T Nation

Funny Article: ZMA, Prohormones

http://www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/NSN_backs/May_01/zma.cfm

Haha just something I came across on my travels of the interwebs. Enjoy your lols.

“Furthermore, published studies suggest that magnesium alone may generate similar results as those claimed by this product.”

When did ZMA ever claim to be prohormone like?

the studies were on women and “college students”
no men.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
“Furthermore, published studies suggest that magnesium alone may generate similar results as those claimed by this product.”

When did ZMA ever claim to be prohormone like?[/quote]
The article doesn’t say “prohormone-like,” but “prohormone alternative.”

Biotest has never said such things about ZMA but the original manufacturer has said many things. Victor Conte may well have said “prohormone alternative” – I don’t think he would have found a personal barrier to saying that. 'Nuff said.

“However, this is an enormous and potentially unsafe dose of zinc, although no adverse effects were reported.”

FAIL

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
“However, this is an enormous and potentially unsafe dose of zinc, although no adverse effects were reported.”

FAIL[/quote]

lol

Keep in mind that this article was written in May of 2001, over 7 years ago.

Also, the studies were conducted in 1992.

Just a tad outdated, so no “LOL” from me.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Keep in mind that this article was written in May of 2001, over 7 years ago.

Also, the studies were conducted in 1992.

Just a tad outdated, so no “LOL” from me.[/quote]

That won’t stop idiots from using “against” anyone that uses ZMA.

Anybody have links to any RECENT ZMA studies??

[quote]cyph31 wrote:

FAIL[/quote]

Hahaha epic quote.

That pretty much summarises everything that is wrong with the governing bodies that say what we can/can’t put into our mouths these days.

Reminds me of that picture in a nutrition article a while back with a picture of two fat people… the quotation underneath revealed that they were two award winning nutritional “experts”.