Full Body Routine Check?

Hi all :slight_smile:

Can somebody please check my new full Body Routine?

Mondays
Main lifts

Deadlift
Military Press
Pull Up
Warm Up and 20reps cluster

Assistance work light intensity
Glute Bridge
Cable Crossover for chest
Facepulls
Triceps cable
Dumbell curls

Wednesday
Main Lifts:

Squats
Dumbell incline Bench Press
Barbell Bent over Row

Glute Bridge
lateral raises
Facepulls
Triceps cable
Dumbell curls

Friday
Main Lifts:
Lunges
Dips
Chin Ups

Glute Bridge
lateral raises
Facepulls
Triceps cable
Dumbell curls

Thanks for Answers and help :smiley:

It’s not a routine. It’s a list of exercises.

1 Like

Yeah not very good at all. Read starting strength and practical programming
Even if you go with another routine, theyre a great source for principles of lifting.

Why are you doing so much isolation work? I assume you’re a beginner like me, why not just stick to the compounds? you don’t need much workload to invoke gains at our level, therefore if you’re doing the basic compounds you don’t need anything else. i just do some forearm curls and bicep curls thats it, and the bicep curls are probably unnecessary.

From what ive read and seen you should be squatting 2-3 times a week, benching 2 times a week about, and pressing the same. aba bab

Do one of these instead…

1 Like

x2 to this.

thanks for all replys,
the routine from Dan John looks interesting, but my question is it not too much volume?

i have found another interesting routine

this one looks similar

could somebody explain the differences?

and what about training in total reps and not in sets? like in the Dan John template for the Pull up exercise for all exercises instead of 3 sets
for example the goal ist 20 reps in total and choosing a weight that you can lift 8 times
doing 8 reps … 15 sec rest … doing 5 reps… 15 sec rest … 4 reps… 15 sec… 3 reps

Nope not too much volume, especially as intensity is rotated in a very clever way. All Dan John’s stuff is proven and rock solid. Dont overthink things just follow a template as written.

Total reps/autoregulation is a valid concept but not something need to consider unless a strong intermediate.

If doing pullups like that, rest 30 secs not 15 or will impact the body like rest pause , which is whole different ball game