Full Body Workout Plan

How does this workout look? I plan on doing it 3 days a week for the next month. I am looking for hypertrophy. Every exercise is shooting for 3 sets of 10 reps. Once all 3 sets are complete at certain weight, I boost it up a certian percent the next workout. 2:30 rest between all sets and exercises except the last two.

Squat (90 degrees) 3 x 10 (2:30 rest between sets)
Flat BB Bench Press 3 x 10 (2:30 rest between sets)
Bent Over Rows 3 x 10 (2:30 rest between sets)
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3 x 10 (2:30 rest between sets)
Preacher Curls 3 x 10 (2:30 rest between sets)
Weighted Incline Situps 3 x 10 (:45 rest between sets)
Hang Pulls 3 x 10 (:45 rest between sets)

Just want to get some feedback. Thanks.

why are you not doing full squats?

Well I’ll be going a little lower than 90 degrees. What do you mean by full squats?

check out this TBT article. it may provide some insights as to how to most effectively come up with a routine best suited for you…

full squats as in ass to grass. deep squats. only going to 90 degrees is robbing you of some of the benefit that going right down offers.

You could do a few things here. One suggestion is an A-B-A style programme. Workout A would be your current programme; workout B could be:

1. Deadlift
  2. Incline DB Press
  3. Chins
  4. Military Press
  5. Calf Raise
  6. Crunch
    You alternate each workout day, e.g. Monday A, Wednesday B, Friday A, Monday B, Wednesday A, Friday B, etc.

You can mix it up further by alternating rep schemes per workout, e.g. 3x10; 4x6; 3x12, etc.

My only other comment would be to adjust your rest intervals. 2.30mins is quite long for 3x10. I’d consider 90secs, certainly no longer than 2mins for longer rep sets.

Ditto on the long rest time. You wont need that much with that high of reps. If you decide to reduce the reps and increase the weight then you might need that much rest.

You will be lacking in shoulder and tricep development on this plan IMO. Can you add in an overhead press like military or Arnold presses along with an isolation on the triceps like skullcrushers or CG bench press? I like to use an A/B like JamesBrawn007 suggests.

I have done as many movements as 14 on TBT with reduced sets. Once you are warmed up, one good working set with decent intensity will produce results with the frequency. If adding the above is too much consider adding a single set instead and see if that is tolerable before reducing it down to six.

Below is a TBT template I have used A/B before for this rep range. It worked well for me at 60 - 90 seconds rest. You can remove the duplicate isolation work and increase the sets on the main compound lifts to get you back to three sets. If you keep it as is, make sure that the single set exercises are done with plenty of intensity so they really count.

A Routine:

Bench Press 2 X 10
Incline Fly 1 X 10
Barbell Row 2 X 10
Face Pull 1 X 10
Squat 2 X 10
Leg Extension 1 X 10
Romanian Deadlift 2 X 10
Military Press 2 X 10
Back Fly 1 X 10
Barbell Shrug 2 X 10
Lying Tricep Extension 2 X 10
Barbell Curl 2 X 10
Hammer Curl 1 X 10
Weighted Situp 2 X 10

B Routine:

Dumbell Press 2 X 10
Decline Fly 1 X 10
Lat Pull 2 X 10
Dumbell Row 1 X 10
Deadlift 2 X 10
Sissy Squat 1 X 10
Lunge 2 X 10
Arnold Press 2 X 10
Side Shoulder Raise 1 X 10
Dumbell Shrug 2 X 10
Close Grip Bench Press 2 X 10
Seated Dumbell Curl 2 X 10
Barbell Wrist Curl 1 X 10
Cable Crunch 2 X 10

A. Quad Dominant: High-bar full barbell squats, hack squats or front squats.
B. Hip Dominant: Traditional and/or sumo-style deadlifts or Good Mornings. Power cleans or snatches.
C. Horizontal Push: Incline, flat, decline barbell or dumbbell bench presses.
D. Horizontal Pull: Upright or horizontal rows.
E. Vertical Push: Standing or seated military presses with a barbell or dumbbells utilizing pronated, semi-supinated or supinated hand positions.
F. Vertical Pull: Pull-ups or pulldowns with pronated, semi-supinated, and supinated grips.

In accordance with what Chad Waterbury prescribes in http://www.T-Nation.com/...albody_training

And also the benefit of balance. You can work in some Triceps/Biceps work at the end.

You could also read this.
http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/1486/

I think if you focus on adding weight and/or reps to your work set each time you will progress. Don’t feel like you have to do it M, W, F either. That burned me out. If you work hard enough, it’s okay to take 2 complete days off.

Here is another good program that will take you a couple of months but with surplus calories you will definitely grow:

http://www.weightrainer.net/training/beginners.html

Another solid option is to do the following:

A
Squat
Bench
Row
BB curl

B
Stiff leg dead
Military press
(Weighted) dips
(Weighted) chins

Alternate A and B workouts. Do 2-3 progressively heavier warm up sets and one ALL OUT work set in the 6-10 rep range (4-6 for deads, but that’s just pesonal). Always get either more weight or more reps (or both). Log your progress.

So, on squat, if you get 185x10 for your workset, next time you do it (4-6 days later) add some weight. If you only get 6 reps next time at 195, you will use that weight again until you get 9 or 10 reps…but don’t stop at 10 if you can get more.

Again, don’t be afraid to take 2 full days off between lifting sessions. Throw in some calves/abs at your leisure if you want.

The takeaway is that if you focus on compounds, throw in some isos and get stronger on these lifts (w/ extra quality calories and plenty of rest) you will reach your maximum muscular bodyweight. Don’t be afraid to engage in some brisk morning walking/jogging before breakfast to minimize fat gains (if that’s a concern).