Fun topic: Hemorrhoids

Well I’m 20 years old and I think I just found out what hemorrhoids feel like. BTW it’s kind of a detailed post I’m going to work into, so feel free not to read it if you don’t like hearing about another guy’s ass. Anyways, my anus had been kinda sore for the past day and it felt like I was constipated. Well I tried to feel around down there, and low and behold I have 2 round, red/purple balls around my ass hole. I’m guessing it’s roids.

I’m currently on T-dog 2.0, and getting about 1200-1500 calories a day, I’m 6’4 and 194lbs. I don’t feel hungry, and I drink lots of water. First time in my live having them, and I wonder if it could be in part a result of my new diet. I’ve been on it for about 6 weeks. I get very little fiber, as mostly protein is ingested. Any ideas?

Also I read up a little on Hemorrhoids but I couldn’t come up w/ a solid conclusion. Are they life long? That scares the shit out of me. Or can they be treated and never come back? Not only does it suck if they are chronic because 1.) They hurt and 2.) (okay you probabably didn’t wanna know) but I don’t mind a little anal fun w/ my gf ocassionally.

Now that I’ve told you WAY too much, I’d like some opinions. I’m kinda stressed about this, and would like to hear some replies.

Fun with your gfriend… I’ve never tried that before, but I had anal sex with my girlfriend 3 days straight and guess what? She got Hemroids and I was never allowed access to her behind again!

Hemorrhoids can be caused from sitting too much all day. If you have an office job where you’re required to sit at your desk all the time, then that could be the cause of your hemorrhoids. I would go to the doctor immediately and have him check it out. He’ll probably give you a prescription of Proctafoam. It’s pretty cool. You get these cannisters that have this medicated foam you apply on your hemorrhoids and it’s very soothing.

As far as your question whether they come back, the answer is yes. If you keep doing the things that causes the hemorrhoids, your chances are high. My brother had a nasty case 10 months ago, but he hasn’t gotten them since.

Straining on the toilet will do it, too. Not just sitting. Buy some stool softeners and take them until things work themselves out. Once you’re not straining, they take a few weeks to heal. They suck, but ulitmately they are not a big deal.

And yeah, that was way TMI.

P.S. Exactly how lean are you trying to get.

well that was educational

Well I don’t have an office job, I have a job that requires me to stand for 5-7 hours a day. Then I come home, and aside from working out I probably sit for another 6-7 hours at the computer. I find it very difficult to have a bowel movement now, just since I’ve this problem. I started very suddenly, yesterday afternoon. Mostly it just feels like my ass if very very tight. So odd, I’ve been sitting at a PC like this for 6-7 years now, and first time it’s happened. All I know is my symptoms seem dead on for hemorrhoids.

I’d like to avoid the doctor if at all possible. Do you think a few days of very limited time seated could make them go away?

Forgot to answer, I’m trying to get to 10% BF before bulking up again w/ OVT. I read you should get lots of fiber to help w/ bowels, I’m getting very little, due to mostly protein intake. Could that contribute to the problem?

Well the one part of “TMI” you didnt go into is how often you have bowel movements and what consistency they are?

If the 'roids are caused by “too much attempted forcing of hard poop”, then you will need to soften that stool and add something else into diet to keep it that way.

If not, then I would follow along with your sitting issues or some other medical line.

Anyway, that seems like an awfully small amount of calories to me. 6’4" and only eating 1200-1500? Obviously your LBM is fairly low to come up with that number, I guess I wonder what your goal is though.
Just saying at that low of an lbm with that height, cutting a lot really isn’t going to look that great.

You need some mass.

Proctofoam and Preparation H and all those are excellent for soothing, and usually contain some sort of vasoconstricter, because hemorrhoids are just incompetent dilated veins. They can become thrombosed and then are very very painful. If they are inflammed or “itchy”, a topical steroid may be helpful. Definately use stool softeners and “wipies” or medicated pads like Tucks to wipe with for a week or so. If they become chronic, have them removed. There are several methods: banding, infrared coagulation, and excision. We typically excise then in our office. Good luck.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was on the T-dawg diet. It was probably caused by straining on the toilet, as said before. I was eating a lot of green veggies before the problem, but I made damn sure to eat a very large amount of veggies after the incident. It cleared up in a couple of weeks. Shouldn’t be a big deal.

I’ll ask CGB’sGirl to post some information here. She works in a surgeon’s office and knows more about problems like this than I care to think about.

I don’t care what any diet says, if you’re not getting enough soluble and insoluble fiber you’re not doing good things for your body. Get some bran happening. Seriously.

If you don’t want to go to the doctor, pick up one of the over the counter meds. They do work ok. Dampen the toilet paper a little before you wipe. If you’re really backed up, have the gf give you an enema (can’t believe I just typed that). Sitting is not a big deal as long as you get up frequently. The first couple days are the worst.

I’m so glad this wasn’t in the photo forum.

The T-Dawg 2.0 diet recommends fiber-rich foods like oatmeal, flax seeds and veggies, and says to supplement additional fiber if needed. Let’s not blame the diet.

You need to soften your stools. If you have internal hemorrhoids and you are straining to have a bowel movement, they will prolapse out. It won’t matter if you cut back the time you sit during the day/night. If you have hemorrhoids, there are other factors that will make them problematic and most of the time, you can control them, but you can’t get rid of them. Even with surgery, there is a high chance they can recur. The majority of the patients we see have hemorrhoids/anal tags. They say that around 80% of us have internal hemorrhoids, but a lot of us don’t have any symptoms and might never have any symptoms. You’ll need to consult your Doctor before trying anything, so you know exactly what you have. Our doctors like to prescribe a diet high in fiber and fluids. Stay away from super loose stools too. They will aggravate the hemorrhoids/anal tags and will make them flare-up big time. If there are any other questions, I’d be happy to help you out.

That was to say the least… ummm interesting haha.

What really caught my attention is taht you are eating 1200-1500 calories a day? That’s fairly low!

What caught my attention is that you like your gf to play with your anus. That Just aint right…

Dude 6’4 and 194 means you better put on some weight. I’m 6’5" and 230 at about 12% and i still need to add on lots of weight and my frame is small…

CGB’s girl is right. We had a lot of recurrences after excisions of external hemorrhoids until we started using the laser to excise them, now we have a lot fewer. The way you described the “purple grapes”, they are probably external hemorrhoids, but could possible be pedunculated internal hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids are usually not excised, they can be banded or injected with a sclerosing agent.

Why are asteroids in the hemisphere, and hemorrhoids on our ass?