Future Books by Dr. Darden

I went to the John Woods site and so far I couldn’t find the Ellington Archives but there was other similar archives like Jones Journal writings but unfortunately for skin flints like me those seem to be for sale , not free.
Scott

You have to pay to see the archives

Is the Darden archive now part of his membership site? He can charge what he wants, but it was a little too much for the kind of casual browsing that I would do.

If you have the app…you should get an email to see other stuff, if you reply yes, there will be a charge to see the other stuff

Its 99/yr I think. I paid 79 thru early sign up. There’s over 100 articles as of a few days ago, most of which I’ve never read before. I’d say it’s worth it for now. I’ll have to see how it evolves before renewing

I agree, it’s worth it…was just informed many more articles are being added…some from Mike mentzer magazine from the early 80s…did not know there was a mike mentzer magazine

It is now $149/year for full access…

That’s a bit steep for my liking.
Scott

I just looked after an e-mail from John Wood. Still looks like $99. Where’d you get 149?

From his “Iron League” website. When you follow the menus to subscribe the premium membership is shown at $149/year.

Yearly GOLD+ Membership
($149.00 for 365 days recurring) … Access to 100% of IRON LEAGUE website content … membership card w/unique membership number … TWO Bonus courses: “The Grip of Steel” about John Marx and his training, and “Ligaments: The Secret of True Strength” by George Jowett … Free Admission to all IRON LEAGUE events …

The way I look at it

100 per year equals 27 cents a day
149 per year equals 40 cents per day

I am sure we all waste more than that

It still is not clear to me if the Darden Archives are accessible as part of the Iron League membership, or if it is a separate subscription. Darden isn’t mentioned in the Iron League promotional material. Someone mentioned Mentzer’s magazine; that’s HIT but not Darden. So which archive does that reside in?

You can always find ways to rationalize discretionary spending… In the end, you still have to cover expenses with income. Small leakages in spending do add up!

If you find it valuable, great. But I think some of you are more into the history and lore of Nautilus than I am.

OK Al, That is the Iron League membership cost for a year. You Do Not have to be an Iron League member to get the Darden archives. You can get them separately. You do have to get their app to access the Darden material. You do get discounts on things as being part of the Iron League.
Try oldtimestrongman .com(slash)dardenarchive(dash)membership(dot)html
I wrote it out so It doesn’t take up all that address space and get tossed.

Al, Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you. I’m usually pretty good at finding stuff via Google. But not this time …

www.ellingtondardenarchive .com/

What I was saying about Mentzers magazine, was Darden wrote articles for the magazine, along with other magazines…these articles will be posted in the archives

You can always find ways to rationalize discretionary spending… In the end, you still have to cover expenses with income. Small leakages in spending do add up!

If you find it valuable, great. But I think some of you are more into the history and lore of Nautilus than I am.

====Scott===
Yes even small expenditures add up over time! I’m more into the history and lore of Nautilus than I am into sets and reps but $100 or $150 seems way to much for some information I might find elsewhere on the net and even if I can’t find it anywhere else what is left to learn about Nautilus that I haven’t seen a hundred times before?? I doubt these archives are some hord of secrets weve never seen before . $10 a year sure, $100 forget it .

That’s the whole site. Darden forum is 99

Well… your money, your choice. Others are going see the value differently.

How to price something like access to historically interesting documents is an interesting dilemma. A lower price might attract more subscribers, but it is still a pretty niche market. So perhaps it makes more sense to sell at a higher price to a smaller group of enthusiastic fans who are willing to pay whatever it takes.

For myself, I am prone to impulse buying of books, as long as the price is modest. As a result, I’ve ended up with lots of partially read or unread books. I console myself with the idea that eventually I will get around to reading everything in that big pile in my library. However, because of that bad habit, I am definitely trying to exercise some restraint against the temptation to sign up for lots of ongoing subscriptions to various kinds of entertainment media (magazines, music, video, etc…).