Full Body Training Every Day?

That is why I have not talked about the full body routine yet. I want to experience it long enough to see if it works well in real life.

1 Like

YEP! It will be included in the NEW “Best Damn Workout” that I just submitted to T-nation

2 Likes

I know adding to a program is frowned upon but since you’ve alluded to it before i thought id ask. any problem with finishing with 3 sets of carries at the end? you like carries!
thx!

Good question. This is from the upcoming article on the sequel to the “Best Damn Workout”: BTW the article will discuss if you can add exercises, cardio and carries.

"CAN I ADDED LOADED CARRIES?

Loaded carries are a very powerful and versatile tool. They can help you build muscle, lose fat and fix strength leaks (which will make you stronger). They are also a very demanding method.

I will not prohibit you from using loaded carries because they are just so damn effective. BUT I will put a limit to how much you can do. Of course some of you can get away with more. But I’m only comfortable recommending the amount that I know will not hurt anybody’s progression.

Remember that I just told you that you can add one bonus exercise per workout. Well you can also use carries as that bonus exercise. But because loaded carries are a lot more traumatic than abs, calves or forearm work you can only add loaded carries once or twice per week. And I would recommend not doing them on the “PUSH 1” and “PULL 1” workouts which will be more demanding because of the heavy squats and deads.

My personal types of loaded carries are the farmer walk and Zercher carry. But I also include prowler pushing in that category.

How much and what type of carry should you do? It depends on your main goal. If you want to focus on building size and strength you should go heavy on the carries and put them first in your workout (it will be a good activation for the rest of the session). Sets lasting around 10-15 seconds would be your preferred parameter. I would recommend at the most 4 sets, including only 1 or 2 very demanding efforts and 2-3 gradually heavier preparation sets.

If your main goal is fat loss I would go lighter for more duration and do the carries last in the workout (to avoid having a negative impact on the other exercises due to fatigue). Sets lasting 45-60 seconds with a moderate weight would be your best option. I would do 3-4 of these sets, all with pretty much the same moderate weight. If you are in good condition a 1:1 work to rest ratio would be optimal. "

1 Like

A NEW “Best Damn Workout”? Oooooh I’m so excited

BTW I’m a 1B easy hard gainer so I’ll have to look at matching your recommendations to BDW. Great stuff, thanks!