Functionally Correct Calves?

i’ll have 6 weeks rest because i broke my left ankle. After that, i’m thinking the program from Don Alessi - fuctionally correct calves. what do you guys think? anyone try that program?

i found that in that program, Day 1, after the A series of exercise, it’s not complete before Day 2. any one have the copy of the complete article?

Google has the old article cached without any pics.

I typed in “FUNCTIONALLY CORRECT CALVES DON ALESSI” and clicked on the cached copy of the following old link:

Hope your rehab goes well!

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I am just curious what exactly functionally correct calves include. To my knowledge the functioning of calves does not have much to do with anything, and what function it has is pretty much genetic (aka ppl who jump high and run fast have naturally “high cut” calves and elasticity).

[quote]kevin_d_lee wrote:
Google has the old article cached without any pics.

I typed in “FUNCTIONALLY CORRECT CALVES DON ALESSI” and clicked on the cached copy of the following old link:

Hope your rehab goes well![/quote]

thx, but i’ve look at that link, if you have a close look at it. before Day 2 of the program, after the “A” exercises, there is no “B” exercise, and just a pic of an exercise.

Doh! Sorry about that. I didn’t even notice that the description for the “toe raises on a leg press with dumbbells strapped to your feet” was missing along with any other B exercises.

All I can suggest is trying to e-mail Don Alessi at the listed Hotmail address or ThePromise@alessifit.com.

Ian King also outlined a calf program in one of his Heavy Metal or Question of Power articles. Unfortunately, I can’t find it right now.

Check out Ian King’s Question of Power #39 for a simple calf program:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;?id=459717

thanks for help kevin_d_lee

i’ve found Ian King’s calves program. but that one is not train for “complete function”, no lateral movement for calves.

i still think Don Alessi’s program is what i need.

There is a killer calf program in one of the very early issues of T-Mag. Its by Charles Poliquin and it will kick the crap out of your calves.

[quote]Boss14 wrote:
There is a killer calf program in one of the very early issues of T-Mag. Its by Charles Poliquin and it will kick the crap out of your calves.[/quote]

what i need before a “killer calf program” is a program that can train all the function of the calf, after that i can do the “killer calf program”.

any one have the complete program of “functionally correct calve” by Don Alessi??