205kg: 1
225kg: 1
245kg: 1

Pistol Squats
BW: 3x5

Reverse Hypers
BW: 20, 30, 40

Bodyweight: 98.0kg

This was a strong lower body session - 245kg (540lbs) felt heavy but certain and the pistol squats were smooth.

3 Likes

Week 52: Run

Run
4.8km in 33min 33sec

I did this differently and alternated periods of faster running with brief walking sections, just to mix things up a bit.

2 Likes

I think I might of asked you this before… but do you use any smart watch technology to monitor your running?

Bonus Q: what shoes do you use for running?

Im asking this as I am looking into getting a smart watch and I am thinking about getting back into some running.

tweet

Week 52: Run

Run
5.2km in 32min 49sec

Solid run today, quite steep at parts.

@theBird - I just use an app on my phone (Strava). It seems to work pretty well and it’s free. My shoes are made by Merrell, not sure of the exact type. They are “barefoot” style which I really like.

1 Like

I’m a fan of barefoot style shoes.

I even have barefoot style dress shoes for work.

Now if I ever wear shoes with significant cushioning, it feels uncomfortable.

tweet

1 Like

Week 52 - Summary

Bodyweight: 98.3kg

Training: 2x gym, 2x run

Nutrition: Poor

This was a good Christmas week! Highlights were the 245kg (540lb) TBDL and the second run.

Week 53: Gym

Trapbar Deadlifts
205kg: 3
185kg: 5

Bodyweight Giant Set
Pistol Squats: 3x5
Pull-Ups: 3x8
One Arm Push-Ups: 3x3

This was a reasonable gym session, pretty low intensity level but it felt good.

1 Like

2018 Log Summary
This has been a fairly unremarkable log overall. My priority initially was to lose fat and I successfully dropped from 102kg to around 96kg, before gaining a couple of kilos back. In terms of performance I have hit two significant PRs - a 5km run in 26min 59sec and a 265kg (584lb) trapbar deadlift. At this point I do not plan to start another log in the new year.

All the best for 2019 everyone!

2 Likes

Might see you more in Elite mate. Been using it more lately as I’ve scrapped my membership at JD

1 Like

Come back Furo

*tweet8