Furo's T-Ransformation 2018 Log

T-Ransformation: Week 8
Tactical Barbell: Endurance

Run
11.3km (7 miles) in 1 hour 30min

I really misjudged the length of this run and had to walk some of the later sections. Lots of elevation changes and a fair bit of mud. Slow, but a good run overall!

2 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of running mate. Pure meditation

1 Like

Tactical Barbell: Strength

Deadlifts
170kg: 5x3
Belted, Mixed Grip

Bench Press
100kg: 5x3

Ring Pull-Ups
BW+10kg: 5x3

Bodyweight: 97.4kg

Didn’t brace well on the later deadlift sets. Pull-ups felt strong, bench felt weak. Reasonable day overall.

@ChongLordUno - indeed man!

3 Likes

Stationary Bike
60min: 15.8km (level 3)

Bodyweight: 97.8kg

Lazy cycle today, just putting some work in.

Stationary Bike
60min: 19.4km (level 3)

Bodyweight: 96.6kg

A more energetic cycle today. Looking much leaner. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Tactical Barbell: Strength

Deadlifts
170kg: 5x3
Mixed Grip, Belted

Pull-Ups
BW+10kg: 5x3

Bodyweight: 98.1kg

My shoulders have been buggy for a couple of weeks now but it’s been really bad for the last couple of days so I decided to skip benching. Deadlifts and pull-ups were reasonable.

T-Ransformation: Week 8 - Summary

Bodyweight: 97.5kg

Training: Good

Nutrition: Reasonable

This has been a pretty good week. I did all of the prescribed endurance training and I’m proud of my long run (even if it was horribly slow). The strength stuff went reasonably well.

Next week the routine calls for 3 endurance sessions and the strength stuff is the heaviest yet - 4x2 with 95%.

2 Likes

T-Ransformation: Week 9
Tactical Barbell: Strength (Upper)

Bench Press
115kg: 2,2
70kg: 20,15

Pull-Ups
BW+20kg: 4x2

EZ Bar Curl
30kg: 3x12

Triceps Extensions
18kg: 3x20

I’m visiting a friend in Southern Scotland today (@MaazerSmiit - Manchester) so I modified todays session a bit, and we’ll deadlift tomorrow. Bench moved better than I thought it would but I definitely wasn’t going to get all sets with 115kg, so I did some volume work instead. My shoulders feel much better today.

3 Likes

You’re logging again! Took me long enough to notice.

Tactical Barbell: Strength (Lower)

Deadlifts
190kg: 4x2
Mixed Grip, Belted

Squats
70kg: 5
80kg: 5
90kg: 3
100kg: 3
Belted

Core Stuff
Whatever

Deadlifts weren’t smooth, but weren’t horrible either. Squats were as weak as ever lol.

@MaazerSmiit - Haha you haven’t missed much. I’ve lost 5kg of fat that I should never have gained, and I haven’t got weaker.

2 Likes

Stationary Bike
30min: 9.9km (level 3)

Bodyweight: 97.9kg

I was really pushed for time today and only managed half an hour. Kept up a good pace though.

1 Like

Stationary Bike
45min: 12.9km (level 4)

Bodyweight: 98.4kg

Higher resistance cycle today, found it pretty tough.

The last couple of days here have been pretty chaotic due to an unprecedented amount of snow. I was up late last night driving paediatric nurses into work in my 4x4 and have been having busy days at work too, so I’m absolutely shattered. Will hit the gym tomorrow.

2 Likes

T-Ransformation: Week 9 - Summary

Bodyweight: 97.9kg (up a bit)

Training: Not great this week

Nutrition: Not brilliant

This week went a bit sideways due to the snow (as per the post above) and so I didn’t manage to get one of the strength sessions and one of the endurance sessions done. Next week shouldn’t be busy so I’ll try to get the missed strength session done tomorrow.

T-Ransformation: Week 10
Tactical Barbell: Strength Endurance

Deadlifts
190kg: 4x2
Mixed Grip, Belted

Barbell Circuit
Push-Press/Rows/SLDL/Squat
40kg: 3x20/20/20/20

Pull-Ups
+20kg: 4x2
BW: 2x5 - rings

Bodyweight: 97.3kg

Great session today! I combined the strength session I missed last week (minus bench) with one of this week’s strength endurance sessions. I was meant to do at least 5 different exercises in the barbell circuit but 4 felt like enough. For the next three weeks the routine swaps the strength sessions for strength endurance circuits and some of the steady state cardio is replaced with high intensity stuff.

3 Likes

Stationary Bike
60min: 18.6km (level 3)

Bodyweight: 98.4kg

Pretty good endurance session.

Tactical Barbell: High Intensity Conditioning

Fobbit Intervals
Stationary Bike/28kg Swings/28kg Snatches

Bodyweight: 98.8kg

I enjoyed this conditioning session. I haven’t used kettlebells in ages so I’ll be interested to see how my neck feels tomorrow. I didn’t eat well over the weekend and my weight is up, so I’m going back to counting calories as of today - aiming for 2500kcal/day.

1 Like

Fobbits are one of my favourite drills. Cardio on steroids💪🏻

1 Like

Tactical Barbell: Strength Endurance

Bodyweight/Kettlebell Circuit
Push-Ups/Rows/Swings/BW Squats/SLDLs
BW/40kg: 3x20/20/20/20/20

This felt good. Motivation is definitely up this week after a dip in weeks 8 and 9. My neck actually feels completely fine despite yesterday’s kettlebell work, so that is very encouraging.

1 Like

Tactical Barbell: High Intensity Conditioning

Press
60kg: 5
65kg: 5
75kg: 1
80kg: 1 - push press
60kg: 8

Heavy Bag Resets
5x1min on, 1min off

Pull-Ups/Pistol Squats
BW: 5x5/1

Bodyweight: 98.1kg

The focus today was on the bag work, but I did a bunch of extra bits that I fancied. The boxing was ugly but great conditioning. I did a fair bit of boxing and MMA at Uni and really enjoyed it. The 75kg press was a hell of a grind, and I’m pretty proud of it. I’ve hit 80kg once before but possibly used a bit of leg drive.

2 Likes