Fun Workout to Try

I like workouts that make me feel close to death. I think they change you mentally and give you an edge. This is actually intended for hypertrophy but I cut the rests short and it turns out it’s quite a conditioner too.

10x10 back squats and 1 arm snatches

(For hypertrophy I think i’d change it to 10x5 now, and use front squats instead so I could go heavier)

squats, use at least 1x your bodyweight.
1 arm snatches, use at least 1/3 x your bodyweight

10 squats, a2g
10 1 arm snatches, left
10 1 arm snatches, right
30s-1 min rest

repeat10x

Been a long time since i’ve had my body SCREAM “no mas”, i wasn’t even sure where I was feeling fatigued, everything just was on high alert.

lungs burned, legs tired & shaky, entire p-chain on fire, shoulders getting fatigued, traps beat to hell, hands going numb from grip & rippin, felt the blood “thump thump thump” in my head, and I couldn’t even hold down anyway water… all while my abdominals, hips, glutes and lower back are firing away to keep me stable.

Great workout :slight_smile:

I rather not kill myself working out and risk getting some nasty injury that puts me out of commission for a few months each year.

I’m with Xen Nova.

Fedor has said that he dies a little bit in training.

I use that philosophy. “Today I will die during training.”

It’s not for everyone. Then again, neither is the pursuit of excellence.

I think I’d probably puke halfway thru that one.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I’m with Xen Nova.

It’s not for everyone. Then again, neither is the pursuit of excellence.[/quote]

I watch a short clip in the locker room everytime b4 I train… SPARTANS PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!

I’m with Xen Nova.

It’s not for everyone. Then again, neither is the pursuit of excellence.[/quote]

That’s pretty much the most motivational thing I’ve ever read in a thread. I’m going to quit being a twat and go pump iron again. To paraphrase TUF, “CaliforniaLaw is made of railroad ties”. Thank you.

deadlifts with those would be pretty nasty too

and warrrr fedor
i highly anticipate his demolition of sylvia

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
deadlifts with those would be pretty nasty too

and warrrr fedor
i highly anticipate his demolition of sylvia[/quote]

I’m not saying he’ll win, but Sylvia impressed me in the fight with Nog. He came to scrap, not wait for a decision. I think it could be a damn good fight. He’s got better TD defense than Schilt, and HMC took Fedor to the ground, Big Tim won’t make that mistake.

As I wrote before, Fedor better watch that jab; an early cut-stop is in my opinion the most likely win for Sylvia.

Anyway, Xen, you’re a beast if you really can survive this for 10 rounds & 45 sec rest.

A personal workout that was a bit similar consisted of 10 perfect form pull ups followed by 400m sprints x10, basically no rest save for the transition period. I swear that during the last two laps when tunnel vision kicked in, I felt some creature was chasing me.

p.s. Aren’t we’re funny monkeys with our 10 finger obsession?

looks like a fun little workout.

“almost dying”
“seeing stars”
“tasting your last meal”

all good indicators of walking “the line” between training and dying.

as of 2 days ago i experienced all of them.

before then i rarely tasted my last meal; then i did split squats.

I’m with Xen Nova.

Then why is he always so soft looking…honestly?

[quote]facko wrote:
[/quote]

Because if you don’t have abs, you must not train hard?

Keep watching pro wrasslin’ and drinking Coors Light, buddy.

Man, if more guys like you invade, a “T-Cell” will be needed; that’s for sure.

[quote]facko wrote:

[/quote]

so do a ton of the worlds strongest man competitors.

besides, we’re talking about fighting which doesn’t have dick to do with aesthetics.

fedor

What’s interesting about that “Friends” poster is that Fedor was repeatedly quoted as saying he would not want to fight Barnett because they were friends.

After Barnett started to become irrelevant, he kept challenging Fedor.

Sort of a low-rent move. But ya gotta do what you gotta do to stay relevant, I guess…

[quote]nothingclever wrote:
I rather not kill myself working out and risk getting some nasty injury that puts me out of commission for a few months each year.[/quote]

Man, if all the crap you post is indicative of your character, then you’re a flaming cunt.

Well

1. I dont watch pro wrestling…I watch boxing and some mma.

2. If you looked at the OP…in one of his other threads…he wrote that losing body fat is one of the best things you can do for yourself as a fighter.

And I’m sorry…If someone is KILLING themselves in training…especially fighting type training which is all anaerobic and aerobic …and eating clean…there is no way they can be soft looking.

I.E. JSP…Sherk…and on and on…

And no, aesthetics don’t have much to do with being a good fighter…but ussually…the good fighters…are lean and muscular…Now I don’t remember once saying Fedor was a bad fighter…did I? I said he looked soft…and rightly so. So flame if you want.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
nothingclever wrote:
I rather not kill myself working out and risk getting some nasty injury that puts me out of commission for a few months each year.

Man, if all the crap you post is indicative of your character, then you’re a flaming cunt.[/quote]

I barely post anything and I don’t see anything much homosexual about what I say unless I’m joking like in that intro music thread.

There’s no reason to need to: see stars/nosebleeds/vomit/blackout/shit yourself/pull a muscle(s) when training. I’m content with just feeling extremely out of breath and my pulse shoot up when I exercise. Pain does NOT always proportionally equal gain.

I don’t need any spartan crap or some inspirational music. I just do whatever I’m doing but I guess that’s not kewl enough for you guys. Maybe I should act like I won a gold medal every time I do anything and obsess over myself just because I picked up something heavy and lifted it multiple times.

Plus I just see so many stupid fucking posts where someone says “HEY GUYZ I TORE MY EVERYTHING AND NOW I CAN"T DO SHIT FOR 3 MONTHS AREN"T I HARD???” Imagine how much more progress you would’ve made if you didn’t try to purposely break your back every time you lifted and just tried your max and added 5 pounds after X amount of time.

All this shit about needing to suffer to succeed makes you guys sound like emos. “Omg I have to bleed to be successful.”

[quote]facko wrote:
And I’m sorry…If someone is KILLING themselves in training…especially fighting type training which is all anaerobic and aerobic …and eating clean…there is no way they can be soft looking.[/quote]

Do you have any proof, or is that a conclusion you’ve reached after watching television?

facko wrote:
And I’m sorry…If someone is KILLING themselves in training…especially fighting type training which is all anaerobic and aerobic …and eating clean…there is no way they can be soft looking.

Do you have any proof, or is that a conclusion you’ve reached after watching television? [/quote]

I already gave you…JSP…Sean Sherk…Silva…Frank Shamrock…Baroni…Ken Shamrock…Rampage…Randleman…and pretty much everyone I trained with PERSONALLY at ATT…so is that more than “what I watch on tv?”

I’m not pissing on Fedors domination…but if you watch this guys stand up …its sub par.