Full Body, Full Boring Comments?

[quote]nucknfutz wrote:
Hi guys, I’m thinking of trying this out. From the book it says that on your non 531 days, you can do either 3x5, 3x3, or 531. Which did you prefer? Thanks. [/quote]

I’ve not experimented extensively but I’ve found 3x5 for squats and bench and 3x3 for deads to be most effective.

Ok. Thanks. I appreciate it.

That’s the way it was written in the Beyond 531 book. The part that seemed a little weird to me is that on the 3rd week, the non-531 days will have more volume for the bench and squat than the 531 day with the same intensity. For some reason I was expecting the 531 day to be “harder” than the non-531 days. I wasn’t sure if that was intentional or I was misunderstanding something.

[quote]nucknfutz wrote:
Ok. Thanks. I appreciate it.

That’s the way it was written in the Beyond 531 book. The part that seemed a little weird to me is that on the 3rd week, the non-531 days will have more volume for the bench and squat than the 531 day with the same intensity. For some reason I was expecting the 531 day to be “harder” than the non-531 days. I wasn’t sure if that was intentional or I was misunderstanding something.[/quote]

A 5/3/1 day would be harder because you go for a + set at the end, which will increase the intensity.

Turns out I’m just an idiot. I accidentally increased the % of the non-531 days each week as well. So the 3rd week had me using 75/85/95% for the non-531 days, which doesn’t make any sense.

So…my bad.

Its OK if you do only needed reps.