T Nation

Full Body Work

Hey I wouldnt consider myself a beginner but I am new to the full-body workouts…and I was just wondering how many excercises should be included…ive heard 4-6…i plan on including the squat, deadlift, type of bench press, overhead press, dips, row…should that be it?? any help would be great…when should the excercises be changes? every other week?

Squat 2 days a week, deadlift once

alternate bench/overhead press. Same with rows/chins

rest is fluff. Add at your own discretion.

example would be:

Monday:
squat
bench
chin

Wednesday:
deadlift
overhead press
row

Friday:
squat
bench
chin

then the next week would look like:

Monday:
overhead press
squat
row

Wednesday:
deads
bench
chins

Friday:
squat
overhead press
rows

assistance
abs,calves,forarms and whatnot.

I like to keep overhead to bench work 1:1 if possible. But I’ve been injured from having weak shoulders so I’m cuatious. There are also plenty articles here about fullbody workouts.

you really only do three lifts?? just doesnt seem enough of a workout but ill give it a shot…thanks

Budy, it’s enough when you are lifting well over 100lbs for each one!

notice I had a little thing called “assistance” at the bottom. Do at your own discretion. If you aren’t blasted after 3 compounds with heavy weight you’re doing it wrong.

dips and whatnot are great aditions.

thats what I do
I only do 3 lifts per workout and it is plenty
i switch up days a/b

dead and squat every day same day
bench/overhead press
cant do chins yet I am still too heavy/weak so I do pull downs or if I cant do that I do db/bb rows

thats all I do and I am seeing great results
thinking of taking out one of the squats/deads and alternate days between like mentioned because doing them both same day is a little much.

Yea nichaaron, I was doing deads and squats same day for almost a month and it caught up to me. Following the 3*5 SS routine I still make 10-20lbs PRs doing deadlifting once a week.

To the OP, if you wanna do a fun compound lift that will kill your whole body then do power cleans. They take awhile to learn but the payoff is fucking amazing.