T Nation

Functional Strength? Amazing Video!

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/46281/Extreme_Strength.html

That’s wild. If he ever gets into a fight, he can just climb a tree or a flagpole… sideways!

wonder how many pull ups he can do

I foresee a future in Cirque du Soleil. Particularly impressed by the control in the tigerbend pushups.

That’s petty good, but check out this amazing display of functional strength:

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Goddam, and he made it look easy. Thanks for posting this, never seen it unlike the vid in the OP which is probably on at least 10 other threads here.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Now this is functional strength, lol…

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
malonetd wrote:

Now this is functional strength, lol…[/quote]

would not want to get punched in the face by that!

Well I guess I wouldnt feel anything because I would be KTFO’D the second his fist touched me.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:

Goddam, and he made it look easy. Thanks for posting this, never seen it unlike the vid in the OP which is probably on at least 10 other threads here.[/quote]

I really hope the “at least 10 other threads here” is a joke… :smiley: the raw bench record is in like… 200 threads… :stuck_out_tongue: But i guess that most people here doesen’t care for amazing physical feats if the people doing them aren’t 200lbs ++… :wink:

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:

Goddam, and he made it look easy. Thanks for posting this, never seen it unlike the vid in the OP which is probably on at least 10 other threads here.

I really hope the “at least 10 other threads here” is a joke… :smiley: the raw bench record is in like… 200 threads… :stuck_out_tongue: But i guess that most people here doesen’t care for amazing physical feats if the people doing them aren’t 200lbs ++… :wink:
[/quote]

If a pitbull and a chihuaua were doing strength feats, guess which one will draw the most audience…

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:

If a pitbull and a chihuaua were doing strength feats, guess which one will draw the most audience…[/quote]

TBH, I think that 75kg lifters pulling 300kg deadlifts is just as impressive and fun to watch as 125kg guys squatting 400kgs… :slight_smile: People are different, I don’t really see the “get as fat as you can game” as very entertaining… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, that is absolutely retarded that respect isn’t given to the strength displayed in the video. Is it because he’s not HYOOGE, or is it because the OP referred to it as “functional” which some of you are to eager to get your panties in a twist about?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:

If a pitbull and a chihuaua were doing strength feats, guess which one will draw the most audience…[/quote]

LOL. I don’t have a problem with the video he posted, I just hate the word functional and, really, I fail to see how it is any more functional than the video I posted.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:

If a pitbull and a chihuaua were doing strength feats, guess which one will draw the most audience…

TBH, I think that 75kg lifters pulling 300kg deadlifts is just as impressive and fun to watch as 125kg guys squatting 400kgs… :slight_smile: People are different, I don’t really see the “get as fat as you can game” as very entertaining… :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

…“as fat as you can”… I don’t think so.

Different functions.

One is the lifting heavy stuff function.

The other is the climbing stuff function.

All this function is stopping my brain from functioning properly.

k, howabout we stop worring about terminology? that video has some incredible stuff regardless of what you want to call it

I’m super impressed with both of these videos.

Lets get into a which is more functional debate.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
I foresee a future in Cirque du Soleil. Particularly impressed by the control in the tigerbend pushups.[/quote]

He’s a circus performer/ already does Cieque du Soleil stuff.

He has sweet strength and very good body control.

The BP is f0cking huge! But it wasn’t paused, and by raw he is wearing a belt?! Raw as in no elbow wraps and bench press shirt?

Function is whatever you decide to do. BP = PL guy. Circus guy because that is what he does. The Circus guy will probably be better at a mix of sports etc but he will not have a jacked BP like that guy does! It all depends on ‘what you want’.

Koing

Both are amazing feats of strength in my opinion.

functional strength GENERALLY means (For anyone actually trying to understand) just to have a possitive carryover to MOST mainstream sports, and that carryover is what most people refer to as “functional”

-yes everything is functional to suit that particular function…but dont be a jackass, its not that complicated that you cant see that its not what the term generally implies