Furo's T-Ransformation 2018 Log

For my forearm I just put the lacross ball on the table and leant on it focusing on the palm side. And also a bit of work on that brachi something muscle on the outside of my elbow.

Hopefully it’ll help you.

2 Likes

Week 35: Gym

Deadlifts
180kg: 1
200kg: 1

Conditioning Class
40min - a @chonglorduno special

Bodyweight: 96.5kg

Good session today! The 200kg deadlift felt heavy but my technique was solid. The class was brutal as always, really enjoyed it!

Thanks @caesium32 - I’ll have to get a lacrosse ball

2 Likes

Hey Furo,

Good to see you are training hard.

I’ve joined a new gym, and now I have access to a trap bar. Had a little play with it the other day, and I was wondering If there are any cues you use to help with technique?

tweet

Week 35 - Summary

Bodyweight: 96.5kg

Training: 5 sessions, including a run and some deadlifts

Nutrition: Mediocre

This has been a pretty good week, apart from my elbow issues. Swings with my 40kg kettlebell are definitely improving, and that is my priority at the moment. I was very happy with the 200kg deadlift - it wasn’t easy but my technique/bracing felt solid.

@theBird - I’m definitely no expert and I wouldn’t say I use any particular cues for it. I have realised since getting back into deadlifts that the main thing for all lower body exercises is bracing hard, I think that if I do that right then the other stuff doesn’t really matter. But I don’t do anything specific for the TBDL. Good luck with it!

2 Likes

Week 36: Stuff

Single Handed Swings
48kg: 5x10 - PR

Bench Press
100kg: 1,1,1,1,3

Weighted Pull-Ups
+10kg: 3x5
+20kg: 3x3

Farmers Walk
120kg: 5x15m
160kg: 5x15m
200kg: 1x15m - PR

Very good session today, a couple of solid PRs.

3 Likes

Week 36: Deadlifts

Deadlifts
180kg: 2
180kg: 3
Mixed grip, belted

This was fine.

2 Likes

Week 36: Stuff

Single Handed Swings
48kg: 5x10

Bench Press
100kg: 5x1

Pull-Ups
BW: 5x5

Trap Bar Deadlifts
150kg: 3x10

Bodyweight: 97.6kg

For some reason I thought I’d try to do all sets of swings within 5 minutes, and I started strong, but things quickly got nasty. I managed 4 sets in the 5 minutes, but then had to lie down for a while before I could do the final set.

My bench press is very weak just now, because I’m so far out of practice. I don’t think my overall upper body strength is down by much though, so it should improve to baseline quickly.

My bodyweight is predictably high, following a weekend of eating crap. I’ll get that sorted by the end of the week.

1 Like

Week 36: Simple and Sinister

Single Handed Swings
40kg: 5x10
E2MOM

Turkish Get-Ups
28kg: 5x1
EMOM

Bodyweight: 97.0kg

Good session today. First time doing Turkish get-ups in a little while and they felt good. My elbow is back to baseline, and I’m not really sure what caused the problem - possibly the get-ups but it could have just been the amount of volume my grip was contending with.

1 Like

I’d go grip. My elbows have started getting achy for the first time in a couple of years and the only change is how much I use my grip at work. Try kneading our your forearms (it’ll fucking hurt) and also training your extenders.

Week 36: Simple and Sinister

Single Handed Swings
E2MOM

Turkish Get-Ups
28kg: 5x1
EMOM

Bodyweight: 96.9kg

Good session today. I fasted for 23 hours - from 7pm last night to 6pm this evening.

@MarkKO - Thanks man, I think you’re right. Hope your elbows feel better soon!

1 Like

Week 36 - Summary

Bodyweight: 97.2kg

Training: 5 sessions

Nutrition: Not good

A reasonable week overall. My nutrition was poor and my bodyweight rose correspondingly, but the training went quite well. For the first time I managed to do all sets of single handed swings with the 48kg (twice) and I got a default farmers walk PR with 100kg per hand.

1 Like

Week 37: Run/Deadlifts

Run
5km in 29min 59sec

Deadlifts
180kg: 3
190kg: 1
140kg+chains: 5,5
Mixed Grip, Belted

This was great. I did a “parkrun” for the first time and running with others definitely helped me push myself. Looking back that seems to be a 5km PR, which I’m pretty happy with.

That was my first time deadlifting with chains, and it felt a little awkward. I’m sure there’s a technique to it but the plates kept catching on the chains as I was lowering the bar (despite having the clip right at the end). Good to mix things up though.

3 Likes

Week 37: Hike

Hike
4 hours, 980m, 12.6km

My lower back felt really stiff today, presumably from the chain deadlifts. The walk loosened it up a bit, but was rough on my knees. Getting old!

1 Like

Good time on the 5k mate. 5k’s for time are brutal

2 Likes

Week 37: Simple and Sinister

Single Handed Swings
E2MOM

Turkish Get-Ups
40kg: 5x1
E2MOM

Single Handed Swings
28kg: 5x10
E2MOM

It has been 15 days since I last did a full S&S session with the 40kg kettlebell. The get-ups actually felt fine but my grip was close to failure during the swings - I really hope it improves soon.

Thanks @ChongLordUno!

2 Likes

Week 37: Gym

Trap Bar Deadlift/Bench Press - Superset
215kg: 5x2
100kg: 5x2

Pistol Squat/Ring Pull-Up - Superset
BW: 5x1
BW: 5x3

Bodyweight: 96.6kg

Strong session today.

I’m terrified about developing osteoarthritis in my knees. Since my surgery my right knee has been so fragile, and I’m conscious that I compensate with my left. In fact there is still a significant difference in size between my quads, despite doing a lot of single leg work earlier in my recovery. I’m not really sure what the answer is.

1 Like

Week 37 - Summary

Bodyweight: 96.6kg

Training: 4 sessions

Nutrition: Mediocre

Only 4 training sessions this week, but they were good ones. That trap bar/bench press superset was a particular highlight, as well as the 5km PR.

1 Like

Week 38: Run

Run
5km in 26min 59sec - PR

Single Handed Swings
28kg: 5x10

Bodyweight: 97.0kg

This was a significant 5km PR, done at another park run but this time on a less hilly route. Knees are quite sore.

1 Like

I think its one of those things thats not worth worrying about.

I think in the long run, you are better of been active, moving, lifting weight etc.

From my understanding, genetics play a massive role in osteoarthritis, so its not really worth worrying about etc.

tweet

3 Likes

Week 38: Gym

Deadlifts
180kg: 1
190kg: 1
205kg: 1
220kg: 2xF

Farmer’s Walk
180kg: 15m
200kg: 15m
220kg: 15m
230kg: 15m - PR

Push-Press
60kg: 3
70kg: 2
80kg: F
60kg: 10

Pistol Squats
BW: 5x1

Weighted Pull-Ups
BW: 5
+16kg: 3
+24kg: 5

Great strength session today - I’m especially happy with the 230kg (507lb) farmer’s walk. The deadlift and press failures were very close, and certainly not unexpected, so I’m not too upset lol.

@theBird - Yes I think you’re right, not worth worrying about really

3 Likes