Functional Training For Prof X

Just posting that tongue in cheek, with the great love Prof X and others have for the so-called “functional training”, but this video is impressive nonetheless

I think Ross Enamait is much more impressive than that guy.

Is that the look Prof X is going for after his fat loss phase?

harharhar

I like the squat he does at 1:42. I think he stole that from John Travolta though.

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Just posting that tongue in cheek, with the great love Prof X and others have for the so-called “functional training”, but this video is impressive nonetheless

That is impressive and shows a pretty good amount of relative strength (another favourite term).

For combat sports (at least when you have a weight class) functional and relative strength are more important than absolute strength.

Now I miss my Kung Fu classes…

But I don’t miss looking like that.

Nifty skills, I’m going to have to give that back bridge + stand up a try.

-Gendou

Did anyone not laugh when he started doing those silly squats?

Otherwise pretty impressive. My thumbs are hurting.

Wow!, that was really inspirational.

jet

Cool video, but can we stop using the term functional for things that serve little purpose or function.

I can tell you how many times I’ve been forced in a situation where I had 1 hand stuck behind my back, lost use of my fingers on the other hand so I only had the use of my thumb to lift myself off the floor.

Zero times.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
Cool video, but can we stop using the term functional for things that serve little purpose or function.

I can tell you how many times I’ve been forced in a situation where I had 1 hand stuck behind my back, lost use of my fingers on the other hand so I only had the use of my thumb to lift myself off the floor.

Zero times.[/quote]

Don’t get into that tired old debate again, I said it was just to tease the Large Prof man!

[quote]sugarfree wrote:

Zero times.[/quote]

I can only imagine how easy it is to use your thumb for push ups when you only weigh 130lbs with clothes on.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:

Zero times.[/quote]

Agreed, a kung-fu practitioner should only train their thumbs by gouging out 100% genuine human eyeballs. Ninjas eyeballs are preferred.

/just having fun
//sick of this debate, especially since both sides are right for different people with different goals at different points in their training careers

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
I like the squat he does at 1:42. I think he stole that from John Travolta though.[/quote]

So that’s an ass to grass squat…

Badass video… added to my favorites.

Now this is functional.

http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/04/16/laughing-yoga/

[quote]nikolo wrote:
Now this is functional.

http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/04/16/laughing-yoga/ [/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
nikolo wrote:
Now this is functional.

http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/04/16/laughing-yoga/

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.[/quote]

You’re just no HAHAHAHArdcore.

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Don’t get into that tired old debate again, I said it was just to tease the Large Prof man![/quote]

You are right. I’m sorry. After I posted that I realized it was unnecessary. I took a nap. I’m feeling better now.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
Now this is functional.

http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/04/16/laughing-yoga/[/quote]

Does this remind anyone of the pickle suprise video?

Who ever made the music to that video should be kicked in the face.

Seriously.