Funny Experience

[quote]TJCooker wrote:
keaster wrote:
Yeah its been 4 months since I started lifting real weight. I was stuck in the idea of not gaining any non-functional muscle because of Pavel and his stupid ass books. I was actually dieting down with the nutritional info(if you can call them that) in the Body for Life book.

Basically I was lost. Then I found T-Nation and have been a convert ever since. When I get to my desired weight I’ll post before and after photos.

Pavel may not be a popular guy around here, but just because you have changed your goals to gaining muscle size and getting bigger, don’t go trashing someone that knows WAY more about strength training than you do, since you’re still a young person with more to learn. I’ve used many of his principles of strength training and I find those fundamentals greatly enhance my training on any T-Nation program I might be using. If it weren’t for Pavel, I wouldn’t have found T-Nation. I found the link on his message board and came here. Every coach or trainer has something to offer. Just remember that. Use what works for you, and keep learning.

Also, Body For Life is a pretty good nutritional program for the average person that wants to get started. So don’t rip it just because you may have moved on to something more complicated. Simple can be good too.[/quote]

Good points, thanks for the input.