Furious Angels Video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5804275960634938624

The men and their little god games.

Stepping into that place and doing things that most people can’t even watch on fucking video.

That was intense.

Good vid.

What the hell ever happened to sportsmanship?

I saw some nasty shit on that video.

Stuff like headstomping, heel to temple.

That doesn’t make you a badass, it makes you a piece of shit that should never be able to compete again.

It’s one thing to beat the crap out of someone, it’s another to do stuff that could permanently maim or kill them.

My 2 cents.

Beautiful.

That’s the rules in Pride FC bud, they are allowed to stomp on head, and such. They are not allowed elbows though. It’s not about sportsmanship, those are just the rules.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
What the hell ever happened to sportsmanship?

I saw some nasty shit on that video.

Stuff like headstomping, heel to temple.

That doesn’t make you a badass, it makes you a piece of shit that should never be able to compete again.

It’s one thing to beat the crap out of someone, it’s another to do stuff that could permanently maim or kill them.

My 2 cents.[/quote]

I believe this stuff is allowed under Pride rules.

It still looks criminal to me.

Because you can doesn’t mean you should.

It is an issue of sportsmanship.

It’s like not purposely striking an opponent’s old injury.

Doing so would make it easier to win, but it’s just classier not to hit it if you can avoid it.

Pretty sweet video.

JMB

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

Doing so would make it easier to win, but it’s just classier not to hit it if you can avoid it.

[/quote]

I completely agree, but its more of an issue of if I don’t do it, he will. And when the prize money is large(?)…

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[/quote]

Sportsmanship is doing EVERYTHING within the rules to win.

Outstanding video.

All combatants agree to the rules, and choose to participate.

It’s ok to kick a man in the face and pummel him from the mount, but a soccer kick is criminal? You don’t have to be a fan.

This is a well edited video that defines the greatness of this pure sport.

in cycling if the leader of the race crashes his bike, the rest of the competetors wait for him to resume the race. it os also customary to not challenge the race leader in the final day (durying major tours) and i know of only one time that rule custom was abadoned in over 100 years. these arent rules it is sportsmanship, its a respect for the sport that one participates in

[quote]iluvgmas wrote:
in cycling if the leader of the race crashes his bike, the rest of the competetors wait for him to resume the race. it os also customary to not challenge the race leader in the final day (durying major tours) and i know of only one time that rule custom was abadoned in over 100 years. these arent rules it is sportsmanship, its a respect for the sport that one participates in[/quote]

The goal of the sport is not to win a race or a decision, but to eliminate your opponent from competition. The means to do so are no more barbaric than any other combat sport.

In a sport fueled by testosterone, there appears to be an abundance of goodwill and fairplay among combatants.

The purpose of cycling racing is to win. Racers shave precious seconds from the leaders missteps all day long, but when the big failure of the leader occurs they refuse to capitalize? Respect for tradition and fear of being blackballed as a douchebag seem to have created unwritten rules.

In early mma, biting and other techniques considered treacherous were not illegal. Still, agreements among fighters made these unfavorable for competition. Though written into the rules now in all major orgs, prior agreement in just one example of respect among fighters. As a whole, these are gentlemen who earn their pay bashing skulls. Nobody is forcing viewership, and condescending attitudes towards the sport are unnecessary.

[quote]iluvgmas wrote:
in cycling if the leader of the race crashes his bike, the rest of the competetors wait for him to resume the race. it os also customary to not challenge the race leader in the final day (durying major tours) and i know of only one time that rule custom was abadoned in over 100 years. these arent rules it is sportsmanship, its a respect for the sport that one participates in[/quote]

Alot of these “rules” are in place so that the guy that wins is the strongest man out there, not I beat Lance only because he got three flats and crashed on the last stage.

They are ignored alot more often than you say. In the last 5-6 years alone I can think of situations where the winner of a major tour was decided on the last day.

If you are a respected rider among your competitors then they might wait for you, if you are a new guy or someone who is a butthole then chances are they wont wait for you.

Nice Video.

There was one kick to the head with a guy wearing wrestling shoes… OW

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[/quote]

Not using your opponent’s weaknesses to your advantage is stupid. Not using all the weapons at your disposal is stupid. Nobody gets in the ring to have a good time…they get in there to win. People with your attitude get KTFO.

As entertaining as I find MMA I think it is on a completely different level than track, bike racing, ball sports etc.

It is not for normal people and it is hard to classify what sportsmanship should be in the MMA arena.

Basically if you expect old fashioned good sportsmanship you will likely be disappointed by many things that happen in the MMA arena.

could you give me an example of when a major tour was won on the last day, the only time i know of is lemond vs fignon, durying the tof.

on a side note im not intending this as any sort of attack on mma, im a big fan of the sport. i just disagree with alot of peoples idea of what sportsmanship means.

With regard to sportsmanship…

Most of these fighters show great respect for each other and often even comradeship before and after the fight. During the bout, they do everything they can to win within a certain set of rules - rules they both agreed on. Of course there are breaches as there are in any other sport. The kicks mentioned aren’t such breaches.

On the other hand, in other sports, e.g. soccer, I have witnessed displays of aggression which were far beyond any possible interpretation of the rules and obviously geared toward inflicting injury, and this far more often than in MMA. In a recent case in the major league in Austria, the grudge was continued after the game (verbally) and ultimately settled at court.

Just wanted to add a different perspective. Good video by the way.