Full Body Help

This is my training programme im starting :

no more than 6 exercises and 20 sets in a work out.

workout A

squats
bench press
deadlift
military press
chinups/pullups

Workout B

hack squats
dips
stifflegged deadlift
dumbell shoulder press/upright rows
bent over rowing

start on 3 sets of 10 reps with a weight you can just manage to complete the 3x10 with, when you can do 3x12 up the weight

I was wondering about the warm up sets for each exercise for each lift? whats the best thing to do You dont count warm up sets do you ?

cheers

No you dont count warmup sets, but you need to make sure not to tire yourself out on them.

For example, if you are going to warmup to 185x3x10 for bench, it should go something like this:

45x5
95x5
135x3
155x1
175x1
185x1
THEN first set.

Something along those lines.

[quote]Squat up wrote:
no more than 6 exercises and 20 sets in a work out.[/quote]

Why?

[quote]workout A
squats
bench press
deadlift
military press
chinups/pullups

Workout B
hack squats
dips
stifflegged deadlift
dumbell shoulder press/upright rows
bent over rowing[/quote]

How many training sessions are there each week, two, three, four?

The exercise selection could definitely be tweaked. You’re doing a lot of big movements in the same day and they could be managed better. Also, there are no isolation exercises or arm work because… ?

3x10 is basic, bland, and generally not as effective as other set/rep schemes. Check out Waterbury’s Total Body Training for a better way to arrange a full body program:

It’s similar to your plan, but designed much more effectively.

After a basic, general daily warm-up, I’d suggest one or two “warm-up” sets per big exercise (low to moderate reps with relatively-lighter weight) to prepare the joints and muscles for the specific lift, followed by one or two “feel sets” (low reps with relatively-heavier weight) to figure out the weight you’ll use for the work sets that day, finally followed by the work sets with weights that allow you hit the target reps.