Fullbody Six Days a Week

Convinced that I should be stronger, I became inspired to train six days a week, whole body. This is what I’ve come up with:

Workout A
Clean and Press 2setx5rep
Deadlift 3,2,1;3,2,1
Wide Grip Bench 1x5
Underhand Bench 1x5

Workout B
Dips 2x5
Pullups 5,4,3,2,1
Deadlift 3,2,1;3,2,1

Focus on strength/hypertrophy in the chest and arms (5 rep sets). Focus on strength in the posterior chain(1-3 rep sets).

I alternate between the two workouts six days a week. I plan on increasing the weight each workout until I plateau or feel too drained. The idea is to lift as heavy as possible as often as possible. The body will tell me when to take a break.

What do you guys think?

I admire your goal, but as far as ‘do i think it will work’ … no freaking way.

Honestly tho, this might be a good thing: you’re starting with WAY WAY WAY too much work, and you’re going to reduce as you learn just exactly what is too much for you.

I’ll tell you up front tho, you have yourself deadlifting 6 times/week, working up to a heavy single TWICE per workout. That’s not crazy, that’s just stupid. No way of getting around that.

Additionally, if I were ever going to attempt somehting like this I would make sure there was a heckuva lot more variety in both a) the exercises and b) the sets, reps, and intensities.

Good luck and if you stick with it this shoudl be interesting to watch. How long have you been lifting by the way?

I’ve been lifting like I posted for the past week (7 days training, no rest day) and feel amazing. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had in the gym.

I’m taking care to regulate the poundage to a manageable level for the amount of sets and reps I do.

For the 321 wave, I’m not working up to a very heavy single as I’m not neurologically efficient in the lift to tax myself too much. I will start a blog in my profile.

Not a very good idea. Adrenal burnout within a 1-2 weeks, no accessory work, no variation between loading parameters. You’re basically asking for an injury, and I imagine you’ll be sleeping more than 12 hours a day, waking up, and feeling like you should sleep even more. Also, no squats or single limb work.

I’m currently doing a full body workout four days a week, 2 heavy, 2 light. It’s working quite well for me.

Im skeptical as well. To get sizable strength gains you’re going to need a level of weight and intensity that really doesn’t lend itself to repeating those two regimens over six days straight. i just don’t see how you can rise to that level. In fact your plan seems to fly in the face of everything I’ve ever learned about strength training. Please post your before and after results when you’re completed.

It sounds similar to Poliquin’s “Super Accumulation” program, but not as well planned out (no offense intended).

Also, I’d have to agree that maxing out on deadlifts twice during each workout is probably not a good idea, especially done six times per week.

You’d better either be independently wealthy (rich and have no job, family obligations, or significant other), have incredible recovery abilities, “on”, and/or not expecting to do this for any significant period of time before taking a significant and complete rest from training.

Your diet better also be dead on.

That being said your volume is pretty low during each workout, which is a good thing in this case.

This just sounds like you’re spinning your wheels to me. I thought the purpose of this routine was to build strength/hypertrophy. Yet here you are basically saying that you aren’t working out very intensely so as to avoid excessive fatigue/burnout.

If you’re seriously interested in strength/hypertrophy then why not try a tested and proven effective routine designed for that purpose.

For pure strength, I’ve never found anything that made as dramatic increases in as short a time period as Poliquin’s 1-6 principle.

Bill Starr’s 5x5 program is quite popular for strength/hypertrophy.

And lastly if you really just want to run yourself into the ground and do a tonne of frequency why not just do Poliquin’s “Super Accumulation” program.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Who knows…considering how light the weights you’re using are, you might get away with it for awhile. Someone with a big deadlift would end up in the hospital.

It’s obviously unnecessary though…Using half the frequency you’d make better gains.

The structure is also not very good - looks like you just slapped a bunch of shit together at random.

My advice, if you care: Pick somethng simple (like a 5x5 variation) and work it for a long time til you get your weights WAY up. Then go from there. You’re certainly not ready to design your own program.

p.s., if the weights listed in your blog are in kilos I apologize. In that case, good luck - but your routine still sucks.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
Convinced that I should be stronger, I became inspired to train six days a week, whole body. This is what I’ve come up with:
[/quote]

Check out Poliquin’s article on the Super Accumulation program that he wrote back in June. Do your program for two weeks and then STOP!

There is another follow-up thread called “Training Til Depressed” where a few of us logged our results.

Good luck.

[quote]Ramo wrote:
Who knows…considering how light the weights you’re using are, you might get away with it for awhile. Someone with a big deadlift would end up in the hospital.

It’s obviously unnecessary though…Using half the frequency you’d make better gains.

The structure is also not very good - looks like you just slapped a bunch of shit together at random.

My advice, if you care: Pick somethng simple (like a 5x5 variation) and work it for a long time til you get your weights WAY up. Then go from there. You’re certainly not ready to design your own program.

p.s., if the weights listed in your blog are in kilos I apologize. In that case, good luck - but your routine still sucks.[/quote]

Between canoing all day and moving heavy furniture at 2am, you will have to excuse the low weights.

Thanks for the comments, I’m changing nothing with the program for now.

I’m not going balls to wall every workout. Some days/sets/exercises will be lighter depending on how I feel.

Oboffill, this guide should help you with the basics of your program.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1617447

Heavy Deadlifts for 6 days in a row? Not a good idea.

If you want to train more than 4 days a week full body style then you need to use a push/pull routine or a…

Workout A
Upper Body Push
Lower Body Pull

Workout B
Upper Body Pull
Lower Body Push

…Style routine.

And if you’re working out 6 days a week you need to designate days for different intensities (light, medium, and hard) and different rep ranges.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:

[/quote]

For a second here I thought you did this on accident.

How strong are you now? Why did you even post for help or others’ imput if you plan on not listening to other’s suggestions?

Why would you deadlift every day 6 days a week? You must be using baby weights, otherwise you will burnout quickly.

Good luck.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:

For a second here I thought you did this on accident. [/quote]

The opportunity was too good to pass up.

[quote]oboffill wrote:

What do you guys think?[/quote]

Sounds like a good program to do along with the V-Diet.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
oboffill wrote:

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good program to do along with the V-Diet.
[/quote]

And make sure you keep moving furniture and canoeing all day, the blood flow you get from that helps with the recovery process.

But seriously, pick up starting strength and get to work, it will pay off 10 times what you are doing.

The “Rest Day?” Program

Workout A
Clean + Press 1setx5rep
Wide Grip Bench 1x5
Underhand Grip Bench 1x5
Deadlift 3,2,1

Workout B
Pullup 5,4,3,2,1
Dip 5,4,3,2,1
Trap Bar DL 3,2,1

Workout C
Sprint
or Flag Football
or Basketball

*6 days on/1 off
*Alternate between A and B. C once or twice a week
*Start cycle at “easy” weight and increase by 5lbs
*Plateau: Drop weight 50%
*Post-Plateau: Start at 60-70% of highest weight and start cycle

Diet: Chicken, Pork, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Rice, Pasta, Fruit, Olive Oil, Water
Supps: Fish oil, mult-vitamin, H2O

My Personal 2nd Tier Supps: L-Arganine, Ginseng, Melatonin, NO-xplode, Agua

I’m out.

Water is a supplement? Whodathunkit…

Thankfully, I’m not working or going to school at the moment because hitting PRs 4 days straight requires 13 hours sleep daily. It feels great.