Funny S**t Overheard in Gym

Vegita, dude if you think those “shoes” are cool you probably also own a fanny pack, striped spandex, sport a ponytail, watch TV with a snuggy, drive a Miata whiling drinking Zima.

[quote]Crow wrote:
Vegita, dude if you think those “shoes” are cool you probably also own a fanny pack, striped spandex, sport a ponytail, watch TV with a snuggy, drive a Miata whiling drinking Zima.[/quote]

drinking and driving is not a joke, Crow.

[quote]Crow wrote:
Vegita, dude if you think those “shoes” are cool you probably also own a fanny pack, striped spandex, sport a ponytail, watch TV with a snuggy, drive a Miata whiling drinking Zima.[/quote]

I fucking love zima asshole! Fany packs are versatile and can be used for holding a small amount of tackle while fishing a stream. Striped spandex, hell I’m not even going to explain that one to you, if you don’t get that, you are just an ignoramus. The ponytail is the origional warrior hairstyle, when men started fighting with swords and stuff the hair kept getting in thier way, the first badass who ponytailed it so he could more effectively gut his opponents would not be happy with you mocking his hairstyle of death! Freeballing in a snuggie is one of the best experiences I have had. You know how fast you can get to the junk if your woman wants to give you an impromptu blowjob? All in all I would say your hate of things cool and awsome runs deep, perhaps you didn’t get to play with legos or nintendos as a child, I have no idea.

V

[quote]mombasa333 wrote

Gotta love em’ though, they help keep the gym in business.
[/quote]

Nail on the head. The people we mock all keep gyms open. Tragic and comic all at once.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]Crow wrote:

I fucking love zima asshole! Fany packs are versatile and can be used for holding a small amount of tackle while fishing a stream. Striped spandex, hell I’m not even going to explain that one to you, if you don’t get that, you are just an ignoramus. The ponytail is the origional warrior hairstyle, when men started fighting with swords and stuff the hair kept getting in thier way, the first badass who ponytailed it so he could more effectively gut his opponents would not be happy with you mocking his hairstyle of death! Freeballing in a snuggie is one of the best experiences I have had. You know how fast you can get to the junk if your woman wants to give you an impromptu blowjob? All in all I would say your hate of things cool and awsome runs deep, perhaps you didn’t get to play with legos or nintendos as a child, I have no idea.

V[/quote]
Thats pretty funny, I stand corrected!!! BTW I did in fact play nintendo as child, we couldn’t afford legos though. Your avatar is still gay!

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

He don’t like the Irish dude…you were the scourge of the earth at one time were you not;)

I never seem to overhear much at the gym. I think my eyes see so much stupidity that my ears stop working to save my sanity.
[/quote]

Well maybe I’m just in slow mode today or there’s a running joke around here that I haven’t clicked into yet but I can’t really ever learning about the Irish being the scourge of the earth at any time.
In any case, it’s hardly a reason to tar everyone with the same brush.

Maybe he was really impressed with you and has a staring problem…

I have a guy at my gym who is obviously gay and always stares at me, I’ve learned to ignore it. He seems like he has enough problems and me beating his ass is not going to help. He calls me pretty boy also, which is really disturbing…

• Adam

[quote]Nate112 wrote:
I’ve had a guy stare me down my whole workout, when I was doing Deadlifts he would stare at me then whisper to his buddy, then I would go to curls and he would stare and whisper to his buddy, then the mentally challenged ( literally ) trainer came in and they all stared when I was doing preacher curls, and he said something. It was getting creepy, and I know it wasn’t because of my form, that shit was solid.[/quote]

[quote]adamhum wrote:

I have a guy at my gym who is obviously gay and always stares at me, I’ve learned to ignore it. He seems like he has enough problems and me beating his ass is not going to help. He calls me pretty boy also, which is really disturbing…

• Adam

[quote]Nate112 wrote:
I’ve had a guy stare me down my whole workout, when I was doing Deadlifts he would stare at me then whisper to his buddy, then I would go to curls and he would stare and whisper to his buddy, then the mentally challenged ( literally ) trainer came in and they all stared when I was doing preacher curls, and he said something. It was getting creepy, and I know it wasn’t because of my form, that shit was solid.[/quote]
[/quote]

Over the summer when I was back home I worked out at 24 hour and there was this gay guy that would watch me constantly regardless of what im doing… whenever I was in the locker room and would go to the restroom he would stop what hes doing and hop on the urinal right next to me. He once stopped mid set and followed me all the way to the locker room and just stood like 10 feet back behind me. I even took a nap once in my car and woke up to him staring at me.

I’m not a confrontational person, it requires too much effort and is not worth my time… but damn this guy was crossing the line.

[quote]Crow wrote:
Here’s another one.

We have a middle-aged man who “mentors” teenage kids to train with. Lately they have all been wearing these aqua sock/sandal shoe things with individual holes for each toe kinda like gloves. I think this is because they been repeatly told they can’t train barefooted. A few months ago they spent an hour just training calves and brought in a massage therapist to stretch/rub their lower leg fascia between sets! [/quote]

um, those might be vibram 5 fingers, possibly the best shoe ever made, watch your mouth.

My flat feet, ankles, knees and back thank the designer of these shoes

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]adamhum wrote:

• Adam

[quote]Nate112 wrote:
[/quote]

Over the summer when I was back home I worked out at 24 hour and there was this gay guy that would watch me constantly regardless of what im doing… whenever I was in the locker room and would go to the restroom he would stop what hes doing and hop on the urinal right next to me. He once stopped mid set and followed me all the way to the locker room and just stood like 10 feet back behind me. I even took a nap once in my car and woke up to him staring at me.

I’m not a confrontational person, it requires too much effort and is not worth my time… but damn this guy was crossing the line.

[/quote]
The fuck…? Was he like in your car? Were you even in the gym parking lot or did he follow you to whereever you take your car naps…?
In any case, you should have told him to fuck off. I’m not a confrontational person either but hot damn that’s some freaky stuff

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]adamhum wrote:

• Adam

[quote]Nate112 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]
The fuck…? Was he like in your car? Were you even in the gym parking lot or did he follow you to whereever you take your car naps…?
In any case, you should have told him to fuck off. I’m not a confrontational person either but hot damn that’s some freaky stuff[/quote]

I was in the gym parking lot, I assume he had gotten to the gym recently or something. He was just standing there looking at me lol…

[quote]adamhum wrote:

• Adam

[quote]Nate112 wrote:
[/quote]

It’s because he hickied up your girlfriend.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Like I’ve said before.

Maybe you just don’t look mean enough Jereth. Walk around with a permanent scowl in the weight room and no one says a damn thing to you unless you want them to. [/quote]

You’ve said this to me before…?
Anyways, thanks for that fantastic piece of advice.[/quote]

That wasn’t direct at you specifically, it was a general statement that I’ve mentioned in similar threads before.

If I were going to have it be directed AT you I would have quoted you.

…I was just tryin’ to make a funny.

[quote]Crow wrote:

If you think looking cool at the gym should be a priority…that can’t be you in your avatar, can it?

:wink:

The other day I was talking to a dude about using horse liniment. He asked if it would make him horse-like if he used it in other areas. I LOL’d.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Like I’ve said before.

Maybe you just don’t look mean enough Jereth. Walk around with a permanent scowl in the weight room and no one says a damn thing to you unless you want them to. [/quote]

I agree… I turn my headphones up and look pissed the entire time… Rarely does anyone ever say anything to me…

As it happens I’m often told by family and friends that I look like I’m ‘‘about to kill someone’’ when I’m just walking down the street or anything, I assume they were lying and I actually look like a timid approachable fellow.

The manager of the gym in college giving a tour says to everyone,
“Here we have free weights for toning”

“I’ve been told that you shouldn’t do deadlifts till you’re 21 because they’re bad for ya”

There was a group in my school gym that were fascinated with their max bench. They’d come in late in the evening, try their max (usually fail), wait a couple of minutes and try the same weight again (failing again). They sould do this every SINGLE day.

“I don’t need to do any execises for my legs, I do enough playing soccer”

I walked into ballys…

the end.

Personal Trainer at 24: “It took me 8 months to put on 20 pounds the RIGHT way, now I’m 160.”
Not exactly hilarious, but nothing funny ever happens in my gym.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Crow wrote:

If you think looking cool at the gym should be a priority…that can’t be you in your avatar, can it?

:wink:

The other day I was talking to a dude about using horse liniment. He asked if it would make him horse-like if he used it in other areas. I LOL’d.[/quote]

Guess what? Yep, it turns out the PE guys are now using DMSO as a tool in their tool box for their tool.