Funky Reaction To Bread

So I haven’t bought bread or really anything bread/starchy carbish (besides oatmeal) in months. Follow Berardi’s dietary guidelines so its all fruits and veggies for my carb sources.

So i’m helping my friend’s parents move and they bring out these huge sub sandwiches, you know the ones from the grocery store that are about 99% white bread? So like an idiot, I wolf down three big pieces because we’ve been moving heavy assed furniture for 5 hrs.

We get done and I come home and pass out on the couch. Woke up an hour later just feeling like dogshit. Mouth tastes like a cat shit in it, my gut is killing me, i’m blowing ass like nobody’s business and just generally feel bad. I’ve read how white flour can cause an inflammatory response so I’m chalking it up to that; or maybe i’m seeing something that isn’t really there? Just curious if anyone had that same experience of funky reaction to eating something you haven’t eaten in awhile.

I’ve got to go get this horrible bread taste out of my mouth with some spinach and gargle with some green tea.

You may have Celiac Disease. My son has it. It’s basically an intolerance of wheat (and grains). Gluten is what holds the wheat together. I did a quick search on the Internet and found the following website. Hope this helps. You probably should to go to a doctor and get a blood test to verify.

http://www.gluten.net/

From the website:

Celiac disease (CD) is also referred to as gluten sensitive enteropathy (GSE), gluten intolerance, or celiac sprue. It is considered to be the most under-diagnosed common disease today, potentially affecting 1 in every 133 people in the USA. It is a chronic, inherited disease, and if untreated can ultimately lead to malnutrition. Gluten intolerance is the result of an immune-mediated response to the ingestion of gluten (from wheat, rye, and barley) that damages the small intestine. Nutrients are then quickly passed through the small intestine, rather than being absorbed. To develop celiac disease (CD) three (3) things must be present: 1) you must inherit the gene, 2) consume gluten, and 3) have the gene triggered. Common triggers may include stress, trauma (surgeries, pregnancy, etc.), and viral infections. Approximately 1 in 20 first-degree relatives could have CD triggered in their lifetime. The disease is permanent and damage to the small intestine will occur every time you consume gluten, regardless if symptoms are present.

To learn more about the recently published multi-center prevalence study of celiac disease visit, www.celiaccenter.org.

More likely was some bad lunchmeat, but I guess it might have been the bread.

Had never considered that…I have a friend who is gluten-intolerant…I dunno, i’ve eaten bread pretty consistently my whole life (what typical North American hasn’t?) up until the last year when I started reading Dr Berardi. I chalked it up to not eating bread/starch hardly at all in the last year.

Didn’t have this reaction on Thanksgiving, where I definitely mauled a shit ton of stuffing, rolls, pie, ice cream, etc. I could be over-thinking this too…couldn’t hurt to get it checked out…could just be a calorie kick in the ass too; did the math and I did consume close to 1000 calories, almost all of which was white bread and sugar…

Large dietary changes, bad meat, sleeping with your mouth open, way more refined carbs than you are used to getting, dehydration, who the heck knows.

It’s hard to take a one off event and then assign blame to something.

That’s kind of what i’m thinking there, just one of those one-off diet fuckups…just a drastic one, thats all…and if the lunchmeat were bad, i’d probably have been shitting my brains out too…

yeah, I know, i’m all class…