224 right now. Keep this thread going guys.
By the way, the V Diet is working real well. This is the second time and seems to be going a lot better this time around with one solid meal which I have as a large breakfast.

I will have to see about maxes this week. I could post PR day and contest stuff but I have been ass and a halfing my workouts the last month so, my lifts won’t be as strong right now.

W: 375
H: 6’ 2"
BF: 26% I’ will try to get a more accurate reading

Patrick

I was at 285 coming into the new year. Now I am 266 and 18%bf. I would like to get down to 10% or less.
6’1"
bench 515
dead 600

My diet is just a half cup of oatmeal for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch and another after I workout, and then a small clean supper.

I love to see the different ends of the spectrum that we have here. We all can learn from each other.

BTW…ESW= Energy Systems Work (Cardio). I have been brainwashed by this website and now find my self using their acronyms.

So…the weekend was decent. Played golf Saturday, walked about 10 holes, raked the leaves and washed the car. So I was pretty active and ate well. I started cooking my food for the weekend on saturday so it helped to have meals ready to eat that were healthy. I will say that the cookies called my name last night after a 4 pack of guiness. Damn I fucked up, but I will eat really light today and bust my ass on the stairmaster for 45 minutes. I know I cant out train my diet, but mentally I need this to be a hardcore day to get back on track.

How’s everyone else doing and what tips can we share? My tip or suggestion for the day…

Try eating whole wheat pita, with grilled chicken and Hummus. Damn good, very low fat and carbs, tons of protein.

just joined the site, im comming off a broken neck i balloned up to 260 none of my clothes fit i put a shirt on the other day , it looked like i kicked a third graders ass and took his shirt.im going to try to get down to what i was before i huirt my neck… well see.

before 6’3"
8.5% body fat

now 260
20% body fat.

Hey :slight_smile: I’m a lady, but thought I’d throw in my own .02 … started in August at 195 lbs (and at only 5’6, that is FAT FAT FAT!!) I’ve lost about 35 lbs, which is probably 20 lbs fat and 15 lbs muscle (not as great as I’d’ve liked).

I’m now working on losing the last fifteen, but I’m taking it much slower. I usually have 1500 - 1800 kcal/day, with ~170 grams of protein, fat, and carbs. I’ve notised the fat’s come off ‘faster’ (or, it’s been fat, and not muscle) when I keep my diet clean.

There’s two ways to take T-Nation: either as an exclusive club that you could never join, cos you’d have to…gasp…commit to good health and training, or as an opportunity to better yourself, and as an invaluable resource.