Full Body Routine

Nutrition isn’t an issue. I’m getting at least 6k calories a day.

Also, can you answer me this. When people talk about their RM’s are they including the bar weight or just the weight on the bar ?

At your current size, color me skeptical. I truly doubt you’re eating “at least” 6,000 calories, seven days a week. I mean, it’s possible, but unlikely.

Any mention of weight lifted, it’s always assumed to include the bar. 135, 315, 495, whatever, always includes the bar.

1 Like

I only started Monday. I’ll obviously put on weight over time. I was a cyclist before, so I’m not new to nutrition.

I’ve averaged 6.5k a day since Monday. I work as window cleaner, so I expend more than someone who works in an office for example. I have the nutrition pinned, and when I learn how to lift and gain experience about my new sport I know my numbers are going to shoot up.

Some of the best advice I’ve seen given to beginners online. I only just recently realized this and it’s absolutely true. Too many programs have progression protocols that say “hit X reps in Y sets and increase the weight the following workout.” That’s a good way to really kill yourself earning that “promotion” at the expense of form and unrealistic progression expectations. I never increase the weight on a 3X5 until my final set AMRAPS 6 or 7 and I feel confident that I can handle more weight for 3 solid sets of 5.

bulking on at least the same number of calories as Ronnie Coleman, eh? I sure hope you’re carrying as much muscle as he was otherwise you might find yourself getting a little chubby…

3 Likes

But mentality in sport plays a huge role in progression. All beginners seem to be thrown into the same basket.

I know already I can pull 3 plates for at least 2 reps, so I’m not actually lifting heavy at the moment.

Like I mentioned already, I’m not new to nutrition and my calories are now lower than what they were when I cycled.

Not sure why you mention Ronny. I’m not a bodybuilder. I already stated my 1st goal and body composition isn’t of much importance to me.

well clearly, if you’re eating the same amount of calories as one of the biggest bodybuilders who ever lived…

Not many beginners have goals when they start, actual goals that is. Something they’re going to chase down and put all their focus and energy into. Mentioning Ronnie Coleman on this thread makes no sense whatsoever, unless you just skimmed through it and made a quick post.

If you eat as much as Ronnie Coleman, which is what you claim to be doing, you’ll get fat as fuck.

That was all I was trying to say.

Good day, sir.

7 Likes

Untrue. Fact !

You: I eat 6k a day.

Yogi: Coleman eats 6k a day, so you eat and look the same?

You: No I don’t. Fact.

I want to believe you are not that dense.

1 Like

What ?

Beginning to get like Chinese Whispers in here.

Really? Could you please explain why @Yogi1 is incorrect in his statement?

I’ll clarify for you marty, since you seem to be rather obstinate in this discussion.

Ronnie Coleman required 6k calories to support 270+ lean lbs of bodyweight. The top strongmen in the world are at more like 8K+, and also weigh more like 350-400 lbs. They are also carrying 270+ lean lbs of bodyweight. Probably more like 300+.

There are variables that determine how many calories a person requires to support a given bodyweight/musculature. But when activity levels are similar, caloric needs tend to be similar as well. Unless you’re also running 15 miles a day or engaging in some other very taxing activity that you neglected to mention, it’s essentially impossible that your estimation of 6k calories is correct, certainly not over a substantial period of time.

That’s what Yogi was suggesting, but with fewer words. He used fewer words because he assumed you had a basic level of reasoning ability that you don’t seem to actually have. He gave you a lot of undeserved credit there.

1 Like

What Ronnie eats is no way a bench mark for others to base their own calorie needs.

So your saying that you require 6000 calories to support your training ,recovery and growth? Because that what @Yogi1 is saying.

I’m up and down a ladder for at least 8 hours a day also. Climbing over fences and lifting my ladder over it, constant short bursts of speed, walk several mile etc.

ok, that is so ambiguous. What do you do??? lol. you don’t get to tell us a crazy job description like that and not say what it actually is!

1 Like