Funny Experiences in Combat Sports

Figured with all the calling out and shit it would be cool to have a little bit ‘lighter’ type of thread.

Probably my most hilarious grappling moment was about a year ago. A good bud of mine clocking in around 280 was messing with my 13 year old brother (117lbs) had tackled him down to the ground etc… he was into the “Quit hitting yourself” gag when my bro suddenly spins into an armbar. I was dying laughing with a teenager demanding surrender in that cracked and broken puberty voice. It came up at a party this weekend and it still made me laugh.

Anybody else got any humorous moments?

Sitting with the master’s 8 year old daughter in the training hall and watching a little fat kid doing a clumsy kung fu animal form.
I’m asking loud, more to myself "And what’s that supposed to be? Snake? Eagle?
Her: Looks like bear to me.

[quote]No-Gi wrote:
Figured with all the calling out and shit it would be cool to have a little bit ‘lighter’ type of thread.

Probably my most hilarious grappling moment was about a year ago. A good bud of mine clocking in around 280 was messing with my 13 year old brother (117lbs) had tackled him down to the ground etc… he was into the “Quit hitting yourself” gag when my bro suddenly spins into an armbar. I was dying laughing with a teenager demanding surrender in that cracked and broken puberty voice. It came up at a party this weekend and it still made me laugh.

Anybody else got any humorous moments?[/quote]

Things like that are always hilarious. One of mine was when I was 16 and was invited to compete in a senior light contact tournament. I was wearing a pair of the gloves were you just slip your fingers in…one of my opponents was pissing me off with “junior comments” and hitting low so I hit him with a straight right slipped my fingers out, flipped him the bird, fingers back in and hit him with another straight right…all in the same motion.

Was the best combo I ever threw.

OMC

There was the time I missed a kick and landed it on a judge but thats a story for another day :stuck_out_tongue: