Function Over Form: TheTexican's 5/3/1 Log

Alpha Male (AM) and Metabolic Drive just got here!!! Took my first Alpha Male dose and I haven’t turned into a baboon yet… maybe in 6-8 hours.

Fingers Crossed

Bench in the morning. (my morning, your night)

Yay Alphamale!

The TVixens have a Valentine for you in T-Vixen 17.0 in Sex and the Male Animal.

you’re welcome and happy “Single Awareness Day”

HOLY EFFING CRAP!!!

What a wonderful way to close out my Vday! (it’s just past midnight here!)

I’ll enjoy these next few hours of walking around in the dark pretending to be tough to scare terrorists away!

That thread is why they hate us! lol GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE TVIX! :slight_smile: Great work.

Have fun benching!!

Also, I request pics of the amazing land of Africa. My world is filled with apartment buildings and mag pies, I would like to see what your world looks like!

…forgot to say AND GOD BLESS CANADA TOO!!! (for our Vix and TILF associates north of the border. i.e. AMERICA’S HAT)

I’ll get some up. I have a bunch from my whale shark adventure and some from downtown. I never really take pictures on deployments because:

A. I’m usually busy working. This is the first “deployment” I haven’t actually been doing “real” ops.

B. Most of the guys who take deployment pics make them look all cheesey and they try to be tough guys. I don’t need photos, everyone already knows I’m tough. LOL!

But, I will get some up for YOU asap! :slight_smile: Here’s a stock whale shark photo in the mean time. This is pretty much exactly what it looked like.

View from the boat. Northeastern Coast of Africa

s

l

Checkpoint.

a house downtown Djibouti

Me in uniform

On the plane coming into Africa

f

Main hwy

Spock better be happy I’m filling my log with pictures and not training! :slight_smile:

TRAINING:

Walk/warm up

Bench

barx10 (with EFS mini band doubled around my wrists)

95x10 (band)

115x10 (band)

135x5 (band)

135x3 (band off)

165x5

190x3 (felt slow)

215x3 (sped up a little)

245x3 (all paused, felt solid and crispy{crispy like chicken})

245x1 (extended pause, oh so CRISPY!)

265x1 (-10 from all time PR with spotter calling press; mildly crispy, yet refreshing!{think:cucumber})

My bench ssuuuuuuckksssssss!!!

DB Rows

110x5 sets 5 (extended pull with lat/upper back and squeeze)

these were alternated between bench sets

Press

145x5 sets of 3 (CRRRRRIISSPPYYYYY)

Chin-ups

5 sets of 8 with super dynamic concentric (hands came off bar and chest hit)

Seated dumbbell cleans
20(each)x2 sets of 20 (slow and controlled)

Tricep pushdowns

2x20

NOTES:

Didn’t feel SUPER pumped today, but I got the work in and it all felt clean. I really think the added 40g of protein is going to good use. My muscles feel a little more full and I’m not as sore. Especially for the way I’ve been killing it the past three sessions.

Still uploading pictures per request. Is there a way to post more than one per post? I think this one at a time thing is highly inefficient!

Off night tonight=sleep and an extra meal!! MMMMMMMMM!!! Valentine’s day was whatever. I bought all the kids I supervise sugar free Monsters. I guess that’s my little way of showing I care between the yelling and cursing their lives! haha

Shower and fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood time!

Later taters!

a

OOPS!

Marina

Quiet little beach… picnic? :slight_smile:

Goats for sale in a ditch!