Future Career Opportunities

Hi all,

I really am just starting off to find out what I want to do in my life (I thought i figured it out last year), and right now I’m in school becoming an Athletic Trainer. However, I’m also very interested in Personal Training and Strength Conditioning, as well as types of supplement research.

There are so many things I am thinking about right now its driving me nuts, but as for summer I was thinking about working in a gym to get some experience for the field of Training. But I also thought about maybe working on a study for dieting supplements and such things like that, all the articles I read on T-Mag about supplement use are so intriguing.

But do any of you know if there’s even such things that companies do that let newbies like me get some experience in supplement studies? I live out in the Bay Area and am looking for some experience opportunities over the summer for anything from Athletic Training to working in a Gym to Supplement Research. Thanks all.

I’m currently in an Athletic Therapy program (we use Therapy in Canada instead ofTraining) I’m planning on combining it with strength&conditioning once i graduate. There is a number of people from my school who have successfully combine AT with strength & conditioning or another field with in the fitness industry.

As for summer jobs I’m looking for a volunteer position in AT or strength & conditioning and then getting some lame job that sucks, but I will get paid at.

I don’t know how the diet research industry works, but you may be able to volunteer to gain some experience. Or just find out about a study being conducted near and apply to be a participant and you may be paid for it.

I’m currently in an Athletic Therapy program (we use Therapy in Canada instead ofTraining) I’m planning on combining it with strength&conditioning once i graduate. There is a number of people from my school who have successfully combine AT with strength & conditioning or another field with in the fitness industry.

As for summer jobs I’m looking for a volunteer position in AT or strength & conditioning and then getting some lame job that sucks, but I will get paid at.

I don’t know how the diet research industry works, but you may be able to volunteer to gain some experience. Or just find out about a study being conducted near and apply to be a participant and you may be paid for it.

Well don’t take any job offers from BALCO labs :stuck_out_tongue: