100kg: 2x3 - belt

Bench Press
100kg: 3x5

EZ Bar Curl (Fat Bar)
30kg: 3x12

Hanging Leg Raises (Supported)
BW: 2x20

Bodyweight: 98.8kg

Strong session today, but my bodyweight is unacceptable - I was at a wedding yesterday and didn’t show much self restraint. I’m really going to work on my diet this week - it has definitely been improving overall.

T-Ransformation: Week 5 - Bodyweight

Pistol Squats
BW: 5x2
EMOM

One-Arm Push-Ups
BW: 5x2
EMOM

More Pistol Squats
BW: 5x1
EMOM

Just a quick bodyweight session at a hotel today. I really never got in a groove with the right legged pistol squats, they all felt pretty awkward and my knee was crackling away like never before. Still, they were pretty much pain-free so I can’t complain.

This movement is pretty hit or miss for me as well. Sometimes they feel almost effortless and other days I wonder how I ever managed to do one.

Good job getting something in, better than nothing given the circumstances!

1 Like

Yes they can be very frustrating! Looking back it’s been 10 days since I last did them, so maybe a bit out of practice, but still annoying lol!

Yeah I know you’ve been doing the same with your pool sessions! It’s nice to have a basic but effective routine up your sleeve to get some work done in situations like this.

1 Like

T-Ransformation: Week 5 - Bit of everything

Run/Pistol Squats
2 miles
BW: 5x1
Paused halfway to do pistol squats

Deadlifts
140kg: 1
160kg: 1
180kg: 1
190kg: 1 - straps, belt on
200kg: 1 - straps, belt on
210kg: 1 - straps off, mixed grip - PR

Push Press
70kg: 4x3

Bodyweight: 97.0kg

Strange session today! I had originally planned to do kettlebell swings but the one-arm push-ups fried my obliques so I decided to just go for a run. The first half of the run was all up hill and my calves pumped up like crazy but instead of turning back early I decided to take a short break - do some pistol squats to redeem yesterday’s efforts - and then run the remainder. So that went well and I got back pretty tired but my colleague wanted to go to the gym so I decided to join him. Then before I know it I’d smoked a 210kg (463lb) deadlift to get a new PR!

Eating has gone to shit but honestly I’m minimally bothered. My weight is the same but my waist is getting smaller - my work belt is now too loose and I’m having difficulty with my lifting belt. And my lifting and running is improving. Still, I do need to sort it out.

5 Likes

Run 1 mile? Do Pistols? Run another mile? Set Deadlift PR?

CHECK THIS GUY FOR ROIDS!!!

That’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

Haha thank you very much man! Must be something about the fish and chips over here, because that’s what I’ve had for dinner the last two days lol. Things have really just been clicking with my deadlift recently. I hope to hit 220kg (five plates) within the next few months and 227.5kg (500lbs) after that, but maybe my progress will slow. Anyway, it’s all very exciting.

Congrats on the PR man! Any PR feels good, but there is something about that deadlift PR that feels great.

1 Like

Yeah the feeling can’t be beaten! Thanks man, 220kg soon.

I am excited to see how everyone gets on with this OHP and deadlift rep challenge, especially with all of us getting some momentum behind our pulls. @jblues85 @ActivitiesGuy

1 Like

Imma be honest, you’re all fucked.

I’m feeling gooooooooooooooood.

1 Like

Ahahahahahahahahaahahhaahaahaa

1 Like

Definitely not riding the confidence @ActivitiesGuy has at the moment but I feel better about the Overhead Press portion of the challenge more than the Deadlift. Sitting at 235 and that was at about 5:00 yesterday evening fully hydrated with lots of meals in my system. Deadlifting 470-475 for reps just makes me want grab a blanket, ice cream, curl up and rethink life choices!

1 Like

Yes it’s going to be very interesting! Coming round fast now.

Hahaha! Fighting talk, I like it!

Ah you see - this is where I have a distinct advantage over you. Where you will be lifting a moderately heavy weight (for you) for high reps, which completely sucks, I will be lifting a very heavy weight (for me) for very few reps, which is infinitely preferable. This means that you will beat me in the challenge and that you have a far better deadlift, but that I will have a nicer time. Lol.

EDIT: I may do horribly in this competition, but if it’s any consolation it will be a damn sight better than my showing in the T-ransformation challenge haha.

T-Ransformation: Week 5 - Kettlebells

Kettlebell Swings
40kg: (5,10,15,20) x3
Time: 11:43

Kettlebell Rows
40kg: 10x5

Band Pull-Aparts
Blue: 10x25

Bodyweight: 97.1kg

This was a decent session. I got a new PR with my kettlebell time but my grip was really exhausted by the end. It’s frustrating because with my swings I’m limited by my grip and with my running I’m limited by my calves, so I’m finding it hard to push my cardio. I guess I’ll just need to be patient and build up to it. I didn’t enjoy the 10 sets of rows - they were all pretty tough - but I realised that I haven’t done any direct upper back work this week and wanted to make up for that with some volume.

T-Ransformation: Week 5 - Summary

Bodyweight: 97.6kg

Training: Good - 4 sessions, including a 210kg deadlift PR

Nutrition: Poor. Not bad for maintenance, but no good for losing fat.

My training is continuing to go extremely well, but I’m letting myself down with my diet. It’s definitely improved from before starting my T-ransformation - I’ve successfully cut out the crap and I’m hungry a lot more - but I’m not doing enough to make real changes.

I find diet one of the hardest thing to control/get right.

You thinking of counting macros, or having a set plan??

tweet

My plan was/is to do three phases - first cut out all crap, second switch to paleo, third switch to paleo with macro counting. I just haven’t summoned the motivation to switch from phase 1 to phase 2.

1 Like

T-Ransformation: Week 6 - Run

Run
1.6 miles

I was going for 2 miles but I had to cut it short because the last section was very steep uphill and my calves just pumped up horribly. I definitely could have pushed through it but it would have really impacted whatever I do tomorrow (hopefully deadlifts). Starting this week I plan to run twice a week.

T-Ransformation: Week 6 - Disappointment!

Deadlifts
150kg: 2
170kg: 2 - straps on
190kg: 3 - belt on
210kg: 1
220kg: F - at knees
220kg: F- straps off, mixed grip, below knees

Pull-Ups
BW: 8,7,5

Press
20kg: 2x25

Bodyweight: 97.0kg

Absolute nightmare!!! I miscounted the weight on the bar - thought I’d hit 200kg for 3 pretty comfortably and that I should just try 220kg and thought I’d got it! But I was 10kg out for everything! Absolutely gutted. A sensible man would have dropped back to 200kg and tried to get the prescribed 200kg for 2, but I was so pissed off that I went for 220kg for real. The first time I wore straps but never fully felt like I was in proper position and failed just above the knee. The second time I switched to mixed grip because I feel like I can get my hips into a better position with mixed grip, but at that point I was absolutely shot and failed about an inch off the floor.

In hindsight this was actually very encouraging - I smoked that 210kg deadlift, proving it wasn’t a fluke last week,and getting 220kg above the knees indicates that I’m actually really close. Going from thinking you got a PR to realising you didn’t is heartbreaking though.

Later in the week I’m going to redo today, but just going for the prescribed reps and no more (top set of 200kg for 2).

EDIT: I blew out a bunch of blood vessels across my shoulders and chest so if nothing else at least I’m a step closer to being @T3hPwnisher in that regard lol.

1 Like