T Nation

Full Body & Eliminating Weak Points

I am big fan of using full body workouts 3 times a week, but whenever I use them I feel that I am neglecting my weak points. For example if I do 5x5 squats, it seems that my knees come in on the last rep of each set. But by the time I get to the end of my workout I am too tired to do any quality weak point work (band knee outs). Would a better idea be to add on the weak point work later on in the day?
Thanks in advance
Will42

The good thing with full body workouts are that you volume should be low enough to allow for extra workouts. This might be a good option for you.

I like to end everyworkout with a few light intensity sets for weakpoint training (usually glute work). Even if its not really anything high intensity.

Full Body workouts are great.

But thats the reason why I prefer an upper/lower split. It allows me to "emphasize" more on that particular area. (Weak points, more volume of work,etc..)

-The Truth

Your 3 workouts don't have to be ball to the wall, the first can be hi intensity, with the second being used to address weaknesses, and the third can be lower intensity with a little more volume.

Just a suggestion.

You could try switching out squats with dumbbell bulgarian squats instead? Might be nice to de-load the spine for a while, anyway.

I usually do 3-4 full body workouts per week with 4 exercises each workout.

Depending on how I feel, I will either do accessory work after the workout, or I will do it the next day with some cardio work.

It is a critical and necessary component that should not be overlooked.

Thanks for the responces guys ...tommorow I am going to start a 5x5 cycle getting ready for a strongamn show in may ..
Will42