Furo's Comeback Log

How do you look compared to a week ago? That’s the key. Don’t just look at waist and abs either. What about around your ribs, pecs?

1 Like

I generally find it really hard to judge, but I think I am a little leaner since last week. There seems to be an improvement in my quads and obliques.

1 Like

T-Ransformation: Week 18 - Rest

Nutrition
13:30: chicken and chorizo casserole
15:00: Relentless, 2 crumpets
19:00: chicken and chorizo casserole

Bodyweight: 96.3kg

The last two days my hunger has definitely improved which is a relief. @MarkKO @littlesleeper @theBird (and anyone else) - when do you reckon I should drop my calories further? I’m thinking I should stay at this level for another week until I’m certain I’m not dropping any more weight, but I’d really value your opinions.

On 2700kcal my weekly average bodyweight has gone:

kg: 98.5kg - 97.1kg - 96.6kg - 96.3kg - 96.2kg - 96.3kg
lbs: 217lbs - 214lbs - 213lbs - 212lbs - 212lbs - 212lbs

Looks like it’s definitely levelled out, actually feeling I should drop calories now, especially as my hunger is back to normal.

EDIT: So today I had 2400kcal and 210g protein, following the discussion below (as I hadn’t had my evening meal when I initially wrote this post).

I think you should trust your instincts! I would definitely take 3 weeks as a reasonable period to assume you’ve found your maintenance at that weight. If it were me, I’d reduce calories by about a crumpet per day. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks man, really appreciate it! These crumpets are a miracle food - only 90kcal each lol. I was thinking of dropping by 300kcal, is that too much?

Haha that’s not bad at all!

Some people may think that is a big(er) jump, but personally I like the slightly more drastic jumps. And really 2400cals isn’t too bad. I don’t find that hunger zone until I start getting below 2100-2200cals, but obviously this varies for everyone.

1 Like

Thanks man! I think I’ll go for it then - I haven’t eaten my evening meal yet so I’ll cut out the potatoes and be at 2400kcal. Wishing I hadn’t put off starting this T-ransformation so late, I’m finding it pretty exciting.

1 Like

I’d wait another week. There’s nothing to say you can’t drop calories now, but there’s no harm in seeing if you can milk 2700 for a little longer and still progress a bit. I’m very much of the slow and steady mindset, though. Then I’d drop to 2500 when you do drop.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man! Thinking about it more I feel like it would be a good mental boost to see the scale drop again, so I think I will lower my calories. But to compromise I’ll drop to 2500kcal instead of 2400kcal.

2 Likes

Im voting for the drop down to 2500k.

I must say, good on you for having the discipline and dedication to count calories and keep to your numbers.

I have once tried counting calories but found it all too hard as I vary what I eat most days. Although I think you have inspired me to try this again. And possibly to eat crumpets again. What do you have on your crumpets?

tweet

3 Likes

T-Ransformation: Week 18 - Gym

Trap Bar Deadlift (High Handles)
130kg: 5
150kg: 3 - belt on
180kg: 1
200kg: 1
230kg: 1 - PR
180kg: 3

Bench Press
100kg: 3
110kg: 1
90kg: 12

Pull-Ups
BW: 4x5

Dumbbell Curls
15kg: 3x10

A very good training session today. I decided to try trap bar deadlifts as I conventional deadlifted recently and wanted to try something different. I worked up to a top single with 230kg which is a PR but is especially sweet because it’s my first lift over 500lbs (506lbs to be precise). The rep went up pretty fast but I got a bit out of position so didn’t want to push it further. I planned on following it with a high-rep set with 180kg but that wasn’t happening.

Nutrition
12:30: crumpets, eggs, tomatoes
14:00: protein bar
17:00: kit kat, coke (post PR treat)
19:30: turkey breast, pasta

Bodyweight: 96.2kg

This doesn’t look like it would be a great day nutrition-wise but it actually worked out as 2500kcal and 200g of protein.

@theBird Thank you very much man! It’s actually been easier than I thought it would, especially as I’ve been working away from home and mostly cooking just for myself. Usually just a bit of butter on the crumpets!

3 Likes

230kg/506lb Trap Bar Deadlift PR

This feels pretty damn good. I’m 62.5kg/138lbs stronger in this movement than I was before my injury.

4 Likes

That looked very easy. Nice!

@MarkKO - Thanks man! Yeah I felt like I would’ve been good for a double but I didn’t see the point in pushing as I use the trap bar so infrequently. I also get rounding of my upper back with the trap bar, which I don’t get with anything else. It felt pretty weird at the time and then the pull-ups tweaked it further. Back to normal now though.

T-Ransformation: Week 18 - Kettlebells/Bodyweight

Pistol Squats
BW: 10x2
EMOM

Kettlebell Clean and Push-Press
40kg: 5x1
EMOM

Kettlebell Rows
40kg: 4x5
EMOM

So I initially planned to rest today but over-ate then trained so this has become a messy post. This went very well - I haven’t done pistol squats in 13 days and I usually feel like I need to practice them often, but they felt very smooth today. I haven’t done kettlebell clean and presses with the 40kg probably since my challenge with @ActivitiesGuy ages ago, but they felt very good! I could get back into that.

Nutrition
11:30: chicken wrap, blueberries, red bull
17:00: 2 bananas
18:30: turkey breast, pasta

Bodyweight: 95.9kg

This was 2500kcal and 170g protein. I felt pretty hungry yesterday evening, but no more than a week ago on 2700kcals. Otherwise nothing new to report.

EDIT: Ended up caving and had some extra chocolate, think I’m probably at 2700kcal for today. Weak.

EDIT: Edited again because I initially wrote this up as a rest day. Messy.

3 Likes

Nutrition
12:00: chicken wrap, chocolate
16:00: 2 bananas
19:00: chicken breast, potatoes, tomatoes

Bodyweight: 96.1kg

Approximately 2400kcal and 150g protein today. Quite hungry.

1 Like

Maybe some less carbs and more fat, might help with satiety?

tweet

1 Like

Nutrition
12:30: crumpets, eggs, tomatoes
18:00: chicken breast, potatoes
20:00: 2 protein bars

Bodyweight: 95.8kg

2400kcal and 190g protein today. I’ll probably run tomorrow. The pistol squats have left me with some pretty significant quad DOMS.

1 Like

Progress Pics
Just thought I’d upload some progress pics. Only 5lbs down, but I can definitely see an improvement. Lots more work to be done though!

5 Likes

Can definitely tell that 5 pounds was pure fat loss!! Looking good my friend!

1 Like

That’s some good progress mate! Nice work, you’re looking good.

1 Like