Funny Things Animals Do

My dog, a lab/pit methodicaly pulls apart her squeaky toys, removes the plastic bulb and pulls the reed out of the stem of the bulb, rendering the squeaky toy fully and completely dead.

She also tears after chipmunks in the woods and digs a hole as deep as her head to get it, never succeeding, but will remember that location from one year to the next and check it again for the chipmunk.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
My dog, a lab/pit methodicaly pulls apart her squeaky toys, removes the plastic bulb and pulls the reed out of the stem of the bulb, rendering the squeaky toy fully and completely dead.

[/quote]

Lol my husky does the same thing.

Older Brother

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

She also tears after chipmunks in the woods and digs a hole as deep as her head to get it, never succeeding, but will remember that location from one year to the next and check it again for the chipmunk.
[/quote]

My husky succeeds around 30% of the time when she digs for gophers. She gets more than just her whole head in the hole, but almost half of her body. Man, huskies love to dig!

One of these days, I want to take her out into the snow and maybe put her on an iditarod!

1. My cat get’s out to her food dish by clawing up a 6 1/2 foot free-standing closet, up through a space where the sheetrock ends, along the shelf now inside our laundry-room, jumps to the hot water heater, up the wall and over that space again, then into the basement where the food is, along the half-wall and down onto a sewing machine table. When she get’s lazy, she just jumps on me then meows like a fool and leads me to the door.

2. She’s brought home 12 mice, one small rabbit, 5 birds and I see large clumps of other cats’ hair (with and without flesh) all over the yard and have yet to see one scratch on her.

3. I heard her meowing and couldn’t find her. Turns out she found her way up into the dropped ceiling above my kids’ room. No idea how she did that either.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
My black lab likes watermelon and walks extra slow when he crosses the street…[/quote]

You’ll never catch a yellow Lab doing shit like that. Does your dog even have a job?

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

My husky succeeds around 30% of the time when she digs for gophers. She gets more than just her whole head in the hole, but almost half of her body. Man, huskies love to dig!

One of these days, I want to take her out into the snow and maybe put her on an iditarod![/quote]

They’re built for that kind of thing. Watch when she points her nose to the ground, her ears’ll go parallel, so she can hear stuff underground. In tall grass mine will do that then get up on her back legs and stomp down on a spot where she heard something or smelled something. Pretty cool.

got a picture of your husky?