Furo's T-Ransformation 2018 Log

T-Ransformation: Week 10 - Summary

Bodyweight: 98.0kg

Training: Great this week

Nutrition: Mediocre

This has been a great week for training, I have felt very motivated and really enjoyed every session. Bodyweight is up though.

3 Likes

T-Ransformation: Week 11
Tactical Barbell: Endurance

Hike
2 and a half hours - steep, high winds

I attempted to climb Ben Lomond with some friends today but we had to turn back before the summit due to a combination of very high winds, heavy snow and poor visibility. I’m happy counting it as this week’s endurance session, because it was steep and the conditions were awful.

2 Likes

Bodyweight Stuff

Pistol Squat/One-Arm Push-Up - Superset
BW: 10x1/1

Bodyweight: 97.1kg

I have been struck down by a fairly nasty cold so really didn’t fancy high intensity stuff today. This is a nice bodyweight-strength session to keep things ticking over.

1 Like

Tactical Barbell: High Intensity Conditioning

Fobbit Intervals
Stationary Bike/40kg Kettlebell Swings

I’m still a bit rough, but improving. Instead of alternating swings and snatches I just did swings, and used my 40kg kettlebell. The reps felt good, although my grip was very fatigued by the end.

Tactical Barbell: Strength Endurance

Bodyweight/Kettlebell Circuit
Push-Ups/Rows/Swings/BW Squats/SLDLs
BW/40kg: 3x20/20/20/20/20

Bodyweight: 98.2kg

This was fine. My neck is a little stiff, and I’m not sure if that’s from kettlebell work or sleeping awkwardly.

2 Likes

Power Intervals
Stationary Bike: 5x 2min sprints (level 4)

This felt pretty good. I did light active recovery cycling during the 3 minute rest intervals.

T-Ransformation: Week 11 - Summary

Bodyweight: 97.7kg

Training: down one strength endurance session due to my cold

Nutrition: Mediocre

This week wasn’t great due to my cold, but I kept things ticking over. Bodyweight remains the same.

Plan
My fat loss has been stalled for several weeks now and I really haven’t been doing anything about it. Starting next week I’m going to tighten everything up - strictly 2500kcal per day, no sugar and no alcohol. I have a lot going on at work until mid April so I won’t drop the calories drastically until that’s all done.

T-Ransformation: Week 12

Deadlifts
180kg: 1
200kg: 1
Mixed Grip, Belted

Heavy Bag Resets
5x 1min on, 1min off

Bodyweight: 97.7kg

I haven’t done deadlifts in a while and these were ok - technique wasn’t crisp by any stretch, but the strength was there. The heavy bag conditioning work felt good.

1 Like

Tactical Barbell: Endurance

Stationary Bike
45min: 11.8km (level 3)

Bodyweight: 96.9kg

Low energy cycle today.

1 Like

Bodyweight Circuit
Squats/Sit-Ups/Lunges/Push-Ups/Inverted Rows
BW: 3x20/20/20/20/20

Pistol Squats
BW: 5x1

Bodyweight: 96.7kg

Fine session today. I would have used kettlebells but my neck has been playing up a little so I stuck with bodyweight. The inverted rows were done under my desk, very small ROM. The pistol squats felt pretty good, hips were a little weird.

Deadlifts
180kg: 5
Mixed Grip, Belted.

Barbell Circuit
Fail

Heavy Bag Resets
5x 1min on, 1min off

Bodyweight: 97.3kg

Great session today. The deadlifts were weirdly smooth - I felt good for at least 8 reps with 180kg, but called it at 5 because it caught me by surprise lol. I then planned to do a barbell strength endurance session but went too heavy on the first round and totally wiped myself out. Instead of repeating it with lighter weights I did heavy bag resets.

The bag work is feeling much crisper already, I’m absolutely loving it. I heard @T3hPwnisher might be looking for a sparring partner, what do you say big man? Lol. In all seriousness I’m definitely going to investigate local boxing clubs.

1 Like

Scotland is a bit far for sparring for me, haha. Hope you get some rounds in somewhere. Sparring is always a blast.

1 Like

Bodyweight/Kettlebell Circuit
Press-Ups/Rows/Lunges/Swings/Deadlifts
BW/40kg: 3x20/20/20/20/20

1 Like

T-Ransformation: Week 12 - Summary

Training: Good, all prescribed sessions as well as extra deadlifts

Nutrition: Better this week

This has been a pretty good week, and now I have completed the “Base Building” phase of the Tactical Barbell routine. I kept my nutrition strict and seem to have dropped some more weight.

Plan
I have five weeks to go before a two-week holiday, and during this period I’m going to be very busy at work. My plan is to run the two-day strength template (Fighter) due to my time constraints and, as it is a six week programme, I will start on week 2. I will go through the Tactical Barbell book and choose a conditioning template to run alongside it. My goal is to drop to around 95kg and improve my fitness, while maintaining my strength. I will probably submit my T-Ransformation photos at the end of April, just before I go on holiday.

T-Ransformation: Week 13
Tactical Barbell: Fighter Template

Deadlifts
160kg: 4x5
Mixed Grip, Belted

Ring Pull-Ups
BW: 4x5

Bench Press
90kg: 4x5

Bodyweight: 96.6kg

I was pushed for time today so did this as a giant set, which kept my heart rate up. I’m keeping my deadlift and pull-up training maxes the same as for my previous cycle, but dropping the bench press by 5kg as I didn’t manage to complete all sets last time.

2 Likes

Tactical Barbell; High Intensity Conditioning

Meat-Eater II
Kettlebell Swings/Burpees
40kg/BW: 10x 10/10 (1min rest)

This was pretty brutal! 10 sets of 10 reps with heavy kettlebell swings and burpees, 1 minute rest between rounds. I really focused on packing my shoulders during the swings, as I think that is the key to sorting my neck stiffness.

3 Likes

Meat eater 2 is a personal favourite.

Simple and utterly fucking brutal

1 Like

Good to see you are back brother.

tweet

1 Like

Meat-Eater II
Kettlebell swings/Burpees
40kg/BW: 10x 10/10 (1min rest)

Stationary Bike
60min: 15.0km (level 2)

Bodyweight: 96.9kg

This was the last thing I felt like doing when I got home from work, but then I ate an entire Easter egg and felt I had to. Meat Eater II is such a good conditioning session, and I feel much better for having done it. Really clears the cobwebs.

EDIT: I felt like moving more so I did a 60min lazy cycle later in the evening.

@theBird - Likewise man! How are things? What’s new? Hope you are well.

3 Likes

An entire Easter egg​:joy::joy::joy: