Full Body Every Single Day Progress Log

2017-11-03-19-24-44-

3 Likes

I fully endorse this.

2 Likes

You can say whatever you want, it’s your personal log. Not sure why you’re being attacked. I don’t think you’ve said anything out of line, yet.

I’m following.

Just be careful with your intensity training in this manner. Progressive overload is the name of the game, yes, but wave load it. Give yourself some down days. Your body will thank you. Very smart of you to mix machines in. You’ll want a lot of variety.

Cliffs: Just pay attention to recovery/mental burnout. This is one of the largest blind spots for beginners. It still is for me today.

You may want to set a cycle time on this. You won’t be doing it forever.

1 Like

Here is a selection for future use:

When you need to remind people that you can do what you want in a snarky kind of way

Useful for when you have multiple people or wish to encourage multiple people to lel at something/someone

Dude who likens himself to lions attempts to influence T Nationers

When dudes belittle sheep:

*To the tune of Ba Ba Black (race neutral/rainbow?) Sheep “Baaa Baaa Fuck You. You’ve come to the wrong neighbourhood motherfucker.”

That’ll be $10 k thnx

2 Likes

T-Nation Productions Presents: Delegend of dlegends

“One man’s journey/training log to revolutionise lifting brings him up against Russian training methodologies and Soviet Sports Supplements”

Directed and Written by:
khangles

Starring:
@dlegend
@IronOne
@Yogi1
@kd13
@xXSeraphimXx
@oldbeancam

*Gonna Fly Now / Rocky Theme plays

5 Likes

" Coming to cinemas near you." :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@IronOne with my first respond I was pointing out that by his own admissions what he was doing was causing a few issues and maybe he should think again whether it’s such a great way.

I think when you then call yourself a lion and others sheep and think your pushing the boundaries of what the human body can do, when all your doing is some shity weights, you invite the piss take.

I think you can get something like this to work. But not the way it’s currently being done. I think we agree on this.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think he’s too far off target for what he’s trying to do:

-moderating intensity
-exercise variety
-gaining weight (not in a deficit)

If he uses this in, say a 10 week cycle once per year, I could see it being a nice complement to a more traditional approach.

There are many inconsistencies in his information, so I see why many are thrown off.

1 Like

Yeah actually gaining weight is usually the first hurdle people wanting to build mass fail. It’s good that he has that going up. It’s obviously not all muscle but so what, it’s going up so at least he is giving his body a chance to reap the benefits of weight training.

It’s the calorie surplus that’s doing the magic though not this training plan. I’m obviously aware that the body can be pushed way harder than most people will ever push it, but there is a limit to how much your body can build, anything after that is wasting energy, risking injury and possibly restricting muscle growth. Unless your ultimate goal is just increasing your work capacity regardless of what your physique looks like then there really is no need.

Each to their own though.

1 Like

Real empiricists test.

Experience is the only way to know what works, and what doesn’t. If you’ve never tried what I’m doing yet still discredit it, then all you are is a keyboard jockey.

Real empiricists test.

I’m getting strong and feeling really fucking good. My body doesn’t ache one bit.

As long as there are naysayers, I will never run out of mental fortitude.

Squat: 1x10 115, 1x10 135 + 40 pounds
Leg curl: 2x10 85 +10 pounds

Lat Pulldown: 6x10 135 +sets
Machine Incline: 6x10 110 +20 pounds

Seated Cable Row: 4x10 120
Dips: 4x10 bw (too easy)

Machine Side Laterals: 3x10 90, 1x10 95, 1x9 95 +5 pounds

Zero recovery issues.

For the lat pull down, it seems like people either pull down to the upper chest-neck area or they pull down to the lower chest-bellybutton area.

It seems like pulling higher activates the upper lats more. I’m more interested in doing lat pull downs so I can get as wide as possible so I will be pulling higher to hit that area. The seated cable rows already hit my lower lats pretty nice as I pull really low.

They aren’t naysayers, they are optimizers. You may have an easier path to success than you think. Opinions of those that are far more experienced can be a helpful addition.

No one here has given helpful advice but you.

Everything has been, “This won’t work.” or, “It’s only working because you are beginner/caloric surplus”, or “Stop acting like you know anything”.

They say if something’s working, keep doing it.

I’ll ride this wave for awhile. Then, switch to maxing every single day a la Eric Bugenhagen style.

If I get tired of the volume the super high intensity super low volume should a nice, fun change of pace.

Also, the law of accomodation would be at work here.

Changing from super high volume to super high intensity will give my body a nice novel stimulus once it’s gotten used to the same training approach

You stated your not looking for advice, just showing us sheep how far an empiricist lion can push himself. If believing everyone in the world is against you is motivating for you then feel free to believe I’m a naysayer, I actually complimented you on being able to get the scale moving up as many beginners fail at that, but you took that as insult. If you feel your killing it then keep at it.

Good luck.

2 Likes

So, after a small tweak to my lat pulldowns, I’m finally really feeling it in the upper lat area. Should have no problem getting wide asf now :wink:

I’ve also realized that my chest is weak as hell. I never really did much pressing, so it makes sense. Also makes sense why my chest is small compared to my other muscles.

Squat: 2x10 135 +sets
Leg Curl: 1x12 85, 1x10 85 +reps

Machine Incline: 6x10 110
Lat Pulldown: 6x10 135

Dips: 4x10 bw (will start adding weight)
Seated Cable Row: 3x10 135, 1x10 120 +15 pounds

Machine Side Laterals: 4x10 95 +sets

I wonder If I do 1 set of bw back raises everyday if it would affect my squat. I’ll have to try it out. I want to develop some thickness on my erectors.

I’ve also tweaked the form on my seated cable row. Pulling a bit higher so I can start hitting the upper back more I don’t want to look flat.

1 Like

Yo,

Had a long day. only had 50 minutes in the gym before it closed so I wasn’t able to hit legs, and was rushing my sets so wasn’t as strong. Still made progress tho.

Lat Pulldown: 150x10, 135x10 x5 +15 pounds
Machine Incline: 140x10 x2, 110x10 x2, 110x9, 110x8 +30 pounds

Seated Cable Row: 135x10 x4
Dips: bw 4 sets of 10

Machine Side Laterals: 95x10 x4

1 Like

Switched out incline machine for barbell incline press to really focus on strengthening the area I want to focus on. Pretty weak at it so that’s a focus.

Squat: 155x10, 135x10 2+20 pounds
Leg Curl: 90x10 x2 +5 pounds

Barbell Incline Press: 115x10, 95x10 x5
Lat Pulldown: 150x10 x3, 135x10 x3 +sets

Dips: 10x10 x4 +10 pounds

Squat: 185x5 x2
Leg Curl: 90x10 x2

Pull up: 25x5 x3
Barbell Incline: 115x10, 135x5 x2

Low to High Cable Flye: 17x10 x4

What I’m doing is trying to get stronger on the main movements. I still have a lot of strength potential, so it makes more sense to get way stronger super fast, then go back to doing higher reps again once I start so slow down.

This will benefit me because the fast increase in weight will cause muscle growth, and once I go back to doing 10 reps I will be way stronger.

I think I’ll actually go down to reps of 3 or maybe even 1. 5 reps is a bit too light. I’ll have to experiment.

It would probably be an even better idea to drop all assistance exercises focus on the main lifts I’ve been doing for 1-2 weeks and when I go back to doing reps of 10 I’ll add them back in. I don"t want to do that tho

3 Likes

1 Like