T Nation

Funny Music In Your Gym

No, this isn’t about what you listen to while you are lifting. It’s what your gym plays. Now, I’ve heard some funny things but today when I walked in… of ALL songs in the world they had to choose from they had In The Navy by the Village People playing.
I honestly felt like I had just walked into Rainbow Village, it was pretty funny to say the least.

What’s the funniest song you’ve heard at your gym?

our fucking weights room doesnt have any music.
apparently they need an entertainment licence for music and they arent getting one.

so it just a pile of big dudes grunting and iron clanging!

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
our fucking weights room doesnt have any music.
apparently they need an entertainment licence for music and they arent getting one.

so it just a pile of big dudes grunting and iron clanging!

Scott[/quote]

Better than the Village People…

lol true… but we reckon our gym are lieing to us. because the cardio suite upstairs has a pile of tvs etc and a cardio theatre thing with 2 or 3 cds playing. and they use music in there classes so i dont see y we arent allowed music in the weights dungeon?

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
lol true… but we reckon our gym are lieing to us. because the cardio suite upstairs has a pile of tvs etc and a cardio theatre thing with 2 or 3 cds playing. and they use music in there classes so i dont see y we arent allowed music in the weights dungeon?

[/quote]

Because people in the classes pay extra money for classes so they get more luxuries?

I dunno.

Headphones for the win.

That IS a tough one:

Village People OR no music…

miley cirus, kety perry, etc

pretty hardcore imo.

me and 2 mates are setting up a powerlifting and strongman club this year and with membership money we are going to buy a decent hifi for the weights dungeon. and a set of mini bands. lol

Scott

My gym plays some pretty horrific shit most of the time. Depends who is behind the desk at the time.

But I always forget my shuffle so I have learned to tune it out for the most part.

It’s usually bullshit up to about 7 pm. That’s when all the old people and fugly chicks leave and then they start cranking out the heavy music. The free weights are also in a different room from the other stuff, so we usually sneak in some metal or something.

So far no complaints.

I actually cancelled my membership to another gym because I heard Mika blasting from the speakers.

Smack That started playing once. That was during the time when almost everyone was squatting. That was funny.

Most of the time we turn on some rock or rap. Not bad.

They play the gayest music ever. Anything from love songs to country… Nothing to get you pumped up, if i forget my ipod i know my workout is gonna be shitty…

Shitty rap music, the absolute worst.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Shitty rap music, the absolute worst. [/quote]

Better than country and absolute love balads? Some rap is great to workout to. Depends on what kind they play ofcourse…

latest pop charts crap
once they played bad touch by blood hound gang it was hilarious

Here is an example of the music at my gym…

Explore Andreas Hegli

Whatever bullshit Billboard free radio station my gym plays I don’t know nor care. I bring cd’s of whatever I want into the weight room and play whatever the fuck I want when I workout. My gym is inhabited by old people, so literally almost nobody uses the weight room.

I deadlift to bands like Goatwhore, Anterior, Amon Amarth and Immortal.

whatever top 20 is at the current time, sometimes its ok but generally lifting weights to mika - big girl you are beautiful kinda seems like an oxymoron in a gym. Itouch for the win

yeah? try working in a gym 8-9 hrs/day and hearing the same shit repeated day after day.

1. Say what you need to say- John Mayer - he can choke on a dick for that song

2. Bleeding Love- if I hear that song one more fuckin time

and countless other crap.

Not even kidding, Barbie Girl plays at my gym along with Brooke Hogan, Brittany Spears some crap as techo. I swear it should be in some club or something. top of the line BS.

It’s a Golds and they have their own channel it blows.