Functional training on leg/chest day?

I want to do functional training, but I can get rid of doing my bodybuilder movements like you all do. Today In want to do chest and back, what movemnets can I do? My calves are killing me from yesterday and my hammies as well. The problem is I would like to rest the previously worked muscles while adding some functional movements. Any suggestions?

Dude u don’t need to sub your bb exercises try soem gpp and or some complexes also why not do your bb movement with non comforming/awkward objects or adding one set of such at the end of each group of sets for your bb movement lets say as you suggested you are doing back and chest well you could do a complex of pushups/pullups/hanstand pushups etc or log press if no log is available then maybe some sand bag presses greater range of motion good functional strength. also have you tried JMB’s recomendation for the drink during your workout it has helped me amazingly Check out one of the threads on Functional strength training for ideas.
Hope that helps.

Chris - good to see you join the functional training movment. Why not try something basic, all you will need is a skipping rope and a towel. Skip rope at a very fast pace in 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks. During these breaks you will perform the following exercises.
rounds 1,2 & 3 - 50 pushups (perform on your fists if possible)

rounds 4,5 & 6 - 10 towel chins

after that cross-over pushups, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off - 5 minutes

Now, I'm not sure if you have access to a punching bag or a pulling sled. If you do I have a few great additions to make.

In faith,
Coach Davies

Ok Coach, so how does one do a cross over pushup?

dp - crossover pushups. Start in standard pushup position. Place an Olympic plate directly under your face. Now move right hand to the left of the plate. This is your starting postion. Start by placing right hand on plate, then left hand on plate, right hand on left hand side of plate and then finally right hand of right hand side. Basically mover back and forth. Hope that helps

In faith,
Coach Davies