T Nation

Full Labs from Low Country Male, Checking with Y'all Prior to Consultation, 6 Week Labs Added

LCM tested pretty much everything, but I’m posting what I understand to be the relevant parts.

36 male, fasted, 9am. I’m about 50 pounds overweight, working on that…was 70 pounds overweight in April.

Total Test: 349.8 (300-890)
SHBG 21.9 (10-57)
Test, Free 87.1 (47-244)

TSH 2.33 (.4-4.00)
Free T4 1.22 (.68-1.47)
Free T3 4.3 (2.3-4.2)
Cortisol 11.7 (5-25 AM)
FSH 3.2 (.7-11.1)
LH 8.3 (.8-7.6)
Prolactin 6.9 (2.1-17.7)
Progestrone 0.3 (0.3-0.9)
Estradiol 31 (0-57)

DHEA 252 80.0-560)

Vitamin D 18.1 (30-100)

in April, in an afternoon test, my overall T was 242 vs 349 now, if that has any bearing. My LH was 3.2 vs 8.3 now. That could just be the difference between morning and afternoon tests.

@fangx @KSman

Please edit your post above and directly add the lab ranges where omitted.

"The long story short, I’m 36, low T (248) low LH/FSH and an injured left testicle from
mma…it is half the size it used to be. I recently put on 30 pounds out of nowhere and feel like death, with no libido and iffy erections, this has been for about 6 months. "

Please keep your history in this one thread.

TSH is too high, should be near 1.0
Could be from not using iodized salt creating an iodine deficiency.
Discuss your use of iodized salt.
Post oral body temperatures, see below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I added the ranges. I can’t figure out how to delete the old thread, or I would. I know the thyroid is troubling, my body temp numbers have never shown an indicator, and I take a daily vitamin with iodine, as well as D. I at first thought I had a pituitary issue, but i’m still making LH/FSH…I’ve also noticed size reduction and soreness in my left testicle, so I’m wondering if an old injury could be killing my production.

Your Vit-D3 was not enough.

I asked you some questions that you missed that can be answered now.

Quick update: I received the following protocol:
Vitamin D spray, 10,000iu
Iodine: 20,000iu
Prostate support supp

IM shots of test cyp 60x2 per week (120 total)
HCG 500 injected 2x per week
Anastrazole pills 0.5 2x per week.

Blood tests and body comp check up in 6 weeks.

I am taking the HCG the day before my T and the inhibitor the day after, for now.

6 week labs came back, it seems I’m responding well to the treatment, E2 is a little high, but we are working on that. I’m having some mood swings and nipple sensitivity with these E2 numbers.

Protocol is:
IM shots of test cyp 60x2 per week (120 total)
HCG 500 injected 2x per week
Anastrazole pills 0.5 2x per week.

According to the body measurements, I have lost 7lbs of fat, gained 8lbs of muscle, and dropped 3.5% body fat.

Before:
Total Test: 349.8 (300-890)
SHBG 21.9 (10-57)
Test, Free 87.1 (47-244)
Estradiol 31 (0-57)

At 6 weeks:
Total test: 801.6 (300-890)
SHBG: 16.1 (10-57)
Test, Free: 251 (47-244)
Estradiol: 46 (0-57)