T Nation

Funny TRT Stuff

So look at this link and tell me what I’m missing. Here is where doctors are total F ups. This is from the physician side of the Androgel website. Notice they list the same old BS “normal” T levels and then they give NORMAL HEALTHY T LEVELS!!! If you aren’t in the healthy range for your age how can you be normal? Why would the normal range be wider than the HEALTHY NORMAL RANGE!?!?! If they know what’s healthy then where the hell are they getting the numbers for the normal range from? I think in the US having any T at all is a crime.

Here you go:

http://www.androgel.com/hcp/symptoms_diagnosis.html

You’re completely misreading the charts.

The figures they give for the different age ranges are nothing more than the mean values.

In other words, if you’re 25-34 years old and your testosterone measures 900, then you’re “above the mean” (higher than average) but you’re still within the “normal healthy range.”

I’m talking about the level they give for normal healthy. They say normal healthy is averaging 6xx but if you go to your Dr they won’t consider treating you unless you’re below 300. Why? Why wait until you’ve suffered to the point where you’re down to 300? To me if you’re below the average normal healthy range, 6xx, for your age and you’re suffering from symptoms of low T than treatment should be considered.

I’m a perfect example of this. My last blood labs showed me at 379 and the endo wouldn’t treat me even though my free T was low. I went back to my family Dr and he agreed to try it and it was like being touched with a magic wand. By day 3 everything that I had suffered with for about 10 years was 90% gone. I first started having mild problems when my T was 525. That makes perfect sense looking at what my normal healthy range should have been for my age.

It should have been mid 600s and my free T way higher than it ever was. The highest test I have for it is 70. It should have been close to double that. If the people at Androgel know the healthy ranges by demographic than why don’t doctors use those numbers? We all know no one is functioning and normal at 250 or 300. The numbers I had on my first test were consistent with a healthy 74 year old man.

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
I’m talking about the level they give for normal healthy. They say normal healthy is averaging 6xx but if you go to your Dr they won’t consider treating you unless you’re below 300. Why?
[/quote]

Because averages don’t matter. Your levels aren’t considered “unhealthy” unless they’re below 300… period.

[quote]
Why wait until you’ve suffered to the point where you’re down to 300? To me if you’re below the average normal healthy range, 6xx, for your age and you’re suffering from symptoms of low T than treatment should be considered.[/quote]

Unfortunately, what you think doesn’t matter to your doctor who is trying to avoid malpractice lawsuits and a visit from the DEA.

There is one simple reason for all this nonsense: The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 which made testosterone a Schedule III controlled substance in the same category as methamphetamine, opium and morphine and which also makes it possible for a doctor prescribing testosterone to be charged as a drug dealer.

It’s not your doctor’s fault; it’s our fault as a nation for allowing this to happen. The anti-steroids hysteria is nonsense, but nonsense often rules people’s hearts and minds.

Well I went to the Dr with my girlfriend and she told the Dr “I have trouble concentrating”. Dr “Oh really? Would you like to try Addreall?” Same level of drug and took five minutes. Doctors are T morons.

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
Well I went to the Dr with my girlfriend and she told the Dr “I have trouble concentrating”. Dr “Oh really? Would you like to try Addreall?” Same level of drug and took five minutes. Doctors are T morons. [/quote]

To bad happy is on the money, even at 265 my new endo thought I was pretty close to being in normal range. I do have a cabinet full of provigil though…